Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

On 12-8-2020 at 10:06 AM, Leo Gura said:

Life in Stage Red society:

Nice to see some Stage Blue at the end with the priest lol

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

I imagine most of the people who gleefully commit animal cruelty are stage Red, like many of the factory farm workers depicted in this doc getting off on torturing animals. I'm wondering though if people at stage Blue and Orange are also capable of flagrant animal abuse, or if that's less common? I know Orange can certainly profit off animal abuse (like owning a meat processing company), but I presume are less likely to directly engage in the violent acts themselves, perhaps?

Stephen Miller:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@tuckerwphotography "I'm wondering though if people at stage Blue and Orange are also capable of flagrant animal abuse, or if that's less common?" 

I met a deep blue conservative that was vegetarian and he rly cared about animals on an emotional level. Now i wonder is that green in him or is blue capable of that level of empathy idn. 

'The greatest' - him probably

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

higher stages love to portray themselves as more heroic when being terrorized by red like in capt phillips

17 hours ago, Lyubov said:

higher stages love to portray themselves as more heroic when being terrorized by red like in capt phillips

That's more Orange tier strategic thinking than anything else. He took advantage of what he said initially and accused him of not standing by his word(implicity questioning his honor and the respect he has for himself and others). This is often a great strategy for dealing with Red or at least delaying it's plans while you manuever it into a more favorable position. Captain phillips also shows great ability to delay gratification here, a skill that reflects his at least largely healthy blue/orange.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:16 PM, John Doe said:

@Carl-Richard Black Metal is stage Red as fuck. I was surprised to know how Black Metal isn't as well known in Norway as I thought it was. The whole story of how Burzum killed Mayhem, the church burnings and that drummer who put a shotgun to his face (forgot his name) it's pretty well known where I'm from in India, and parts of South America. Varg alleged that Euronymous was originally going to capture him, and make a snuff film out of him.

Gorgoroth: Kala Brahman

@John Doe Was about to complain about what Gorgoroth video doing in the stage red thread then noticed it’s Hoest on vocals, not Gaahl.

Daniel Day-lewis's character is orange regressing to unhealthy red.

55 minutes ago, Finax said:

Daniel Day-lewis's character is orange regressing to unhealthy red.

Great example of Red businessman.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Great example of Red businessman.

Sounds like someone who wants to trump the competition. :P