Jonsey

Is this a a pathway to enlightenment or a pathway to....

33 posts in this topic

...INSANITY??

1. In 22 years, at the age of 60, I plan on enrolling in Arkana's long term immersion program: https://www.pulsetours.com/long-term-immersion-program-with-master-plant-teachers/ 
  2. I plan on being their 12 months.
  3. I am going to meditate 6 days a week/10 hours a day.
  4. The first 5 hours I will do "Do Nothing Meditation"(eyes open). The last five hours I will do Mindfulness meditation(eyes closed)
  5. I will journal my thoughts and insights.
  6. On the seventh day I will take part in a Ayahuasca ceremony. 
  7. The master plant I will ingest during my time at Arkana will be: Chiric Sanango
  8. I just hope climate change doesn't rear it's ugly head by the time I'm ready to embark on this journey.
  9. I would go now, but I have nowhere near the funds to take part on this incredible and possibly life changing adventure into the mind and soul of my body.
  10. Even if I had the money, I would be afraid to go. I don't think I'm mentally ready for the drastic change that would take place inside my mind, body and soul if I embarked on this type of adventure for one year.
  11. I would take part in the year long retreat in a documentary format. If the documentary made a lot of money I would want the money to a charity helping foster kids.

Well folks, is this a path to enlightenment or a path to the nuthouse? 

To get to enlightenment, you must first pass through the path of insanity. 

When you think you are starting to go insane, don't stop. Keep going. 

1 minute ago, JosephKnecht said:

Pretty much sums it up.

45 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

xDLove to you Joseph. Hitting nails everywhere. 

On 7/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, JosephKnecht said:

Crazy True. ?

@Jonsey Frustration, tension, stress, worry, doubt, anxiety, depression, etc, are always teaching Now. You’ve been on the path since you were born.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yes, I was thinking I am insane but then I started to talk to @Nahm and realized that he is even more insane than me ?

So, I made a conclusion we are both normal ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

If some thing comes from some thing, that thing comes from some thing, etc. Thinking is relative.  Some thing can only be the appearance of nothing. In the same way, sanity can only be the appearance of infinite unlimited intelligence. Like a script within a script, sanity’s required in the movie, but believing in it is delusional. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Golden nuggets everywhere, but you indeed feel like completelly sobered out from all of it,Entire life's architecture lets describe it in that way. 

I do indeed love  lie detector. 

You can't fool this guy, trust me. You can't fool him. 

I tried trust me, but he just destroys you. Doesn't even allow some Tango. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

On 03/07/2020 at 0:23 PM, JosephKnecht said:

This is a highly irresponsible advice.

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories

Well see ya in Eugene one day I guess. Will I be with princess or without really doesn't matter at all (not in ? sense) 

Bring zen stick just in case if I get crazy. 

@Nahm Yes ofcourse. It's a set up it really is. All "arranged". Full package deal. ?

I mean I really can't lie to you. Wish I can. Can fool anyone but not you. Well I am God and I always choose best so who will be my best man other then you. ?

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Fully awoken without all these spiritual games, chasing "understanding" and such things. Like the Best. 

We are both dead. Will be super fun in Eugene. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

I find that life is that funny thing where, however you're trying to plan it, that's for sure not how it's gonna turn out.

Like you think you'll have your deepest realisations on a long solo retreat 10 years from now but then it hits you out of nowhere, standing in line at the grocery store after days of frustrating meditation and hating yourself. 

It's okay to make plans. But stay open to life's fierce, loving and ruthless grace. 

On 7/3/2020 at 6:00 PM, Johnny5 said:

If I could have postponed it until retirement, I certainly would have. That's impressive, my man.

Just let everything hinge on a ridiculous year long program that you couldn't even make past the first week even if you were half your age and did have the money. :/

Well Mr. @Johnny5 Not sure if this is a compliment or criticism. lol

But just because YOU think you can't accomplish this feat, doesn't mean it's impossible for others. I also find it odd you think I can't handle a week in isolation for the purposes of meditation. You don't know me nor the work I've been doing these past several months to better myself(Do nothing meditation, strong determination sitting, vegan diet). If an ordinary (but talented) individual like Leo can spend 10 days and 90 hours meditating in complete isolation, I'm pretty sure I can go a week.

And why do you think what I am proposing is ridiculous? Is it ridiculous for Leo to do his yearly 30 day solo retreats? Is it ridiculous for the Marathon Monks of Mt. Hiei to do the incredible things they do to strive for enlightenment? If those guys can do the things they do why is it so hard to imagine an ordinary individual to do a 300 day solo retreat? I'm pretty sure in 20-30 years I'd be more the mentally and emotionally capable to handle such a feat. Some people might need only 5 months to prepare, others may need even less.

Besides, my one year solo retreat is nothing compared to what the Monks of Mt. Hiei endure. I don't think I'll ever be able to hang with those guys. What they do is out of this world amazing. But I'm pretty confident, if I prepare properly, I(and many others) can easily do a 300 day solo retreat and come out on the other end a better person than they were before.

6 hours ago, flume said:

I find that life is that funny thing where, however you're trying to plan it, that's for sure not how it's gonna turn out.

Like you think you'll have your deepest realisations on a long solo retreat 10 years from now but then it hits you out of nowhere, standing in line at the grocery store after days of frustrating meditation and hating yourself. 

It's okay to make plans. But stay open to life's fierce, loving and ruthless grace. 

I agree, life can be that "funny thing" when you least expect it. And you're right, somewhere in between 10-20 years I may realize I don't need the year long retreat. As Nahm implied earlier, life is it's own retreat:

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

Crazy True. ?

@Jonsey Frustration, tension, stress, worry, doubt, anxiety, depression, etc, are always teaching Now. You’ve been on the path since you were born.

I figured when I'm 70 or 80 I'll have nothing to lose, so why not go ALL-IN and see how deep, down the rabbit hole I can go and see what the wonders of the universe have to offer. :-)

10 hours ago, kag101 said:

This is a highly irresponsible advice.

@kag101 It is irresponsible if you seek sanity. It is responsible if you seek enlightenment. Depends on what you seek.

1 hour ago, Jonsey said:

I figured when I'm 70 or 80 I'll have nothing to lose, so why not go ALL-IN and see how deep, down the rabbit hole I can go and see what the wonders of the universe have to offer. :-)

@Jonsey It seems that you have attachments to things that you are not willing to let go at the current moment. That is ok. Take your time. When you are willing to let go of everything, enlightenment will find you

On 03/07/2020 at 11:38 AM, Jonsey said:

...INSANITY??

1. In 22 years, at the age of 60, I plan on enrolling in Arkana's long term immersion program: https://www.pulsetours.com/long-term-immersion-program-with-master-plant-teachers/ 
  2. I plan on being their 12 months.
  3. I am going to meditate 6 days a week/10 hours a day.
  4. The first 5 hours I will do "Do Nothing Meditation"(eyes open). The last five hours I will do Mindfulness meditation(eyes closed)
  5. I will journal my thoughts and insights.
  6. On the seventh day I will take part in a Ayahuasca ceremony. 
  7. The master plant I will ingest during my time at Arkana will be: Chiric Sanango
  8. I just hope climate change doesn't rear it's ugly head by the time I'm ready to embark on this journey.
  9. I would go now, but I have nowhere near the funds to take part on this incredible and possibly life changing adventure into the mind and soul of my body.
  10. Even if I had the money, I would be afraid to go. I don't think I'm mentally ready for the drastic change that would take place inside my mind, body and soul if I embarked on this type of adventure for one year.
  11. I would take part in the year long retreat in a documentary format. If the documentary made a lot of money I would want the money to a charity helping foster kids.

Well folks, is this a path to enlightenment or a path to the nuthouse? 

That's planning on a whole different level. 22 years from now! Wow. But enlightenment is about being present to the moment, why wait 22 years, get 'insane' now

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.