Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

Trump Retweets White Power Video

13 posts in this topic

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I think a part of him wants to sabotage it. It's just too dumb. 

21 minutes ago, Opo said:

I think a part of him wants to sabotage it. It's just too dumb. 

sabotage what?

Below is an ad from the Lincoln Project that includes Trumps’ “white power” tweet. The Lincoln Project was founded by a group of republicans against Trump. As they have grown, conservative Democrats are joining in - creating an influential centrist coalition. In terms of winning the election, an advantage Biden has over Bernie is that Biden is Orange-centered which is the center of the U.S. these days. 

I find the LP ads to be an interesting mix of U.S. history and tradition and what it means to be American. As well, they sprinkle in some stuff about moving forward.  

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

sabotage what?

Election. 

He probably didnt find the happiness he was looking for and it must be very stressful to get criticized all the time. 

20 minutes ago, Opo said:

Election. 

He probably didnt find the happiness he was looking for and it must be very stressful to get criticized all the time. 

Thats very interesting... maybe subconsciously sabotaging himself... ?

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

Thats very interesting... maybe subconsciously sabotaging himself... ?

Yea.

He has too rigid of an ego to admit that being a president is not so great for him so he unconsciously does stuff like this. 

1 hour ago, Opo said:

He has too rigid of an ego to admit that being a president is not so great for him so he unconsciously does stuff like this. 

My sense is that Trump wants the power, notoriety, admiration and respect that comes with the presidency - yet he doesn’t want to actually do the job of being president. He loves photo OPs in which people are praising him. He’s had official meetings in which attendees needed to tell him how honored they are to work for him. It’s like he wants to play his reality TV role of being the boss on The Apprentice. 

54 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Trump is obviously not a white nationalist, I think him retweeting this was a mistake as he has done this in the past.

He has retweeted many white nationalist messages in the past. He took this one down after republicans started condemning him for it. Last week, he was using Nazi symbols in his ads. If Trump is not a white nationalist, he can easily show this by condemning white nationalism. But he never does. And that silence is very telling. 

If Trump accidentally retweeted a white supremacists supporting me. Simply deleting the tweet after republican backlash is not enough. He should also condemn white supremacy and put up a new tweet showing an example of his supporters that are good. For example, his supporters speaking against white supremacy. . . Oh, wait a minute. . . 

the enemy of my enemy is my friend I suppose o.O

3 hours ago, Akemrelax said:

@Serotoninluv Well, it seems Lincoln Project is a bunch of warmongering neo-conservatives.  

I don’t think that is a fair description. The Lincoln Project is a coalition of ex-republicans and conservative democrats. They are a mix of blue and orange with some green sprinkles. Most of their ads have to do with things like integrity (blue), financial success (orange) and some ads have promoted unity, equality (green). Many of the members have a traditional “strong on military defense” mindset. And some of the members, like Bill Kristol, could be considered new-conservative and hawkish. Yet I think it is a gross mischaracterization to label the group as “warmongering new-conservatives”. 

That ad is not warmongering. It’s more like fear mongering. It depicts Russia having control over the U.S. The ad isn’t saying we need to bomb Russia and start a war. We could respond via diplomacy, building alliances, imposing sanctions on Russia etc. 

They are not sneakily trying to overthrow Trump to push a war mongering new-conservative agenda. I welcome their help since I see Trump as a much bigger threat than LP. Yet I am concerned that they will have a lot of influence on Biden if he wins. I would like that balanced with some green influence on Biden. 

I think he's just a Stage Red emotionally reactive guy who just goes with the flow. If he doesn't like BLM riots, he'll go against them and promote whatever's against BLM. That just happens to be white nationalists. He also likes power, so he will say stuff like 'When the looting begins, the shooting begins'. I find this funny because I can see that he doesn't really mean it. He's just being a stupid clown for attention. And people are absolutely getting the entertainment they want from him!

The reason Trump is able to garner so much attention is that he isn't PC and is willing to express himself freely. This is polarizing and it will attract a lot of attention. People will be like 'I hate Trump! He's an evil bastard who is destroying America'. Some other people will be like 'Yaaaayyy Truuump!! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!! We're all for you!' Like him or hate him, you can't really ignore the guy.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Maybe he is exploiting the racial tension that is happening now, play on feelings to win votes, maybe ?