JayG84

Is Time Fundamental?

69 posts in this topic

Just now, Johnny5 said:

So what you're saying is that consciousness is everything and everything is consciousness...

Yep! 

1 minute ago, Johnny5 said:

So what you're saying is that consciousness is everything and everything is consciousness...

Yes. But Time is a very important aspect of Consciousness like Intelligence, Love, Awareness. But ultimately they all are the same thing. Everythingness.

6 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Yes. But Time is a very important aspect of Consciousness like Intelligence, Love, Awareness. But ultimately they all are the same thing. Everythingness.

Exactly 

5 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

How is time different from, say, space, in this regard? Is space important too?

How many dimensions of it are important?

Important how?

Just like how Consciousness is Time itself (thereby not being contained within time) Consciousness is also Space itself. Therefore, Consciousness isn’t held within space because Space itself isn’t held within space. Hopefully that doesn’t sound confusing Lol

How is time different from, say, space, in this regard?

That depends on what your definition of Space is. If you're thinking of Space as the Relative Spacetime Continuum, that is part of the story of You.

And Time on that level is also part of the story. And in that way, it's an illusion. And both of these are relatively not important.

17 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

Just like how Consciousness is Time itself (thereby not being contained within time) Consciousness is also Space itself. Therefore, Consciousness isn’t held within space because Space itself isn’t held within space. Hopefully that doesn’t sound confusing Lol

So pretty much you're saying Everything = Consciousness, and Consciousness = Everything. So dismissing Time and Space as illusory isn't giving it the respect it deserves? Would you say that everything is essentially "fundamental" because to exclude anything would cease to be infinite? So there is no hierarchy of importance to anything? Not Intelligence or Love or Time or Space? Do you disagree with the notion of "Fundamental aspects of consciousness" in general as Leo talks about? 

I question this often. Something about placing importance on something doesn't feel right to me. 

Edited by JayG84

4 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

What if time and space could vanish without a trace and consciousness remained?

If Time vanished how could anything remain? What would that be? Without the mechanism of change, nothing can exist. 

You seem awfully certain of that.

Well it's like saying "What if Consciousness vanished?" Where would it go. There's nothing outside Consciousness.

16 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

What if time and space could vanish without a trace and consciousness remained?

How are time or space any more significant than the turd I just flushed down the toilet?

Haha the turd you just flushed is held within consciousness. It’s also held within time and space. 

13 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

So pretty much you're saying Everything = Consciousness, and Consciousness = Everything. So dismissing Time and Space as illusory isn't giving it the respect it deserves. Would you say that everything is essentially "fundamental" because to exclude anything would cease to be infinite? So there is no hierarchy of importance to anything? Not Intelligence or Love or Time or Space? Do you disagree with the notion of "Fundamental aspects" in general as Leo talks about? 

I think most people think of consciousness as being outside of time and space. What I’m saying is that consciousness is Time and Space. It’s neither inside nor outside them. It’s them.

So just like how Time itself is timeless and Space itself isn’t contained within space, Consciousness isn’t within time or space either because it’s those things themselves 

So yeah, I’d say there’s fundamental aspects that allow it to be infinite rather than limiting it. 

Edited by Synchronicity

2 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Well it's like saying "What if Consciousness vanished?" Where would it go. There's nothing outside Consciousness.

^^^

Oh okay so you're saying time and space are the foundational turtles for all the other cute little turtles to play upon.

Haha yeah that’s a way to put it. Have you ever heard the phrase “turtles all the way down”?
Well picture an infinite stack of turtles that goes on endlessly with no top or bottom. Each object (including your turd Lol) is just one of those turtles. Whereas Consciousness, Time, and Space are the full endless stack. They go on infinitely just like the stack. 

5 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

So just like how Time itself is timeless and Space itself isn’t contained within space, Consciousness isn’t within time or space either because it’s those things themselves 

So yeah, I’d say there’s fundamental aspects that allow it to be infinite rather than limiting it. 

Right. I see that. 

Are there any other things in your experience that share the same quality as the infinite nature of Consciousness? So far I can see Consciousness = Awareness = Intelligence = Love = Time = Space. These can all be cassified as fundamental?

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

Infinite Consciousness = Mind.

In what could be called “the state of no-mind”, there’s still what is being called “consciousness”, wether in regard to “infinite mind” or “finite mind”. 

20 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Everything = Consciousness, and Consciousness = Everything.

That’s half ‘true’ and half ‘false’. 

15 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Without the mechanism of change, nothing can exist. 

42 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

There is no “mechanism of change” sans the implication of a thought. Nothing is existence. Time is “your” thought that there is “time”, and nothing more. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

10 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Right. I see that. 

Are there any other things in your experience that share the same quality as the infinite nature of Consciousness? So far I can see Consciousness = Awareness = Intelligence = Love = Time = Space. These can all be cassified as fundamental?

Another good one to add is Thingness 

Consciousness isn’t any one particular thing but it’s all things making it the essence of Thingness itself 

4 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Well what if all things could vanish without a trace while consciousness remained, loool....

Yeah just putting it out there. Damn.... xD

Except Voids are still things and vanishing is still a thing? Haha

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

In what could be called “the state of no-mind”, there’s still what is being called “consciousness”, wether in regard to “infinite mind” or “finite mind”.

So you're saying that Consciousness is greater than Infinite Mind? ?

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:
35 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Everything = Consciousness, and Consciousness = Everything.

That’s half ‘true’ and half ‘false’. 

Could you elaborate please? ?

7 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

Another good one to add is Thingness

? I would guess that you would put Logic in there too from what I've seen in your videos?

5 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Well what if all things could vanish without a trace while consciousness remained, loool....

Yeah just putting it out there. Damn.... xD

Well that's sort of what I just asked @Nahm 

6 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

You seem awfully certain of that...

I’m experiencing infinity 24/7. So yeah, I’m more certain of it than I am of my own thoughts ?

Edited by Synchronicity

11 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

So you're saying that Consciousness is greater than Infinite Mind? ?

Are ‘you conscious of’ thoughts?....

giphy.gif

Now try and think consciousness....

giphy.gif

Doesn’t appear to work that way.

Could you elaborate please? ?

“Everything” is like time, in that the actuality of it is that it is ‘your’ thought. 

giphy.gif

Side note...”Bert” means “bright”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

“Everything” is like time, in that the actuality of it is that it is ‘your’ thought. 

When I write Everything = Consciousness and Consciousness = Infinite Mind. I'm including my thoughts about it too. Everything means Everything and Anything. I'm not excluding Anything. And when I say Infinite Mind I mean Mind = Intelligence = Everything that Is = Constant Change and Impermanence = Time. Literally anything that could be.

Is that not a wide enough perspective?

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Up to you.

I see what you did there ?