Winny

True Self vs Awareness vs Ego

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

Relatively speaking, ego doesn't exist since it's just a belief, there is no Winny in other words, just this
So, it probably doesn't make sense to you :)

It makes totally sense because there is only now and the ego is just an illusion, it's a story, a concept and that is the the real me. The real me is the awareness and that's what confuses me. If I am just the awareness how can nothing have any desires? who's writing right now? the true self? I'm aware of the action, but who's doing the action? The awareness can't do any actions since it's just simply there...so then who is it? the ego? the true self? both?

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yep.  Nothing is everything.   Have you done self inquiry yet?

Yes, I have and I have come to the conclusion that I am the awareness. That is the reason why I'm asking how emptiness can have any desires? who's writing right now? the true self or the ego? It can't be the awareness can it since it's just there and observing.

5 minutes ago, Winny said:

Yes, I have and I have come to the conclusion that I am the awareness. That is the reason why I'm asking how emptiness can have any desires? who's writing right now? the true self or the ego? It can't be the awareness can it since it's just there and observing.

Pure awareness or Consciousness is manifesting itself through you as form.  It is a shapeshifter :)

And as a limited form God tends to have limited desires :)  it has to, to maintain that particular form.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Pure awareness or Consciousness is manifesting itself through you as form.  It is a shapeshifter :)

And as a limited form God tends to have limited desires :)  it has to, to maintain that particular form

So, me as god, I can have desires to create the dream that I want. But who's the I when the true I is just pure awareness? Thoughts aren't me, but sometimes I need thoughts to schedule my days if I wanted to, so therefore, the awareness is working with the true self?

17 hours ago, Winny said:

Thanks to @VeganAwake who sent me a video on "True Self vs Ego" it is a bit clearer to me what the difference is, however, doesn't true self imply that there is a self? With my self inquiry and a long conversation with @Leo Gura about the brain :D I came to the realization and direct experience that the true I is actually...nothing...pure awareness. Therefore, how can something without characteristics and features have desires? How can pure awareness have peace, love, passion, desires when it is just aware of those? Or am I holding myself back from just "being" which naturally comes with peace, love, passion, joy, desires (it just simply happens and you will know it with intuition) by asking too many questions? :D  

If you knew it with direct experience you wouldn't ask.

@Winny

“ I “ is a thought.

Same for thoughts about an “ I “, like  “days”, “awareness”, etc, etc, etc. 

Let thoughts come & go without reacting.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Winny said:

So, me as god, I can have desires to create the dream that I want. But who's the I when the true I is just pure awareness? Thoughts aren't me, but sometimes I need thoughts to schedule my days if I wanted to, so therefore, the awareness is working with the true self?

Awareness/True Self = one thing (same thing)

I think you are thinking that when we say awareness that it is just emptiness sitting and observing or being aware separate from you.  No - what we are saying is that reality itself is just a giant mind and you are IT!  Total Oneness.  Non-duality. 

But right now you are not conscious that you are the whole thing.  You are currently identifying with a limited part of the whole - aka Winny (or better said, the idea of Winny as there is no physical reality so there is no entity Winny looking through your eyes.  If that were the case you would have found the I during inquiry)

So right now you are not identifying with the entire Mind.    Take the hand analogy.  You have the whole hand and then the fingers on the hand.  Yet notice, depending on perspective, that the finger is also the hand.  You can see it as a finger and then you can see it as the whole hand. And right now you are the finger.

Just be wary - when you actually identify with the entire Mind, the idea of Winny will die.  It will come back - but it won't be real happy about dying.  Spirituality is some serious stuff so make sure you are ready if you wanna go down the path and find the Ox :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

18 hours ago, Winny said:

I came to the realization and direct experience that the true I is actually...nothing...pure awareness

@Winny be verrrrry careful my friend. There is an ASTONISHINGLY HUGE difference between *believing* this and *realising* this.

Believing:

- a small sense of increases knowledge

- new thoughts by which you operate

- a changed mental standpoint.

[Deep] Realization:

- you become fully and literally immortal forever

- all of reality falls around you as huge degrees of confusion and ecstasy meet 

- you a thrown into a new world of tangible pleasure and beauty, the likes of which you could never have imagined.

- thoughts and reality merge and you become Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Allah all at the same time in an explosion of infinity...bliss is your new world.

1 hour ago, Winny said:

It makes totally sense because there is only now and the ego is just an illusion, it's a story, a concept and that is the the real me. The real me is the awareness and that's what confuses me. If I am just the awareness how can nothing have any desires? who's writing right now? the true self? I'm aware of the action, but who's doing the action? The awareness can't do any actions since it's just simply there...so then who is it? the ego? the true self? both?

this v v v

20 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Winny

“ I “ is a thought.

Same for thoughts about an “ I “, like  “days”, “awareness”, etc, etc, etc. 

Let thoughts come & go without reacting.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

12 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

@Winny be verrrrry careful my friend. There is an ASTONISHINGLY HUGE difference between *believing* this and *realising* this.

Exactly.  

@Winny  rather then soak up a lot of stuff here, listen to all the videos and do the work.  The videos will lay a theoretical framework but should not be taken as belief.

Then - if you really wanna find the Ox - put in the work.  Meditation, yoga, psychedelics etc.  You have to do the work to discover this stuff for yourself.   And like i said, this is mysticism and if you wanna become a mystic then well, be prepared for mindfucks.   Stuff that will shatter your entire worldview.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Exactly.  

@Winny  rather then soak up a lot of stuff here, listen to all the videos and do the work.  The videos will lay a theoretical framework but should not be taken as belief.

Then - if you really wanna find the Ox - put in the work.  Meditation, yoga, psychedelics etc.  You have to do the work to discover this stuff for yourself.   And like i said, this is mysticism and if you wanna become a mystic then well, be prepared for mindfucks.   Stuff that will shatter your entire worldview.

Wow...ok. I'll definitely put in more work! Thank you for this.

1 hour ago, Winny said:

@Nahm @Inliytened1 @dimitri @Aaron p Thank you for taking your time to answer. I realize that I still have confusion, that means I have to put in more work. Love you all. 

Growing confusion and "lostness" is a sign of growth, and infact should be expected. Infact, if you aren't confused, I'd be worried haha. When the confusion gets metaphysical it becomes more and more beautiful and pleasure filled. I think how it's meant to work is, the confusion increases and eventually gives birth to silence, then as that silence grows peace grows more and more then it gives birth to bliss and you just fall into the bliss forever and forget all seeking, which is of course only appropriate *after* these levels of development have been achieved. I can't wait lol

The mistake is when someone chooses to stop seeking. The discovery should be so ground-breakingly powerful that you stop seeking by accident

Edited by Aaron p

1 hour ago, Aaron p said:

Growing confusion and "lostness" is a sign of growth, and infact should be expected. Infact, if you aren't confused, I'd be worried haha. When the confusion gets metaphysical it becomes more and more beautiful and pleasure filled. I think how it's meant to work is, the confusion increases and eventually gives birth to silence, then as that silence grows peace grows more and more then it gives birth to bliss and you just fall into the bliss forever and forget all seeking, which is of course only appropriate *after* these levels of development have been achieved. I can't wait lol

The mistake is when someone chooses to stop seeking. The discovery should be so ground-breakingly powerful that you stop seeking by accident

Thank you so much for this. Im willing to put in the work because I actually don't value the truth as much as I value the mind. And since there's this territory of infinite mind...I want to seek it....even if at the end I end up at the same place because it's all here :D but yeah. 

5 hours ago, Winny said:

If I am just the awareness how can nothing have any desires?

Just wanted to point out something. You don't have desires... you are aware of desires. What happens is that events arise, like in your example, let's say a desire... then the ego (thought) thinks... "Ey! I am having a desire" and that's how the ego is constructed. There's a "me" that desires something.

When in reality you are only aware of a desire...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

23 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Just wanted to point out something. You don't have desires... you are aware of desires. What happens is that events arise, like in your example, let's say a desire... then the ego (thought) thinks... "Ey! I am having a desire" and that's how the ego is constructed. There's a "me" that desires something.

When in reality you are only aware of a desire...

ah, ok, so everything is still there except for the ego. Thank you.

@Winny 

images.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Just use 5meo, that should be your main goal, getting that substance. It's just pointless not having that as the main goal. Gotta use 5. Not using AT LEAST regular DMT or other strong as fuck psychedelics is like a body builder going to the gym but there are no weights at the gym haha. You need something that will produce realistic results and measurable growth. You'll spend 50 years meditating and never get as deep as if you spent 1 year plugging 5meo every other week