Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2020 at 8:01 AM, Akemrelax said:

Is BDSM red?

I thought it would be...?

doesn't mean people who do it are purely stage red (they're probably only a small % red if living in western society) 

if it's consensual and somewhat safe, it's better than some of the other manifestations of red it could've been 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Niccolò Machiavelli. Diplomat, philosopher and writer.

Maquiavelob.jpg

8 minutes ago, Moon said:

I thought it would be...?

doesn't mean people who do it are purely stage red (they're probably only a small % red if living in western society) 

if it's consensual and somewhat safe, it's better than some of the other manifestations of red it could've been 

I feel like green people are more likely to be into BDSM compared to say blue and orange people who get freaked out about it (at least from what I've noticed). BDSM might be red, but i think a lot of green people are into it because they feel that they can express their red shadow in a healthy setting with consent. Not sure if that makes 100% sense but it's just a thought. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

31 minutes ago, soos_mite_ah said:

I feel like green people are more likely to be into BDSM compared to say blue and orange people who get freaked out about it (at least from what I've noticed). BDSM might be red, but i think a lot of green people are into it because they feel that they can express their red shadow in a healthy setting with consent. Not sure if that makes 100% sense but it's just a thought. 

Yeah I agree, nicely put! 

Makes sense to me as blue especially could see it as devilish and immoral

However, I also think the more common notion of submissive/dominant roles during sex seems to be popular in orange too(maybe blue?) and is glimpses of red as well (aggressiveness of the dominant man for e.g., not to the same extent as full on BDSM though) 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Not my favorite thing, but I don't think it's low consciousness.  It's just a different extreme expression.

The Roman power grabs by the imperial family has a lot of examples of ruthless stage Red behavior:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

30 minutes ago, Zabuloon said:

Genghis Khan.  Emperor of the Mongol Empire.

Genghis-Khan-digital-portrait.jpg

*boss music*

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

xDxDxD

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

xDxDxD

WTF 

What does this say about humans if he’s our leader?

Ivan the Terrible. Grand Prince of Moscow and the first Tsar of Russia.

The book "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene. The book teaches you how to be ruthless, manipulative, and deceptive in order to gain power and status.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I posted this textbook example of a stage red man in the stage blue thread over 2 years ago, to show what it is that stage blue is reacting against

---
Also, I'll add another golden video which I'll be surprised if no one else has posted on this thread 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

15 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Also, I'll add another golden video which I'll be surprised if no one else has posted on this thread 

I did ;)

When I was a young kid I was really into pirates. Is that red?

2 hours ago, Artsu said:

Yes

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Artsu said:

I think pirates have been turned into this romanticized thing in movies and cartoons.

It's not really red if you liked Pirates of The Caribbeans.