Javfly33

Are there any good reasons to fully awaken?

64 posts in this topic

They say Enlightement ends suffering and that's why most people pursuit. But Enlightement also means you die. The present moment stays, you die. So you really don't gain anything. You might trascend suffering but in exchange you completely die, I am starting to think it's not such a great deal.

You have to surrender your will, your desires, your selfishness, your identity, your stories, and your lies, your petty pleasures. And in exchange I'll get absolutely nothing. Just being The Present Moment. 

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

They say Enlightement ends suffering and that's why most people pursuit. But Enlightement also means you die. The present moment stays, you die. So you really don't gain anything. You might trascend suffering but in exchange you completely die, I am starting to think it's not such a great deal.

You have to surrender your will, your desires, your selfishness, your identity, your stories, and your lies, your petty pleasures. And in exchange I'll get absolutely nothing. Just being The Present Moment. 

From the perspective of the ego, it’s not such a great deal. From this perspective there is a price to pay. I’m not saying that it’s better to do either. 

Imagine playing a character in a movie. You are so immersed into the character, that you are actually the character and the “movie” is real life. There is a price to pay in transcending that character. In a sense the character dies. You can try to pretend “I’m the character”. There may be flashes of “I’m the character”, yet it’s never the same. You can never completely fool yourself of being the character, like you once did. There are aspects of being the character that are lost. Yes, forms of suffering are lost. Yet so is a lot of fun being the character. It’s like being at a magic show and knowing how all the magic tricks work. It’s just not the same. Yet, there is also some new stuff that opens up. 

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, forms of suffering are lost. Yet so is a lot of fun being the character. It’s like being at a magic show and knowing how all the magic tricks work. It’s just not the same.

@Serotoninluv Exactly, there are a lot of attachments that are part of the beauty of life that also will be gone. That is also heart breaking as fuck.

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yet, there is also some new stuff that opens up. 

So there's something. 

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

All the fear of this dream is revealed to be an illusion.    

We are talking about becoming God here - there is nothing bigger!  You will know bliss like never before.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Serotoninluv Exactly, there are a lot of attachments that are part of the beauty of life that also will be gone. That is also heart breaking as fuck.

So there's something. 

Interesting tho it did the opposite for me made life waaaay more enjoyable. Like life x100 but It took me awhile to reajust 

Thing is you won't get enlightenment unless you surrender enlightenment as well. So you are on the right direction. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

So there's something. 

Ideas of beauty are absolutely not beauty itself. Beauty is not knowing what you're looking at. 

You don't need any reasons to or not to awaken. It's just something that seems to happen sometimes, to no one, like experiencing beauty. You don't have any choice in the matter. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

If you have to ask such silly questions then awakening is not in your future.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How did you cope when you found out Santa Claus isn’t real?

You won't "die". You go from feeling that you exist in the head, bound to the body, to feeling that you are like limitless open space. You still know you are a human (+ the Self) and get to enjoy being that character even more.

@Serotoninluv Santa was real he was called Papa Noel or St.Nicholas and he would actually deliver presents secretly through the Chimney. One day a bag of gold fell into a poor man’s stocking next to the fireplace and that’s how the tradition came around.

They say Enlightenment ends suffering and that's why most people pursuit. But Enlightenment also means you die.

You don't die, just the ego, you have answered your own question. End the suffering, shed the false self. There is another self  a "no self" 

short videos 

20 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Honestly, you do. The only good news is that death is not what it seems. But you won't be able to appreciate that until you're dead.

So you're dead? 

@Javfly33 it's the subtle underlying recognition that the 'I' that feels that it needs to find something, doesn't exist.... and so there's nothing that needs to be found and no one that could find it.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Peace and happiness maybe? 

Im not sure why you think it’s not a good deal? You can still live life however you want and do all the “fun” things in life, whatever that means for you.

It actually makes life better, there’s no resistance to the now, or to life, and you can finally enjoy each spontaneous moment? 

Im not sure what you think gets worse, but it allows you to live from love, happiness and understanding and life simply becomes a celebration and a permanent vacation- what’s bad about that? 

Im not sure who you’re reading or watching, but check out teachers like Francis Lucille, Rupert Spira and I highly recommend reading 1000 to clear up confusion around awakening. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Life does not become empty, bleak and boring after enlightenment. On the contrary. It's the beginning. Living in the now without any resistance, seeing things are they really are, being peaceful. Furthermore, you can still have fun, you can have relationships, you can do whatever you want to do. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.