Rasheed

Question about Tripp from Leo's Interview

68 posts in this topic

Leo did an interview with Tripp about dating. 

I really liked the interview. I started watching his YouTube channel to learn more. Thing is I don't really know much more about dating sources on YouTube. My question is:

- Is tripp the dating coach on YouTube? Who else do you recommend?

I don't know anyone else, but Tripp. I liked his videos. He is like, healthy orange guy + he is relatable because he was bad at dating too...

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

7 hours ago, Rasheed said:

Leo did an interview with Tripp about dating. 

I really liked the interview. I started watching his YouTube channel to learn more. Thing is I don't really know much more about dating sources on YouTube. My question is:

- Is tripp the dating coach on YouTube? Who else do you recommend?

I don't know anyone else, but Tripp. I liked his videos. He is like, healthy orange guy + he is relatable because he was bad at dating too...

Tripp is a dating coach. Seems too pc and vanilla for my liking. YouTube is full of married dating coaches. Tons of frauds and shills selling crappie programs. Tripp seems like a nice guy. His gf is cute. I never met him before do i don't know much about him. 

Corey Wayne’s material is extremely solid. His approach is a bit... classic? For example he emphasizes calling instead of texting. Also, he coaches against texting at all other than if it’s used to set dates, he is really big on men pursuing their purpose, not sitting around waiting to hear from a woman or texting, he also has principles for how to cold approach, body language, dating, relationship, and long term relationship, coaches that women need to pursue 70-80% of the time or the attraction will slowly lower, men pursue more in the beginning but slowly let women start to take over. Out of all the dating youtube channels out there, Ive learned more from him than any other.

He has a free book so you can validate his stuff for yourself, unlike a lot of these coaches asking you to pay for their material. The book itself could be better written, but if you pay very close attention to the principles outlined, it works extremely well.

Id check him out. 

@Consilience No offence, Corey Wayne is bang average, maybe he’s better at relationship teaching, most of the biggest guys are pretty dog shit, including Tripp and RSD (the worst) RSD charge $1000s for boot camps and tbe guys come back still having no idea how to even approach a girl, they just fill them with concepts & feel good crap. 

@Rasheed Depends what you’re looking for, if you’re looking for advice for LTRs then I wouldn’t recommend these guys, but if want to learn traditional PU, how to increase your value as a man and create the dating life YOU want then I recommend these guys. 

Playing With Fire- Best for online & Tinder game, teaches you how to create an epic online profile and Run effective text game. 

Bradicus- he was the biggest hard case ever, now travels the world as a dating coach, he’s great at daygame. 

John Anthony- his views on life I couldn’t disagree more with, but he’s got more results than anyone in the community, let’s just say he’s dedicated a decade to this and slept with 1000+ women, Make of that what you will, but he knows dating, but I’d say you need to make his teachings to fit your own style.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I like The Natural Lifestyles. James Marshal was my idol. I followed them for a long time, they are green-yellowish. I love the way they see life and women, cuz Im green. 

Travelbum is a bit more advanced, he left TNL and teaches non-dual pickup. He has a lot of turquiose elements. He has a very entertaining show where he goes around the world and does pickup in different cultures. His openers are so unique, they inspire you to be spontaneous. He even critiqued James Marshal, on still having resistance while approaching after 20 years, because he is not using non duality, which is interesting to me 

I cant watch orange puas like RSD, cuz they disgust me, so depends on the person I guess. 

1 hour ago, ginger28 said:

I like The Natural Lifestyles. James Marshal was my idol. I followed them for a long time, they are green-yellowish. I love the way they see life and women, cuz Im green. 

Travelbum is a bit more advanced, he left TNL and teaches non-dual pickup. He has a lot of turquiose elements. He has a very entertaining show where he goes around the world and does pickup in different cultures. His openers are so unique, they inspire you to be spontaneous. He even critiqued James Marshal, on still having resistance while approaching after 20 years, because he is not using non duality, which is interesting to me 

I cant watch orange puas like RSD, cuz they disgust me, so depends on the person I guess. 

Can vouch for these guys, they are golden

Thanks guys. One point I was not clear about, I was not trying get info on traditional pick up, let's have sex with 200 hundred girls kinda business (not saying that's "wrong" stage blue kind of wrong), I was looking for LTR, I was looking for how to attract the women part. 

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Rasheed No wrongs or right (as long as you aren’t harming anyone & doing things consciously) just whatever you want is what you should go after man! 

In terms of LTR focus on becoming the man you want to be in terms of your best version of yourself, but learning some traditional game can help, as how you gonna find the one, without putting yourself out there? A lot of people get into PU to get a GF tbf

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 His work has helped me immensely so... idk what to tell you. Kinda like when someone tells me Leo is arrogant and full of shit. Alright? Doesnt change the fact that he’s helped me immensely. Plenty of anecdotes of his teachings working successfully and he also gives all of it away for free, unlike other coaches. 

13 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Consilience No offence, Corey Wayne is bang average, maybe he’s better at relationship teaching, most of the biggest guys are pretty dog shit, including Tripp and RSD (the worst) RSD charge $1000s for boot camps and tbe guys come back still having no idea how to even approach a girl, they just fill them with concepts & feel good crap. 

@Rasheed Depends what you’re looking for, if you’re looking for advice for LTRs then I wouldn’t recommend these guys, but if want to learn traditional PU, how to increase your value as a man and create the dating life YOU want then I recommend these guys. 

Playing With Fire- Best for online & Tinder game, teaches you how to create an epic online profile and Run effective text game. 

Bradicus- he was the biggest hard case ever, now travels the world as a dating coach, he’s great at daygame. 

John Anthony- his views on life I couldn’t disagree more with, but he’s got more results than anyone in the community, let’s just say he’s dedicated a decade to this and slept with 1000+ women, Make of that what you will, but he knows dating, but I’d say you need to make his teachings to fit your own style.

Actually the results of the teacher doesn't correlate with YOUR results. To give an example in a different field, just because Einstein was a genius doesn't mean he knows how to teach others to be a genius. Likewise just because you get lots of results from women doesn't mean you can teach it or means you're gonna get the same results as him. A lot of results from pickup comes from how much your perspective resonates with the teacher, rather than what the teacher achieves. Some people need Corey Wayne because his perspective resonates with others more than other perspectives like Playing With Fire's perspective.

Anyway, I find that apart from minor technical tweaks, and possibly opening your mind up to new ideas for approaches, listening to pickup gurus is helpful really only for motivation and for battling the negative thoughts that arise when doing pickup. Its not that helpful for getting results. For getting results you're probably better off doing some foundational emotional awareness exercises and lots of practice and real life experimentation. 

@Consilience If he's helpful for you, so be it man. But some of his concepts are just complete bollocks if I'm honest, like waiting a week to text a girl after you see her....wtf? 

Depends what you class as success, do these people have actual objective results? I'm not meaning to be blunt, there's just a lot of charlatans in the industry, who exploit men who know no better, like RSD, guys pay $1000s for their bootcamps and come back knowing next to nothing new. 

Again, I'm not shitting on Corey Wayne, I just know there's better out there IMO, that can help people get results faster, that's all. And, by results I just mean helping that particular client achieve whatever their dating goals are, after all isn't that what dating coaches are supposed to do? 

I also am not against paying for something that is worth it, I would pretty much agree with the top 2 reviews on Corey's book- 

https://www.amazon.com/Winning-Heart-Woman-Dreams-ebook/dp/B004QOBAPK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&n=133140011&s=digital-text&linkCode=sl1&tag=understand0d4-20&linkId=06a738ae4c0a2cecf86a56101c256ead#customerReviews

I'm glad he helped you, all I'm saying is there is likely better coaches out there, but my opinion means fuck all at the end of the day!

@electroBeam I was talking about a teachers own results, I think in fields like this, if you're going to teach dating, you need to know what you're talking about. Just like I wouldn't listen to a fat Personal Trainer, I'm not going to listen to 'Dating Coaches' who haven't had any success themselves. 

I get what you mean, like Michael Jordan isn't necessarily gonna be the best coach, but you judge a coach by their student / teams results right? Like in football, Liverpool's manager Jurgen Klopp is judged by how Liverpool perform, and there are objective measures for that. 

The issue I have with a lot of the PUA industry is they string guys along. I heard a story of Todd V's students of 9 months who hadn't slept with a single girl in that time frame, yet Todd said he 'was making progress' to me that's just bollocks. To be clear, I'm not saying it's all about laycount or whatever, but surely after almost a year you'd hope to have some objective results in your own dating life, whatever that means for you. 

Yeah, I'd agree to an extent, true PU is more about becoming the best man you can be and being authentically yourself. It should be seen as a means of becoming your best self, not as a means to manipulate as many women into bed with you, you think Leonardo DiCaprio needs to manipulate Women> lol. 

Of course there's technical aspects and foundational stuff to learn, and key tweaks like with anything, but I agree, it's like Self-Help in the respect you should consume material and then act on it, not just constantly consume. Reading about lifting weights isn't gonna get you jacked. 

On 30/6/2020 at 3:10 PM, universe said:

I second this. Great stuff if you're the typical nice guy, I became aware of my nice guy behavior thanks to this channel.

And also the book "No More Mr Nice Guy" by Robert Glover

There is SO MUCH dating material available online. Dig around and try various sources until you find what resonates with you. People require different teachers and styles, depending on their goals.

If you want the most direct and hard dating advice, RSD is the best. If you want to sleep with the most and hottest women possible, RSD is the way. But for some guys that may be too hardcore.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:40 AM, ginger28 said:

I cant watch orange puas like RSD, cuz they disgust me,

It is possible to take their core techniques and leave behind everything else.

That's basically what I did. Their core techniques are SOLID and they will get you laid. As for their juvenile ways and ideology, that you can just ignore.

It's a good skill to learn to be able to cherrypick teachings, taking only those parts which you want.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Rasheed  

may i suggest this?

https://www.youtube.com/user/LilTravelBum

though his content is not as extensive as RSD, there is lots of valuable wisdom in this. he once said the perfect client would be someone who through a regular PuA school and needs something more authentic, and deeper - not based in manipulation and grounded in yourself 

it's a very high conscious approach to dating (from my current PoV), he calls it non-dual teachings applied to dating 

but yeah don't let me bias your view, just check for yourself and see how you like it

he has a lot of clickbait btw, with the hot girls and titles, but his videos are usually deeper

also this channel has a lot of practical information. covers deep healing, inner child work, relating authentically: 

Edited by Jacob Morres

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is possible to purely take their core techniques and leave behind everything else.

That's basically what I did. Their core techniques are SOLID and they will get you laid. As for their juvenile ways and ideology, that you can just ignore.

that's inspiring i didn't know you could do that

RSD basically deleted their explicit pickup material. They still have plenty of material now around being charismatic etc and their information is still geared towards improving with women but it's much more cryptic now they don't explicitly say it

On 30/06/2020 at 5:40 PM, universe said:

Look out for people who sell you "techniques" or "tricks" to get girls.

That doesnt work. Instead find channels that teach you practices and help you to turn inwards to do the juicy inner work.

Here is a good start https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFearlessManTV

I would be skeptical of any Dating coach selling anything. Agreed. There's a lot of gorilla's aping nonsensical crap on YouTube and of course no receipts. The ones I find hilarious are married. It cracks me up hearing about the characters who before aol messenger and MySpace were married but they think they have a idea of what the tinder and ig world is like. Too much laughs my tummy cannot handle anymore. 

52 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

RSD basically deleted their explicit pickup material. They still have plenty of material now around being charismatic etc and their information is still geared towards improving with women but it's much more cryptic now they don't explicitly say it

Reddit archive ftw. YouTube is banning everyone. Molyneux got nuked. 

On 02/07/2020 at 2:50 PM, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Consilience If he's helpful for you, so be it man. But some of his concepts are just complete bollocks if I'm honest, like waiting a week to text a girl after you see her....wtf? 

Depends what you class as success, do these people have actual objective results? I'm not meaning to be blunt, there's just a lot of charlatans in the industry, who exploit men who know no better, like RSD, guys pay $1000s for their bootcamps and come back knowing next to nothing new. 

Again, I'm not shitting on Corey Wayne, I just know there's better out there IMO, that can help people get results faster, that's all. And, by results I just mean helping that particular client achieve whatever their dating goals are, after all isn't that what dating coaches are supposed to do? 

I also am not against paying for something that is worth it, I would pretty much agree with the top 2 reviews on Corey's book- 

https://www.amazon.com/Winning-Heart-Woman-Dreams-ebook/dp/B004QOBAPK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&n=133140011&s=digital-text&linkCode=sl1&tag=understand0d4-20&linkId=06a738ae4c0a2cecf86a56101c256ead#customerReviews

I'm glad he helped you, all I'm saying is there is likely better coaches out there, but my opinion means fuck all at the end of the day!

@electroBeam I was talking about a teachers own results, I think in fields like this, if you're going to teach dating, you need to know what you're talking about. Just like I wouldn't listen to a fat Personal Trainer, I'm not going to listen to 'Dating Coaches' who haven't had any success themselves. 

I get what you mean, like Michael Jordan isn't necessarily gonna be the best coach, but you judge a coach by their student / teams results right? Like in football, Liverpool's manager Jurgen Klopp is judged by how Liverpool perform, and there are objective measures for that. 

The issue I have with a lot of the PUA industry is they string guys along. I heard a story of Todd V's students of 9 months who hadn't slept with a single girl in that time frame, yet Todd said he 'was making progress' to me that's just bollocks. To be clear, I'm not saying it's all about laycount or whatever, but surely after almost a year you'd hope to have some objective results in your own dating life, whatever that means for you. 

Yeah, I'd agree to an extent, true PU is more about becoming the best man you can be and being authentically yourself. It should be seen as a means of becoming your best self, not as a means to manipulate as many women into bed with you, you think Leonardo DiCaprio needs to manipulate Women> lol. 

Of course there's technical aspects and foundational stuff to learn, and key tweaks like with anything, but I agree, it's like Self-Help in the respect you should consume material and then act on it, not just constantly consume. Reading about lifting weights isn't gonna get you jacked. 

Not quite.

Rsd is market leader. Is or was? Do you have any idea how incompetent men are with women? Guy never chats up girls but will preach. Reliant on tinder. Terrified otherwise. Its similar with Internet tough guys. 

Have you been to Vegas? It's like the pickup stomping yard. The volume of tourists is a thing of beauty. My understanding, pickup is dead and rsd moved on no? 

If you go to Vegas and chat up girls, you will hookup. Pending looks and competence, results will vary. I don't know how anybody could go to XS and not hump after is beyond me. 

Game is work man. Its like a full time job to keep roster and even then, shit happens. Her ex comes back, finds what she thinks is a better option (hotter, taller, status, bigger D), and elements of randomness like global pandemic. I have one girl who is still around since before pandemic. I have lost count of alternative girls who i either next or they dropped off. Such is life. 

Pandemic or not, girls come if they really want to see you bad enough. The alter being, she wants a pen pal. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There is SO MUCH dating material available online. Dig around and try various sources until you find what resonates with you. People require different teachers and styles, depending on their goals.

If you want the most direct and hard dating advice, RSD is the best. If you want to sleep with the most and hottest women possible, RSD is the way. But for some guys that may be too hardcore.

I saw the media scandal. Imagine being a lad at the event and then see yourself live on YouTube as the media scandal goes like wild fire. I would hate to be that guy haha. 

Edited by Onemanwolfpac

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It is possible to take their core techniques and leave behind everything else.

It's a good skill to learn to be able to cherrypick teachings, taking only those parts which you want.

But what core techniques? I see some good shit in RSD that has helped me but most of it is a numbers game revolved "just have fun, be alpha, be an approach machine" which is too vague, and in my experience more effective on US women, and very less on Europeans.

Most of what they teach is based around doing so much approaches that of course you'll get laid, but there is not much skill or deep inner work involved.

What do you think that is valuable to take from them? The answer would be very appreciated.

Edited by docs20