Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JosephKnecht

Knowledge vs Experience

2 posts in this topic

I was pondering the difference between knowledge and experience. Which one do you think is the more valuable one?

Is it knowledge? Are you willing to surrender all experience to become a monk, secluded from society so that you can obtain the knowledge of the Gods?

Is it experience? All you willing to surrender all knowledge and throw yourself into reality in hopes that reality will teach you what the Gods wished to experience? 

Is there value to knowledge never applied? 

Is there value in an experience never acknowledged?

I used to believe that only knowledge could save the world. I believed that if I have read enough books, learned about the self, I would understand the true nature of reality. But now that I have the knowledge, I understand how hollow it is without the magic of experience. You never truly know everything until you experience it. And experience doesn't come from books or lectures. Experience only comes from experiences.

Your Move Chief!

8 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

Which one do you think is the more valuable one?

Both equally valuable. Interdependent as well. Experience is right here, right now. But would you know it without knowledge?

Knowledge is everywhere around you, but would you learn it without experiencing it?

You need experience in order to gain knowledge and knowledge in order to interpret experience.

Chicken and egg. Strange loop. Good night.