Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moon

Business and/or politics?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys

Currently studying mechanical engineering and was thinking of graduating then maybe working for a company for a year or so until I can start my own business (plus also considering youtube on the side to share some random insights? idk) 

However, I also have an interest in politics, so was thinking when I'm like 30 (would also be more informed by then) I could switch to getting into politics consciously or something similar related to social engineering 

Ideally I want to have experience of both having my own business and politics...or would you recommend focusing on one?

A separate issue would be me also thinking about having kids when I'm 30 (I may change my mind and decide not to though) :/

Edited by Moon

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

If you're interested in making videos and also politics then maybe you can make a youtube channel that is dedicated to social reformation and sharing insights.

It all depends on what you are most PASSIONATE about.

What gets you all fired up?

If you could start any business you wanted to knowing that you could not fail... what would it be? (assuming money is no object).

Identify what area of life is most meaningful to you (assuming that it is literally impossible to fail and that money isn't a problem)

And begin building skills that are relevant to that area of life.

Dip your toes in making YouTube videos. It might get you all inspired!

P.S. I would DEFINITELY checkout Leo's LP course. It's pure gold and way underpriced imo.

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

4 hours ago, Adam M said:

If you're interested in making videos and also politics then maybe you can make a youtube channel that is dedicated to social reformation and sharing insights.

It all depends on what you are most PASSIONATE about.

What gets you all fired up?

Yeah so I have realized over the last year or so, I'm quite passionate about politics (and wanting to help the most underprivileged especially) as well as being good at "conflict resolution" (e.g. with my family)

I didn't realize till recently that I have quite a bit of stage yellow traits, which could help me deal with issues from root cause and bring something slightly different in some ways

If you could start any business you wanted to knowing that you could not fail... what would it be? (assuming money is no object).

Well honestly I don't really care about luxuries or excess wealth, but I see how money is power and power is needed to get even good causes going, and also obvs I would like some money to survive satisfactorily

But if it was no object then I would do a social enterprise or something, not sure

After thinking about it last night though, I may forget about the business idea and work for engineering firms (semi-interested in) for few years to save up some money before trying to get into politics (whilst doing a lot of reading, research and perhaps youtube or blog on the side from now)

Identify what area of life is most meaningful to you (assuming that it is literally impossible to fail and that money isn't a problem)

And begin building skills that are relevant to that area of life.

Dip your toes in making YouTube videos. It might get you all inspired!

Yeah good ideas, I was thinking if a business opportunity comes up during the path I'll take it, but for now I'll just go with the passion on the side without expecting money from it (whilst saving up money from eng career)
Thanks!!

P.S. I would DEFINITELY checkout Leo's LP course. It's pure gold and way underpriced imo.

I think I'll defo get it within the next year :)

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

In my opinion, you can probably bring about more change in the world with your business and using the money your business produces.

You can't just hit the ground running in politics when you turn 30 and expect to make huge progress. Or suddenly become a mayor or significant politician. Most start off working in the campaigns of other people doing shitty menial jobs to work their way up. 

So if you are really interested in politics, I think you need to drop the business stuff and start now. But I would advise against politics. For someone higher conciousness I think you'll be demoralized by just how corrupt and backwards the current system is, and how futile it is for one person to try to overcome it in one lifetime.