Scholar

Dark-Theme for the Forum?

15 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the right category to post this in but I couldn't find anyone that fit. Is there a dark theme for the forum, because the white background is really bright especially at night. It attracts all the little critters to the screen.

Glory to Israel

1 minute ago, Scholar said:

It attracts all the little critters to the screen.

Hey! Don't call our members critters ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Your mind is imagining reality on the flies.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Yes please continue my late night addiction.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

"Hey cool, a lighthearted thread that hasn't been locked yet. I might check this out"
"Let's see here..."
"I'm perfectly happy to have insects in my house and make no effort to get rid of them. They do seem to be crawling on my screen though. I know, I'll ask the webpage owners to change their webpage..."
"Damn that person's lazy. And kind of gross to allow insects in their home"
"Wait a minute, I have insects in my home too. Aren't I being really  judgemental? After all, what if they have an illness that makes it hard to clean their place, or live in another country, or they're at a higher level of development than me and they don't go around murdering every insect they find. Also, maybe other people have this problem too and they're being a considerate member of their community by sharing a useful suggestion".
"I wonder how guilty I should feel for judging this person"
"Go easy on yourself, Dan. Remember, the survival drive is insanely strong and pretty much everything we do comes from that"
"I bet someone on the forum says something about me needing to realise that I *am* the other person, or that I'm God or whatever. Typical"
"I wanted to ask whether the universe could suddenly turn into a piece of cheese but wasn't sure if it was a good enough question"
"I'm hungry" 

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

The critters are a sign that you should spend less time getting distracted on this forum (defo applies to some incl me sometimes)

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

lmaoo ffs

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Being on the computer at night is especially bad for you, ESPECIALLY if you don't some proper blue light app or protection, it will mess up your circadian rhythm and delay melatonin production which is a crucial sleep hormone. 

Just wanted to throw that out there :)

Just download the "dark reader" addon on chrome and it will blunt some of that bright white

EDIT: dark reader actually allows you to turn this forum completely dark with only white text so there you go :)

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

9 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Just download the "dark reader" addon on chrome and it will blunt some of that bright white

EDIT: dark reader actually allows you to turn this forum completely dark with only white text so there you go :)

Thanks it works.

Glory to Israel

Dark-reader works great, been using it for everything for years, there are other dark-mode extensions, but this one just works the best. Remember, you can use alt+shift+d, to toggle switch it off/on in case some sites are broken, or you can use the whitelist option.

This is a sample of how it looks:
http://prntscr.com/t7ryz3

You can also try and use f.lux to cut out all the blue light your screen is emitting. (it makes the screen redish or yellowish).

It will reduce eye strain and help your body with maintaining healthy melatonin levels, thus improving sleep and various other stuff.
I have mine set at 3000 degrees, its almost like a cave fire.

https://justgetflux.com/

Edited by Yog

17 hours ago, IJB063 said:

@Scholar

fragile little eyes can’t handle the white screen

Oh man....... genius, this could actually work.

Protocol: Convince the left - White UI = White Supremacy
Engage.