I can't wrap my head around Nothingness

18 posts in this topic

In my awakening, I had the following clear insights:

1. We are all one
  2. There is only Love energy
  3. True love is unconditional
  4. The Ego does not exist
  5. The true I AM is completely indestructible
  6. The true I AM is everywhere - in the mountains, in the rivers, in birds (the same words that I uttered during the glimpse)
  7. Life has a harmonious design
  8. Everything that I ever knew was an illusion and a lie.
  9. There is no such thing as time and space
  10. There is bliss and ecstasy hidden underneath the illusion 

These insights have stayed with me since the initial awakening and they have matured deeply. However, my monkey mind doesn't understand what Nothingness means because in the awakening, the awareness had a characteristics of Love. So, it is not even Love? Is there more beyond it?

Edited by VincentArogya

@VincentArogya Yes, there's a ton more.

Any object you look at is Nothing.

Love is Nothing.

Keep probing deeper until you get it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes love is key. It sounds like the I AM is God.

@VincentArogya nothing is nothing and at the same time everything. Whatever there is nothing in the moment. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I feel It is getting clear, although intellectually. The characteristic of Love in the awareness was still present in the Nothingness of awareness. But, this hasn't been experienced spiritually and I hope that I don't anchor into concepts of Nothingness.

@VincentArogya don’t think about nothingness right now, concentrate on awareness and letting go. Love will appear inevitably. Dont try to reach it. Just be silent, it will find you. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Nothingness is an infinite isotropic field indistinguishable from itself.

Isotropic adj.

Identical in all directions; invariant with respect to direction.

Having the same properties in all directions: said of a medium with respect to elasticity, conduction of heat or electricity, or radiation of heat and light.

Having equal, common, or non-specific developmental capacity.

Nothingness is the basis of origin of all what becomes. Unified oneness/the void/nothingness the ultimate fertile ground that holds infinite potential to create as time and space unfold mentally.

When the mind is silent, empty of thought, one resides in nothingness and is truly present in what is. No imaginary projections what could be, not in motion, stationary truth that is ethernal.

3 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

In my awakening, I had the following clear insights:

1. We are all one
  2. There is only Love energy
  3. True love is unconditional
  4. The Ego does not exist
  5. The true I AM is completely indestructible
  6. The true I AM is everywhere - in the mountains, in the rivers, in birds (the same words that I uttered during the glimpse)
  7. Life has a harmonious design
  8. Everything that I ever knew was an illusion and a lie.
  9. There is no such thing as time and space
  10. There is bliss and ecstasy hidden underneath the illusion 

These insights have stayed with me since the initial awakening and they have matured deeply. However, my monkey mind doesn't understand what Nothingness means because in the awakening, the awareness had a characteristics of Love. So, it is not even Love? Is there more beyond it?

It depends on if you believe one should meditate on observing the monkey mind in such a way as to not be attached to it and to be aware of the present moment, experiencing moments of silence and sublime nothingness in the process 

Or if you wish to meditate on loving God

A discord occurs if you try to mix them 

@Nak Khid The funny thing about my awakening was that it wasn't induced by meditation, psychedelics or yoga. It actually occurred after listening to an Alan Watts talk. Basically, when the monkey mind tries to make sense out of the experience and tries to gain ownership of it, I become incredibly alert and the mind subsides and my attention quickly turns toward the aliveness of the body (heartbeat and pulse). When I pay attention to something, I automatically return to heartbeat and pulse. I even question who is returning to the heartbeat and pulse and maybe I need to probe into it. Because dropping of the monkey mind is easy but observing it arise is not.

Edited by VincentArogya

An old saying of mine: nihilism teaches you nothing... and that's a lot to learn!

3 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

@Nak Khid The funny thing about my awakening was that it wasn't induced by meditation, psychedelics or yoga. It actually occurred after listening to an Alan Watts talk. Basically, when the monkey mind tries to make sense out of the experience and tries to gain ownership of it, I become incredibly alert and the mind subsides and my attention quickly turns toward the aliveness of the body (heartbeat and pulse). When I pay attention to something, I automatically return to heartbeat and pulse. I even question who is returning to the heartbeat and pulse and maybe I need to probe into it. Because dropping of the monkey mind is easy but observing it arise is not.

How did you experience all that you had mentioned just by watching the video ? Can you share the link of that video ? I will try to drop my ego and monkey mind to see if I am able to experience something.

@An young being I don't know how I experienced it. But, here is the video. Also, you cannot drop the ego and monkey mind, it gets dropped by itself and without any effort from your side.

Edited by VincentArogya

@VincentArogya you can't wrap your head around it precisely because its Nothing.  So don't try to.   Yet we can do our best to describe it.  Whatever we describe isn't it of course. 

So yeah the substance of Love is nothing.  Here's the thing - you can't understand reality coming from the Materialist paradigm.  If you can realize that reality is Infinity or a giant Mind - then it will start to come together.  Think of something infinite (or try to) Something that is Infinite has no ground because it is everything - and everything also has to include nothing.  Thus you get mind or hallucination - the substance of which is nothing.  Since everything includes nothing, nothing permeates through everything, rendering it groundless.  And pure Infinity or Nothing cannot be thought of with the mind - because anything you think Absolute Nothing or Infinity is turns out to have some type of form or shape.  A thought is a form - it is limited and finite.   So Nothing cannot be conceived of but rather it is Being itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.