JayG84

Is Time Fundamental?

69 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

As Homer would say..Doh! Skype-emoticons-20-doh.gif

?No worries. Your insights were still great. Just contextualizing them to the question 

10 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

?No worries. Your insights were still great. Just contextualizing them to the question 

Greatly appreciated.Thank you. ??

Could someone post the name of the video and channel so I could look it up? The link is null for me. :/

Theoretically, there are an infinite number of universes where this one right here is the universe that you're creating right now. For time to be fundamental, it should be already "set in stone" which is not the case because there's no such thing as universal/absolute objective reality. Space is more like a clay being molded by you and each variation looks like movement. But here comes the mindfuck: the spacetime is you - not this body, not this moment but everything that was, is and will ever be!

Edited by Member

This is what I have in my notes on time: 

Time is the experience we are having when different parallel universes get shown to us in a linear fashion. Creating the illusion of time. Similar to film.

If you wish to experience change or a different kind of reality, all you have to do is shift to a different parallel reality that already exists simultaneously with this one, just like changing the channels.

Cosciousnessness is basically the person watching TV, not an actor in the TV. (The person and the TV are ultimately one ofc)

Time allows us to experience limitations, it allows us to experience reconnecting with the absolute. With this "mechanism" in place, a conscious being can experience itself in different states.

"Time must exist for existence itself to happen." I disagree with that. Existence always happens, never didn't happen.

Edited by Godhead

4 hours ago, Godhead said:

This is what I have in my notes on time: 

Time is the experience we are having when different parallel universes get shown to us in a linear fashion. Creating the illusion of time. Similar to film.

If you wish to experience change or a different kind of reality, all you have to do is shift to a different parallel reality that already exists simultaneously with this one, just like changing the channels.

Cosciousnessness is basically the person watching TV, not an actor in the TV. (The person and the TV are ultimately one ofc)

Time allows us to experience limitations, it allows us to experience reconnecting with the absolute. With this "mechanism" in place, a conscious being can experience itself in different states.

"Time must exist for existence itself to happen." I disagree with that. Existence always happens, never didn't happen.

Great post. A lot of my understanding is similar to yours with just a few perspective shifts.

Time is the experience we are having when different parallel universes get shown to us in a linear fashion. Creating the illusion of time. Similar to film. If you wish to experience change or a different kind of reality, all you have to do is shift to a different parallel reality that already exists simultaneously with this one, just like changing the channels.

In this TV analogy, Consciousness is everything right? The TV watcher (awareness), The TV (the Universe), The Character (Maya), The story (Reality), etc.

I think what people think I'm pointing to is the framerate in the story, which I agree, is diffinitely an illusion to the character. But there is still a fundamental nature of the act of "changing the channels". Conciousness is infinite, without a doubt. I'm not saying this is happening within reality. I'm asking what is this "mechanism" of a "remote control" that awareness is using to shift to parallel realities. In this way I say that Time (The Shifting) is fundamental to Consciousness itself. I'm pointing to what the mechanism is rather than what it does.

I agree that Existance always happens, and it's eternal. But without this fundamental "mechanism" to "flip the pages", everything would be static, everything would be stuck in one frame, an ethernal intant. So where does this "channel changing" take place? Because the character in the story doesn't have the remote.  

9 hours ago, peachboy said:

Could someone post the name of the video and channel so I could look it up? The link is null for me. :/

I can't find it anymore.

@Synchronicity I've posted 2 videos on this forum and they've both vanished from your youtube page. Not sure what's going on here? 

Just now, JayG84 said:

I can't find it anymore.

@Synchronicity I've posted 2 videos on this forum and they've both vanished from your youtube page. Not sure what's going on here? 

Perhaps he has had second thoughts on what he said on those vids. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

9 minutes ago, Ananta said:

3 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Could be! :D

I don't think this is the case. He's not saying anything contradictory to truth or controversial. Just a technical issue I would think. 

17 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

I'm asking what is this "mechanism" of a "remote control" that awareness is using to shift to parallel realities.

I guess you could say it's your intention, your 'will', your desire, your 'vibrational frequency' that the universe is trying to reflect. Have you heard the saying 'What you put out is what you get back'? I have the feeling that there is a mechanism in the universe that is trying to reflect you. So if you change your inside, you will change your outside. You will 'shift' to a reality more in alignment with you.

Don't take my word for it tho.

Edited by Godhead

1 minute ago, Godhead said:

I have the feeling that there is a mechanism in the universe that is trying to reflect you.

Exactly. There is a feeling of an unexplained mechanism. I'm trying to find out at what point this mechanism occurs. Because it seems to be just as infinite as consciousness itself. The point of infinite possibilities itself.

4 minutes ago, Godhead said:

Don't take my word for it tho.

I appreciate your take. ? 

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

1 hour ago, Ananta said:

1 hour ago, Johnny5 said:

Could be! :D

I’ve noticed that’s been happening. YouTube changes the status of my videos sometimes when shared through certain platforms. I’ve been checking if there’s a setting in my Creator Studio that could be doing this. 

Also, @Johnny5 why were you so excited? Lol

Just now, Johnny5 said:

I'm prone to false hope ;)

It's a current theme...

Lol Gotcha. Hope for what? You didn’t agree with the video and wanted me to change? 

2 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

That's not how I'd phrase it, in any case.

Understood. But if there’s something you think I need to hear or be critiqued on, I’m always open for discussion 

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

In this TV analogy, Consciousness is everything right? The TV watcher (awareness), The TV (the Universe), The Character (Maya), The story (Reality), etc.

The TV screen and the movie (Maya, or the universe, or reality etc.) are the same.

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

I think what people think I'm pointing to is the framerate in the story, which I agree, is diffinitely an illusion to the character. But there is still a fundamental nature of the act of "changing the channels". Conciousness is infinite, without a doubt. I'm not saying this is happening within reality. I'm asking what is this "mechanism" of a "remote control" that awareness is using to shift to parallel realities. In this way I say that Time (The Shifting) is fundamental to Consciousness itself. I'm pointing to what the mechanism is rather than what it does.

Infinite consciousness is not happening outside of your reality, it actually happens within because YOU ARE infinite consciousness, not just a tiny pixel on the reality screen. The mechanism is your mind, the remote control is your body and awareness is energy. You literally travel through spacetime with your own mind/body/life force or energy.

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

I agree that Existance always happens, and it's eternal. But without this fundamental "mechanism" to "flip the pages", everything would be static, everything would be stuck in one frame, an ethernal intant. So where does this "channel changing" take place? Because the character in the story doesn't have the remote.

Everything would be nothing, frame makes no sense when there's no change. Time is change, not motion. The channel changing takes place in your mind where the story is.

40 minutes ago, Member said:

The TV screen and the movie (Maya, or the universe, or reality etc.) are the same.

This is what I was implying. They are all One.

Infinite consciousness is not happening outside of your reality, it actually happens within because YOU ARE infinite consciousness, not just a tiny pixel on the reality screen.

I didn't say that I was the character or the story. 

The mechanism is your mind

Infinite Consciousness = Mind. Therefore, The Mechanism = Infinite Consciousness, or an aspect of. Just like Intelligence = Mind = Consciousness = Mechanism.

the remote control is your body and awareness is energy

How does your "body" change your reality? What is this "energy" you refer to?

You literally travel through spacetime with your own mind/body/life force or energy.

What is "spacetime" besides the scientific definition we've been told? Are you talking relatively? Are you saying that Mind/Body/Energy/Awareness is all consciousness, because I agree with you on that point. But I'm not saying that Conciousness controls Time. I'm questioning if Time and Consciousness are the same. Which is what you are saying I think...lol  

Everything would be nothing, frame makes no sense when there's no change. Time is change, not motion. The channel changing takes place in your mind where the story is.

Right. Everything would be nothing. No Change. 0. Time is change yes. I say Time is fundamental because for there to be anything, change has to be right there with what's changing. Everything. Infinity. 

Change is the Mechanism.

Edited by JayG84

@JayG84 When you say they are all One, yes.

Consciousness is Time itself or Change itself which is why Consciousness isn’t contained within Time. It is Time and Time isn’t within itself. In other words, Consciousness becomes timeless (like everyone here is saying) by being Time itself! Time itself is timeless 

Edited by Synchronicity

2 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

Consciousness is Time itself or Change itself

Right. Time = Change = Anything = Consciousness = Everything.