Michael569

Career in Environment & Sustainability question

2 posts in this topic

My girlfriend is in her final year to get masters in Environmental Protection & Sustainability in UK. It is her great passion and I am proud of her for following that however she is not clear on how to transition next. Ideally, she would like to have something of her own but is not sure how to get around having experience in this industry. 

Does anyone have any work experience or any useful resources for people who have careers in this area? Or maybe some sort of coaching programme in the industry. 

I am not really sure what I am looking for so just stabbing in dark here. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I would imagine as more things start to transition into stage green, then there would start to need more need for a consultant. Someone who could come into a business to help guide and train it towards transition to a better environmental impact. Not going to happen over night, but eventually customers will demand it. 

For example if they were to go into a super market and go through all of the products overusing and using plastics. The makers of the products want to stay on the shelves and will make changes to stay there. So the store could consult with someone who could help bring in solutions and maybe work with the companies on what types of packaging would be a better option and not only that, but gearing the store into more eco friendly options. 

I have no experience with it, but this is what comes to mind for me. You could apply this same scenario to all sorts of industries and not just the super market. There is a massive amount of businesses that could use the help in the right direction.