Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
An young being

Does awakening make your ego go away or increase it?

9 posts in this topic

Ego death leads to awakening. Does awakening in turn leads to ego growth?

It depends. Your ego can also hijack an awakening experience and completely pervert it. Usually there is a milder backlash, but it can get bad also. If you are mature enough to accept the truth and the part of the ONE you call ego is not completely obliterated as it usually is not, your ego will be more whole, more integrated. It will serve you rather than enslave you and you will navigate reality being a being more effortlessly. You see more clearly what the ego actually is, and you will be quicker to see when it's working agains your highest self, which is love. 

Edited by molosku

20 hours ago, molosku said:

It depends. Your ego can also hijack an awakening experience and completely pervert it. Usually there is a milder backlash, but it can get bad also. If you are mature enough to accept the truth and the part of the ONE you call ego is not completely obliterated as it usually is not, your ego will be more whole, more integrated. It will serve you rather than enslave you and you will navigate reality being a being more effortlessly. You see more clearly what the ego actually is, and you will be quicker to see when it's working agains your highest self, which is love. 

Thank you, sounds enlightening.

Meanwhile, I stumbled upon something pretty interesting which is one of Sadhguru's recent videos, although he speaks about karma and not ego. 

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@An young being

The expansion of the universe is only apparent, so it can not go away or increase. 

I say this guy is scary. Yeah yeah a backstory. ?

Well lets crack him up a bit. 

200.gif

giphy (18).gif

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Joke on myself and "Universe" expanding. And what He sometines has to deal with perfectly explained. My dog too I guess. 

xHK0Qc.gif

On 7/3/2020 at 3:57 PM, An young being said:

Ego death leads to awakening. Does awakening in turn leads to ego growth

Awakening is there is no “I” in the body. Ego is the survival mechanism of the body, which is you. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

the initial awakening that starts one on the path usually leads to much bigger and more serious egos.