JayG84

Where do LOA and Limiting Beliefs Merge?

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

I just sarted listening to Abraham Hicks and Neville Goddard and their message is very powerful. 

I'm wondering at what point you can get in the way of the Law of Attraction though. I can visualize something so clear and vivid, and put myself in the world of it and believe I already have it with all my heart. But if the universe is trying to bring it my way and I'm too scared to grab it, what happens to it? 

Like they use examples such as manifesting a trip to Barbadoes or something. But if the Law of Attraction conspires and presents me with the opportunity, but I'm too afraid to get on the plane. Does God leave me behind, so to speak? I'm I not fulfilling my destiny? We are said to have no free will, that God's plan is already set out for us. But if our fear prevents us from going down the roads that God pesents us with, is it really God's plan?

You can't get in the way of Law of Attraction. You attract whatever vibration you hold. If something gets in the way of something you want, you attracted the thing that got in the way.

It's not possible to be left behind. You are it. There is no behind, so to speak. If you are afraid, then it is your purpose in that moment to be present with the fear. That is your "destiny", that is "God's plan". If you feel that fear gets in the way, you are in resistance to fear and what you resist, persists. You will attract more fear.

You can't feel that you have something with all your heart while you are still afraid. So face your fear with love and it will melt away. <3

@NahmBunch@NahmBunch of Magicians and Santas, ha? 

Nice job you took. ?

Exposing the game must be hilarious for you or it's goin' on your nerves. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Well you don't exist, just like the fitness guru is a character in some crazy lady soap opera writer's head. Knowledge and choice are attributes that imaginary characters can only appear to have in the story, they can't actually have them of course. 

Of course crazy lady soap opera writer has this whole plan, the lady who caused your car accident is also 50 pounds over weight and your soul mate, who you'd never have recognized before this whole "unfortunate" charade. Bahahaha. Fat middle aged women sitting on their couches will LOVE this story. The writer wants it to sell, she has a reason and purpose for writing the story, because the soap opera writer exists as a character within the story that I'm now writing for the purpose of pointing you to something.

In life, "God" has no purpose. There is no purpose, no one to sell the story to. Purpose appears within the purposeless. There's no agenda whatsoever, no one to sell or market it to, no one's opinion to change, no one's emotions to manipulate. Unconditional love. 

God appears as man, the son of God manifest, to break the third wall within the story. That's you.

Ta DA!

Lol. Great analogies. So all the stuff that Abraham Hicks and the like talk about is no different than all the other ego death teachings. It's all just shedding all the layers of beliefs and fears that open you up to the limitlessness of reality, and You or I as God can experience literaly anything if we are open to it? So there is no one path then, just an infinite number of forks in the road of which you can take the open road or the closed (fearful) road? What guides us? Intuition? I've tried to listen to my intuition in my life and have failed so many times. Other people seem to know before I do that things won't work out the way I naively thought they would. I don't know what to listen to anymore. The spiritual path is the only one I have found that seems to be guiding me somewhere good. 

I know this sounds ego-backlashy but I'm just new to the whole LOA concept and trying to integrate it. ?

12 minutes ago, Pallero said:

You can't get in the way of Law of Attraction. You attract whatever vibration you hold. If something gets in the way of something you want, you attracted the thing that got in the way.

It's not possible to be left behind. You are it. There is no behind, so to speak. If you are afraid, then it is your purpose in that moment to be present with the fear. That is your "destiny", that is "God's plan". If you feel that fear gets in the way, you are in resistance to fear and what you resist, persists. You will attract more fear.

You can't feel that you have something with all your heart while you are still afraid. So face your fear with love and it will melt away. <3

Great. Thanks. I have to keep the perspective that everything is a lesson. And I am experiencing this for a reason, and everything is pointing me towards truth. 

Sidenote. I keep hearing that you attract whatever vibration you hold. What is meant by this? What does this vibration look or feel like?

2 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

So all the stuff that Abraham Hicks and the like talk about is no different than all the other ego death teachings. It's all just shedding all the layers of beliefs and fears that open you up to the limitlessness of reality, and You or I as God can experience literaly anything if we are open to it?

Pretty much, you can get stuck and hold on to any parts of it you like. You'll take on new beliefs and you can keep them or transcend them. It's like getting a new pair of shoes when you're a kid. They feel amazing because they fit much better than the old pair, but your feet are still growing so you knew they won't fit for ever and that's ok. 

5 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

What guides us? Intuition?

Intuition and guidance exists within duality, within the story. The belief in intuition can either feel amazing to know you have a guidance system and don't have to think so much about everything to get it "right". It can feel like a huge relief to know this. OR it can feel terrible because you are concerned that you aren't following it or using it right. 

You cannot get it wrong. Character "gets it wrong" in the story, character discovers something new, story is richer because of it. You can get it wrong, but "you" don't get it wrong. The problem here is identification with you.

7 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

I've tried to listen to my intuition in my life and have failed so many times.

No "you" haven't, silly.

8 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Other people seem to know before I do that things won't work out the way I naively thought they would.

Other people don't know that at all. Don't tell yourself that story. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Pretty much, you can get stuck and hold on to any parts of it you like. You'll take on new beliefs and you can keep them or transcend them. It's like getting a new pair of shoes when you're a kid. They feel amazing because they fit much better than the old pair, but your feet are still growing so you knew they won't fit for ever and that's ok. 

That's a really good way of looking at it. ?

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Intuition and guidance exists within duality, within the story. The belief in intuition can either feel amazing to know you have a guidance system and don't have to think so much about everything to get it "right". It can feel like a huge relief to know this. OR it can feel terrible because you are concerned that you aren't following it or using it right. 

I feel both. I like the idea of intuition being my guidence system, I just have to realize that if it doesn't bring me where I think it should, that's ok. But then what's the point of the LOA? It's a very misleading teaching, because what they are really saying is "If you want a million dollars, you should drop it, and then you'll be as happy as if you had a million dollars, and then it might come to you. Or not." which I totally agree with and was my understanding before LOA. But all this talk about manifesting pennies and stuff really messes with you...lol

12 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You cannot get it wrong. Character "gets it wrong" in the story, character discovers something new, story is richer because of it. You can get it wrong, but "you" don't get it wrong. The problem here is identification with you.

Right. I feels like you're just a piece in a chess game. To the whole game every piece is essential but it's possible that my human vehicle is a pawn in the game, and the LOA makes you feel like everyone can be the King. (Which might be true) ah...I don't know. This LOA stuff is throwing me in a loop...lol

18 minutes ago, mandyjw said:
30 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

I've tried to listen to my intuition in my life and have failed so many times.

No "you" haven't, silly.

30 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Other people seem to know before I do that things won't work out the way I naively thought they would.

Other people don't know that at all. Don't tell yourself that story.

Right. I know this stuff isn't true. Just the old ego bubbling up again ?‍♂️

@Nahm Pure potentiality infinitely absolute.

Who said that? :D 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

8 minutes ago, dimitri said:

@Nahm Pure potentiality infinitely absolute.

Who said that? :D 

If he said that. I say he is scary. He will bite you like a dog and never let go. ?

You really have no idea what you've got yourself into. ?

But ?. 

You are all loved to Infinity. Just not getting it. 

Drop silly life game, there is no survival. 

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I’m becoming suspicious we’re McDonalds. 

@mandyjw ?   

ronaldmcdonald-48660cb3c334263d2993db4d38227592b5c53587-s800-c85.jpg

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

59 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

But all this talk about manifesting pennies and stuff really messes with you...lol

Seems like it's messing with you but it's just you becoming aware of just how infinite joy and freedom to express it is. You're seeing limitations you put on yourself unconsciously for the first time. 

59 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

To the whole game every piece is essential but it's possible that my human vehicle is a pawn in the game, and the LOA makes you feel like everyone can be the King.

Who wants to be the King? The King just sits back and lets everyone else take risks and be part of the action. I mean, maybe that's what you want, if you're King. Maybe it's a pretty sweet deal, if that's your thing. Maybe it's not.

To me, the pawn is the most interesting character in the game of chess. It's the only one that has the opportunity of going from the lowest value piece on the board to becoming a Queen. To do that though, it would have to die to its pawn self.

Edited by mandyjw

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Seems like it's messing with you but it's just you becoming aware of just how infinite joy and freedom to express it is. You're seeing limitations you put on yourself unconsciously for the first time. 

Who wants to be the King? The King just sits back and lets everyone else take risks and be part of the action. I mean, maybe that's what you want, if you're King. Maybe it's a pretty sweet deal, if that's your thing. Maybe it's not.

To me, the pawn is the most interesting character in the game of chess. It's the only one that has the opportunity of going from the lowest value piece on the board to becoming a Queen. To do that though, it would have to die to it's pawn self-identity. 

Yeah. You're right. I actually don't want to be King. Thanks for clearing it up. I'll keep contemplating ??

@Nahm @mandyjw I'll stop asking for McNuggets now. ?

10 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

This whole "it's about the journey not the destination" thing has really triggered the crap out of me my whole life :D

But I think I'm finally starting to warm up to it :ph34r: (no guarantees)

I looked in the back of the book and we win. "Happily Ever After" even. Then it's just nothing, no words, no more paper even. :o

So I say we better make up some real dramatic shit and make it up fast. 

20 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Ah that's it, I get it now... we're cheating! :o

that explains a lot of my life... :ph34r:

I used to think that! xD But it's only because no one is doing anything anyway, already, so it's not like you had another choice. You just became conscious of effortlessness. Cheating implies that you think it should be hard work and that there are rules that must be followed. I'm pretty sure JK Rowling rigged the "game" of her story to have Voldemort lose in the end. It wasn't a fair fight. Harry Potter cheated, obviously. 

Think about how much work you'd have to put in to make a cheeseburger if you insisted on doing every single thing yourself and had to grow the wheat, tomatoes, and raise, milk, slaughter the cow all on your own? Or you could take advantage of other's assistance and go to McDonald's. Would that be cheating? 

Edited by mandyjw

1 minute ago, Johnny5 said:

I just can't win, can I :( xD

NO!!! You can't lose! You created the concept of loss just so that you could WIN! xD

Ta DA!