Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TravisB

Over Empathy

1 post in this topic

I've been following Actualized.org for almost 4 years now.  I consider myself blessed to have found this content.  I used to suffer from suicidal depression/anxiety.  On the brink of giving up, I discovered Leo's video on how to solve any problem using awareness (Awareness is Curative). 

Something very deep within me clicked.  Something about the way Leo communicated this video inspired me that I could heal.  That inspiration set me on my spiritual path.  When I look back at what I was, compared to who I am now, it brings tears to my eyes because I am so grateful.

My father is not as lucky as me.  He suffers from mental illness and has his whole life.  Thus far on my path I have been able to dissolve my fears through raising my consciousness.  But watching my father suffer feels different.  I can't make him do what he needs to do to heal.  I've tried to get him on a meditation practice, but he's not having the same epiphany of inspiration that I had.  It seems like I am the only one in my family that truly feels his pain because only I've been that low before. 

Has anyone struggled with a similar issue? How can I reconcile my father's pain?

God bless.