Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Keep in mind that there can be healthy ways to express Red animalistic impulses in harmless ways. For example, playing a violent video game could a healthy way for kids to experience their Red shadow without hurting anyone and ultimately outgrowing the desire for violence. This, as opposed to kids who start fist-fights at school.

I remember back in 5-7th grade, there had developed this weird culture among the guys where we would get up from behind somebody's back without them suspecting it, and then try to pin them to the ground as fast and violently as possible. 

It was essentially a normal way that the guys would greet eachother, and it was just really exciting and typical adrenaline-filled guy-on-guy behavior (that came out wrong xD).

It had gotten so bad infact that one time when my girlfriend tried to jump up on my back without me suspecting it, I immediately threw her to the ground as a reflexive response, and that was so damn awkward lol. I did it so fast, she didn't even know what happened (;)).

Everybody was in on it, and we didn't really get hurt. However, it had to come to an end. I believe it went on for a solid two years until one time it happened in front of one of the cool teachers (who had also gotten used to it), and then he said in a begrudging tone: "OK guys, I think it's time you stop doing that, don't you think?" ...and that was all it took for us to go from red to blue :).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 8/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, coca said:

the guy in your vid I think was shot to death and the woman in this is now in prison for murder 

3 hours ago, Matt23 said:

@Leo Gura What about when he shot that alien dude in the bar?

I was making a Star Wars joke.

He seems very action-oriented to me and like he's able to utilize Red aspects to get out of trouble, and use his courage, warrior spirit, and audacity; like he did in this video with Jabba.. Jabba had him surrounded but he acted so cool and like he didn't care at all.  Like fighting, escaping and out-flying others.   It's like that Indiana Jones type of adventurous warrior spirit... lots of action, daring, fighting, etc.  Not too well thought out...  Would you not say those are healthy aspects of Red being put to use?   

Han has some Red, but I'd say his center of gravity is more Orange.

In the first Star Wars movie Han's entire character arc was about him going from Orange to Green. He was this selfish, independent jackass who was too self-centered to join the rebels, and at the last second he changes his mind and flys in to save Luke from Vader's tie-fighter, enabling Luke to make his shot and destroy the Death Star.

So, basically, Han Solo's story is that of a selfish jackass who had a change of heart and became an SJW.

Star Wars: Rise of The SJW ;)

It's amazing how conservatives can love Star Wars and yet not get that the entire movie is about being a SJW.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Magical Purple spirits of nature become powerful Red gods with human foibles; they are spiteful, demanding and jealous. Red Aztec Gods:

Toetl Aztec Gods.jpg

On 8/31/2020 at 10:33 PM, Carl-Richard said:

I remember back in 5-7th grade, there had developed this weird culture among the guys where we would get up from behind somebody's back without them suspecting it, and then try to pin them to the ground as fast and violently as possible. 

It was essentially a normal way that the guys would greet eachother, and it was just really exciting and typical adrenaline-filled guy-on-guy behavior (that came out wrong xD).

lmaooo, I'm jealous. I weirdly wish I had experienced being a boy and things like this? hahaha

It had gotten so bad infact that one time when my girlfriend tried to jump up on my back without me suspecting it, I immediately threw her to the ground as a reflexive response, and that was so damn awkward lol. I did it so fast, she didn't even know what happened (;)).

LOOOL

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Stage Red is sometime seen in childhood books and videos, which can influence the development of a child's self identity. As a child, I felt strongly connected to the Green TinMan and Scarecrow. The Red wicked witch and her flying monkeys terrified me and gave me nightmares. The evil wicked witch was contrasted with the Good Witch of the North, introducing a binary blue Good vs Evil. 

A grandiose depiction of Red Emperor Cortes conquering and indigenous tribe:

Cortes_Assault_1200x480.jpg 

The Ghost of Christmas Past | Aqua Teen Hunger Force | Adult Swim

also, i think that slapstick comedy is red humor

7 hours ago, Forestluv said:

A grandiose depiction of Red Emperor Cortes conquering and indigenous tribe:

Cortes_Assault_1200x480.jpg 

Lots of Blue in the Conquistadors as well. Early stage Blue people love to go crusading to convert the heathens.

A new aquaintence of mine shared his enthusiasm with me regarding the band Pantera. I brought up this video today and the idea of SD level Red came to mind.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot Bro check out the ozzfest perfomance in 2000. I posted it here earlier. It's arguably the most refined example of Red energy out there :D

It's at the peak of Phil's heroin addiction and he is treating his voice like a piece of toilet paper xD

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Husseinisdoingfine

3 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Why is red so attractive and alluring?

Vote: Which stage Red speech do you like best?

Hitler is way more energetic and articulated, it's understandable why so many fell for him.

salieri.jpg 

Antonio Salieri from Amadeus is quite red. I just watched the directors cut of this movie and it is so good. He is so jealous that he conspires against Mozart even though his own musical awareness is high enough to greatly admire and covet Mozart making him Mozart's biggest fan. When he is writing Mozart's you can tell it is the most engaging and wow'd he has ever been regarding his musical passion. 

16 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Why is red so attractive and alluring?

Vote: Which stage Red speech do you like best?

@Husseinisdoingfine The fabulous Hitler, of course 

@K Ghoul You have a fascination with dangerous men, I see ;)

1 hour ago, K Ghoul said:

@Carl-Richard Lol that’s true, I guess I just can’t help myself. However, in practice, it’s Hitler who would be in jeopardy, not me, if our paths ever crossed.

:oxD