Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nick_98

Is trying to reach enlightenment unnatural ?

6 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this not from a while to be honest, not like I contemplated it deeply or anything.. I just wanted to share my thoughts..I just classified everything in life into two parts.. Things you can control .. and Things you can't control..I also give the latter a name..which is  " Natural".. , I thought about myself as a kid, when I was just 3 years old.. and how it happens that I was seeing things for the first time in my life.. I tried to remember what was my mind doing back then ?.. and I actually remembered.. IT was trying to make sense out of everything that it perceives .. no matter if its right or wrong.. it just tried to make sense of what I'm perceiving.. and it kept going forever..including this moment that I'm using to still try to give a meaning to life.. So my take was.. there are somethings in life that we can't control , which i called it "natural".. things like desire to have sex-food-thinking..etc.... It made sense to me that if you try to control the natural that will lead you to having a difficult time walking through live.. Like imagine if you chose to abstain from sex for example.. Because certainly you can live without sex right.. Won't that be difficult for you..? , I mean you could adapt to it.. but if you had to choose between abstaining from it or just living with it..you'll choose to not abstain I suppose..the pleasure of having sex is so coherent with your nature.. 

After that I thought about Leo .. with all his self inquiry stuff , and how cool he is.. :D:D, I just think his teaching is working against nature.. pay attention there please..

What are you doing when you are trying to reach enlightenment ?

Everyone has an answer.. but for me personally.. you're trying to unwind your mind from all the programming that has been done since you were 3 years old , since you were trying to make meaning out of the stuff you perceiving..

Well , that is cool... After answering that.. Do you think you should try to reach enlightenment ?

Again, everyone has an answer.. But i think when I was a kid I had no control over my life, meaning I had no choice to do anything except for existing.. for me its the purest form of nature.. a mind trying to make sense out of everything its perceiving .. no one had controlled this mind to go a certain route.. i had no will back then.. I had no choice in my life to tell it stop thinking and be present.. I didn't have the awareness I have right now... I shouldn't chase enlightenment its just " against nature".. it's what it is .. your mind will always try to make sense out of everything.. so What's the point from fighting back and getting to the direct experience..?   my take is you're fighting against nature.. 

I know it's superficial thinking in someway.. I haven't digged deeper or again.. didn't contemplate deeper.. But how would you answer this question, and what's your take on that..?

Edited by Nick_98

It calls evolution. Everything that is in life is part of nature.
Lol I had the same thought before. I believe it’s the ego(“old patterns”) trying to keep up from changing. 

2 hours ago, Nick_98 said:

my take is you're fighting against nature..

view it as a surrender to nature. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

5 hours ago, Nick_98 said:

What are you doing when you are trying to reach enlightenment ?

It's bullshit stop doing this. It's like this: when you're 64 years 3 months and two days old, how will it be? Who knows? But it will come soon enough. Until then enjoy being un-enlightened.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

Evryone is unconsciously or consciously trying to achieve enlightenment. All the people wants the same thing, but lots of one goes by instalments 

It cannot be reached, that task will never end. It can only be discovered.

You are already enlightened, you are just not Aware enough.