Zak

Avolition, my deep social problem

4 posts in this topic

Alright long story short, I got accepted to an internship and today was our first Zoom session.

The CEO asked me to introduce myself to the rest (8 - 10 people) people. I did with great confidence and that's itttt. I didn't not talk for the rest of the session. Never asked question or added something.

I don't know what was wrong with me. I had questions, but couldn't ask. Like what?

I have a really long history of showing an awkward behaviors like this in social situations.

Have you guys ever stayed stuck and silent in front of a relative (someone elder) like you forgot to say hi and initiate conversation? I have done that.

Have you guys ever received text and be like "Ughhhhh should I reply?". It's called avolition. 

Avolition is lack of motivation to get something done. I am schizophrenic (Not officially diagnosed).

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO FIX THIS. IT IS REALLY HARD ON ME AND ON THE OTHER PERSON I INTERACT WITH. ??

I chose to no longer be a member of this forum.

You either are naturally introverted and simply dont like talking to people more than you have to OR theres fear holding you back, either consciously or unconsciously. If this only affects social situations, its not avolition or apathy. If this affects your life in general, then it might be.

Im also curious but you say your schizophrenic but havent been diagnosed. Only want to help you clarify things so i must ask:

1: What mental symptoms makes you think you are schizophenic?

2: Are you going to try to get a real diagnosis?

Sometimes symptoms of schizophrenia can be present in other mental illnesses like major depressive order and bi polar which can sometimes cause you to hallucinate and think delusionally (i know cause i deal with severe enough depression) and i only say this because it seems you have jumped the gun saying it is schizophrenia when you havent had a proper dianosis yet.

Those things you asked about, like if others do the same are pretty "normal" too btw. My advice is to get set up with a psychotherapist.