Jonsey

Is this a a pathway to enlightenment or a pathway to....

33 posts in this topic

You're entire sense of self will be ripped from you. 

giphy.gif

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

@kag101 It is irresponsible if you seek sanity. It is responsible if you seek enlightenment. Depends on what you seek.

So you're saying that to get enlightened, you need to lose your sanity?

one day this will all be memories

20 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

giphy.gif

And after that if a zen master (or anyone else) slaps you, it still hurts right? :D

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Inliytened1 If one has no sense of self one cannot write in a forum. Even Eckhart Tolle has a sense of self. Also Buddha and Jesus did. Otherwise they would not make sense when they talked. If you have no sense of self, for you it would be the same if you say "bla bla bla" and if you say "ahsfsfskdf", if you say "Go f yourselves" and "Go love yourselves". Because there is nobody there to make distinction between the difference. For an enlightened being to be, there needs to be a sense of self. Even if that sense of self is not the body, there is a sense of self. Even if that sense of self is empty of content, it is there.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

22 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

@Jonsey My apologies, I could have been less of a boob about it.

The point I was trying to make, in my own confrontational way, is that this kind of procrastination and "mission impossible" approach is typical of the kinds of strategies that ego employs to buy itself time, dissuade you from proceeding, and all kinds of other misdirections to preserve itself. @Nahm was making essentially the same point in the next post, his style just tends to be more agreeable, at least when called for. (read: He's not a boob :D ).

It's not even criticism, it's just a heads up. :)

Hope that clears it up. No offense was intended.

@Johnny5 Actually I think I sorta kind-of owe you an apology. Ironically, I stumbled upon one of Leo's videos titled "Enlightenment FAQ Part 2." One of the questions he brought up in the video talked about a person waiting until you are old to start becoming enlightened. His response to this question was to NOT wait until you are old and to start attaining enlightenment NOW or in the present. His reasoning was pretty sound and similar to you and @Nahm's reasoning.

And thanks for clarifying your message. I think what got me a little annoyed was you thinking I couldn't do a 7 day solo meditation retreat. I've never done one before so you may have a point, but I am eager to try a 10 day solo retreat, hopefully in the foreseeable future. 

I suppose I could try a one year retreat while I still have my youth, but I'll admit, going that deep with the medicine for that long a period scares the living shit out of me. Again, I'm sure I'll end up a better person when it's all over, but it's an incredibly huge and terrifying endeavor.

22 hours ago, Dodo said:

That's planning on a whole different level. 22 years from now! Wow. But enlightenment is about being present to the moment, why wait 22 years, get 'insane' now

Fear my friend. I guess right now I want my cake and eat it too. I suppose I'm not ready to give up the cake completely. Which I think is what I would be doing if I decided to embark on the year long retreat in my immediate future.

1 hour ago, Jonsey said:

Fear my friend. I guess right now I want my cake and eat it too. I suppose I'm not ready to give up the cake completely. Which I think is what I would be doing if I decided to embark on the year long retreat in my immediate future.

Eckhart Tolle is often talking about how it's better to make every day life the spiritual practice, rather than having a separate one. It's not about eating the cake or having it, but perhaps using this analogy, enlightenment would mean having the cake or eating it and being at peace  with both and either of the choices

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

@Inliytened1 If one has no sense of self one cannot write in a forum. Even Eckhart Tolle has a sense of self. Also Buddha and Jesus did. Otherwise they would not make sense when they talked. If you have no sense of self, for you it would be the same if you say "bla bla bla" and if you say "ahsfsfskdf", if you say "Go f yourselves" and "Go love yourselves". Because there is nobody there to make distinction between the difference. For an enlightened being to be, there needs to be a sense of self. Even if that sense of self is not the body, there is a sense of self. Even if that sense of self is empty of content, it is there.

Correct but in becoming Pure Consciousness the duality of self and other collapses - meaning the self and all sense of self dissolves as you are Pure Being.  Thats what izzing is.   The self returns afterwards or comes back together afterwards - hence why ego backlash occurs.    When back as the ego you are now conscious that it is imaginary and you are rather Awareness imagining it is a self.

Thats what it means when they say it is to die before you die - or that there are no enlightened beings or enlightened selves - because Awareness awakens to itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

18 hours ago, kag101 said:

So you're saying that to get enlightened, you need to lose your sanity?

No. I am saying that to get enlightened, you must lose everything. Sanity is just one of the gates. 

On 06/07/2020 at 0:23 PM, JosephKnecht said:

No. I am saying that to get enlightened, you must lose everything. Sanity is just one of the gates. 

In other words, dying physically... ?

one day this will all be memories

On 5.7.2020. at 4:03 PM, Inliytened1 said:

giphy.gif

Ok c'mon it's awesome. ?

33 minutes ago, kag101 said:

In other words, dying physically... ?

Well, "death" is the last gate, but it is not physical. 

Physical reality has to be transcended before you die. 

10 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

Well, "death" is the last gate, but it is not physical. 

Physical reality has to be transcended before you die. 

C'mon man you just surrender mind has mini panic episide lasts very short. I mean who doesn't want to die to Infinite Love. It really is nothing scary at all. 

Physical death is God damn joke. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity