Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm not trying to sound like an absolutist here, but don't you think there are more decent ways of handling that situation other than ritualistic torture? I was just pointing out how he, like many other people in that community, inhabit more red qualities than most people (nothing more, nothing less). Breaking the law in itself is most often red, but glorified violence is probably THE hallmark of red.

@Carl-Richard Gaahl abhors violence. It was unfortunate that he had to resort to such measures but some people are being so misguided that someone has to throw a hammer in their face, so to speak, in order to wake them up out of their unconscious ways of being. 

7 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

@Carl-Richard Gaahl abhors violence. It was unfortunate that he had to resort to such measures but some people are being so misguided that someone has to throw a hammer in their face, so to speak, in order to wake them up out of their unconscious ways of being. 

Actions speak louder than words.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The parts in this video where Greene discusses relevant parts of the philosophy of Machiavelli are what's pertinent to this thread. Prime examples of how Machiavelli and many other Red leaders are not all bloodthirsty, tyranical and egotistical. Some of them have DEEP understandings of certain aspects of reality at a pretty big picture level. If you can tease out that stuff from the quote unquote negative side of Red.....man. There's a reason why Leo's read books on Hitler, stalin and Saddam.

20 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Carl-Richard And not upholding your own values/principles is committing violence/crime against oneself, the lesser of two evils principles comes to mind. And given that he was never the initiator, he literally did nothing wrong. 

22 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Carl-Richard

I’ll add this: Gaahl could have just thrown that guy in jail for trespassing with harassment, case closed. He instead chose to turn that situation into an experience that could potentially influence that person and help him become a better human being. So he extended himself and did that, and all he gets is him being portrayed as some immoral, violence glorifying villain? This is so outrageous. 

What a disgrace this world has become.

37 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

@Carl-Richard

I’ll add this: Gaahl could have just thrown that guy in jail for trespassing with harassment, case closed. He instead chose to turn that situation into an experience that could potentially influence that person and help him become a better human being. So he extended himself and did that, and all he gets is him being portrayed as some immoral, violence glorifying villain? This is so outrageous. 

What a disgrace this world has become.

Man I'm so done arguing against glorification of stage red.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's probably all just an act, a sort of artistic portrayal of stage Red. I don't want to be too judgemental (not claiming that you are, I can see where you're coming from). I'll admit I wasn't aware of that incident with Gaahl, holy shit. But who knows what really went down that night.

Release me.

24 minutes ago, John Doe said:

But who knows what really went down that night.

He went to jail for 14 months after all.

56 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

He went to jail for 14 months after all.

@Carl-Richard would have gone for 18 if the lawyer didn’t work out the deal to instead increase to amount he’d have to pay the victim, so they severity is equivalent to 18 months. 

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I must have missed the entire point. I thought the argument was about righteousness, not glorification.

Edited by K Ghoul
Clarification

10 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

@Carl-Richard 18

I must have missed the entire point. I thought the argument was about righteousness, not glorification.

Ritualistic torture is glorification of violence. Perceiving torture as righteousness only happens in places like Saudi Arabia and Guantanamo Bay. Not something to look up to.

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Ritualistic torture is glorification of violence. Perceiving torture as rightousness only happens in places like Saudi Arabia and Guantanamo Bay. Not something to look up to.

@Carl-Richard Please try staying within the subject of this argument and not take things out of context - this isn’t about whether ritualistic torture is righteous or not, the argument is about whether the fact that he engaged in that activity was the right thing to do, or not. 

15 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

@Carl-Richard Please try staying within the subject of this argument and not take things out of context - this isn’t about whether ritualistic torture is righteous or not, the argument is about whether the fact that he engaged in that activity was the right thing to do, or not. 

I'm done here.

Red/Orange attracts Red/Orange.

UFC boss supports Trump. Surprise, surprise.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Sam Barker said:

If music can be classed as stage red/low consciousness for having harsh sounds, couldn't psychedelic drugs also be classed as stage red for having harsh visuals? They're both senses after all. 

Apples and oranges.

1 hour ago, Sam Barker said:

@Carl-Richard I just don't agree with the argument that harsh sounds are low consciousness.

Try to put on a recording of one continuous death metal growl and see how long you can tolerate it.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Red/Orange attracts Red/Orange.

UFC boss supports Trump. Surprise, surprise.

UFC 244

DC2F2B3B-2B30-4EEF-932D-31759BF547B4.jpeg

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport