WritingHands

Water is running out.

10 posts in this topic

Materialism should be our primary concern now, since it takes thousand liters of water just to produce pair of jeans.

i've been recently trying to come up with ideas that would reduce production needs, like a design projector for t shirts that allows you to render thousand of designs from a platform via bluetooth for one shirt without the need of ordering another one just to print a bunch of text or some meme on it.

That alone doesn't seem to be sufficient enough to reduce the consumption.  Upcycling has to be the norm for everything that already pre-existent. 

My guess for the next major event is war over water.

I guess some of you may already heard about this stuff. I'll just leave this here as reminder that we need to discuss this sooner.

Couldnt we turn sea water to drinking water? 

1 hour ago, Opo said:

By that way it's also going to be continuing feeding our materialistic needs which means even seas are going to be gone at this rate. The population increases and so is demand. 

The point is to change trajectory of needs and transcending them or at least find a much more self conducting and sustainable process of creating material. 

2 hours ago, Opo said:

Microplastics are tasty!! 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Water is always running out of something, sink taps, pitchers, etc. 

"My cup runneth over!" :D "Water is running out!" :o Glass is half full, glass is half empty. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, WritingHands said:

By that way it's also going to be continuing feeding our materialistic needs which means even seas are going to be gone at this rate. The population increases and so is demand. 

The point is to change trajectory of needs and transcending them or at least find a much more self conducting and sustainable process of creating material. 

We aren't gonna change out ways by lying about it. We need to make sure its a real problem before we start preaching to others. 

How will the seas be gone? 

Population will peak at 12 or 13 bil. then it will drop its not that big of a problem. 

6 hours ago, Opo said:

yes some countries do, like Malta and Israel, but it's expensive on electricity. There's a new technology using a nano-filtering which is more efficient. 

The seas won't be gone, water isn't lost (in fact sea levels are rising) but it's fresh water which has a shortage. 

I wear cotton knee length frock as a part of my green embodiment strategy.

Some of my dresses are silk. So least damage to environment. Hope so. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, WritingHands said:

seas are going to be gone at this rate

Where is all that water going to go?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

2019 Desalination technology, advantages , disadvantages 

2018   a University of California, Berkeley, team headed down to the Arizona desert, plopped their newest prototype water harvester into the backyard of a tract home and started sucking water out of the air without any power other than sunlight. The successful field test of their larger, next-generation harvester proved what the team had predicted earlier in 2017: that the water harvester can extract drinkable water every day/night cycle at very low humidity and at low cost, making it ideal for people living in arid, water-starved areas of the world.