Parththakkar12

Your thoughts on masks

How are masks landing with people?   35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like wearing masks?

• Yes! Feels good to be protected from COVID.
    • Not really, but you have to wear them to protect yourself from COVID.
    • I don't wear them, they're proven to be unnecessary.
    • I wear them cuz everyone else is.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

What are your day-to-day experiences with wearing masks?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

I wear one because it's requested/required that I do. It to protect others, not myself and I understand that. It doesn't bother me at all, it's like washing my hands after I use the bathroom, something you just do without thinking about it. I believe masks offer even more protection that they functionally provide by visually being a sign and reminder to be careful and keep your distance. 

I am hopeful that we will continue the use of masks as a normal but not required thing in the future during flu season. If we want to travel freely and have an interconnected world, we have to start being more considerate about the spread of viruses.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Knowing that I'm protecting others more vulnerable to the virus and in general is great.  When I see others wearing masks, it makes me happy because we're basically protecting each other during this pandemic.

I love to walk into Whole Foods as the only "jackass" who isn't wearing a mask. Yet i can occasionally notice the pain, fear, and unease, of others if i smile or look them in the eyes. I tend to get a lot of respect from workers and it's usually the old geezers who might complain or open disapproval. I am careful with my mood/vibe and attention. I will not support a cause that does not align with my subjective truth. When i am forced to wear a mask i remain invisible, basically like a fake zombie in an apocalypse. 

My wish is for people to stop assuming things, assuming they are right because they have found an argument against something they didn't understand, because it is simply not enough at this time to rely only on what we wish/believe to be true. For those who have not yet "conquered" their health to the degree they would view seeing a medical professional in a doctors office to be a big mistake 9 times out of 10, do not stop exploring new avenues because at this time, it's worth it.  

Edited by DrewNows

11 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

What are your day-to-day experiences with wearing masks?

051111541555.jpg?size=pdhi

I have some N95s, the same healthcare workers use in the infectious disease ICUs 

The mask above is the same thing just marketed for paint here and other ones for dust. 
You can see the print on the bottom of the mask, right side "N95" sideways
They are hard to find now but any mask is better than none but those blue medical ones are just too thin and they have gaps on the side
(but will reduce the forward projection of a sneeze if you are the one who's infected 

So I wear this walking around a city. If there aren't too many people on the street I'll let it hang on my neck. 
Then going into a store or elevator,  public transportation, any close proximity situation put on some hand sanitizer on my hands and then put the mass back on. 

If the world had this quality of mask at the beginning and everybody wore it in the beginning, there would be no pandemic, in my opinion

America is learning the hard way now.  People thought they could ignore this stuff and reopen states.   
People have not connected wearing masks to being able to reopen.   They see it as a symbol of closing and on top of this heavily politicized. 
And now they are paying the price as states are beginning to have to reverse polices.     
There are now severe PPE shortages ( Personal protective equipment, masks etc) and no national strategy to handle it. 
This is outrageous to me.  Instead of Trump using special powers to mandate factory production of these these he's holding campaign rallies with thousands of people not wearing masks and in close proximity 

Edited by Nak Khid

@DrewNows  that's awesome. You must have got many looks. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Serotoninluv what i'd really like to see is a study locating the virus outside of an individual who has it, perhaps in the droplets, because i am so sick of this materialistic science bull shit

26 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Serotoninluv what i'd really like to see is a study locating the virus outside of an individual who has it, perhaps in the droplets, because i am so sick of this materialistic science bull shit

If a mind interprets through a lens of “It’s materialistic scientific bull shit”, it will perceive everything as materialist science bull shit.

We can draw a distinction between criticizing from below vs criticizing from above. From a meta view that sees both immaterial and material, it’s not all materialist science bull shit.

Identifying as a immaterialist and calling it all materialist science bull shit is similar to a materialist calling the immaterial “woo woo” bull shit.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7293495/

5 hours ago, DrewNows said:

we need balance between science and spirituality/mysticism... sometimes, one is better at solving problems than another. sometimes, you need to use a combo of both. in any case, it is not wise to dogmatically marginalize either one.

@Ananta thanks! It doesn't appear to have the science i am looking for. They believed it's mostly spread through droplets...the isolation science makes it extremely questionable

How do they determine what makes the virus infectious? (just thinking openly)

However, although the viruses were able to infect cells in the laboratory, how much virus is likely to cause infections in people remains to be studied.

Sign me up for being the test dummy/guinea pig here... xD

All right, so i just want to be clear, I am not against all the materialistic science, or anything of that nature, and my "criticizing" is mere mockery in the sense i know the science being conducted is ONLY proving association/implication, none of the SARS or COVID-19 studies actually proved or satisfied the Koch's postulates or River's revision. Yet these studies are used to back up this ordeal using rumors/lies (this video explains it all in detail, not that i am basing any of my decision/reasoning off this, it's simply to prove a point) People can make fun of Andrew Kaufman all they want, but know how that blocks understanding of the content

5 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

fuck me xD (long ass review) thanks....

@SerotoninluvWhat do you think of their means for isolation? Almost as if it is purely man-made. This video goes into detail and "critiques" the papers and studies used to kick start everything. Anyways, perhaps a better term than "material" would be tier 1 science xD  

2 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

It doesn't appear to have the science i am looking for.

Okay, good luck with that...I'm getting back in the pool.:D

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Parththakkar12 I have a black face mask I bought online that has a zipper in place of a smile. A few people have found this to be humorous. I like that I have been able, in this small way, to brighten people's day.

19 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

It doesn't appear to have the science i am looking for. 

It seems you are looking for a particular type of science that supports your pre-conceived views. That doesn’t allow for an open-minded exploration, since only science that supports that view will be deemed worthy and science contrary to that view will be debated. As well, partial truths become miscontextualized.

16 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It seems you are looking for a particular type of science that supports your pre-conceived views. That doesn’t allow for an open-minded exploration, since only science that supports that view will be deemed worthy and science contrary to that view will be debated. As well, partial truths become miscontextualized.

Are you for shizzle? 

6 hours ago, DrewNows said:

i'd really like to see is a study locating the virus outside of an individual who has it, perhaps in the droplets

This is something that has never been done....all you have to do is study how they isolate/identify the virus. 

All truths are partial, some are merely higher truths. If you are still caught in the narratives, this will be far from clear in this context, it's cool though, i was simply curious. Keep doing you, i ain't trying to attack ya, the harsh words against science are dense and loaded/shit no doubt 

Edited by DrewNows