Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

I’m not 100% sure if this is red because he seems too rational and self aware of his ruthlessness. Still interesting though

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_King_(boxing_promoter)

Plead Read Don King's wikipedia page, especially controversies

My question: How can you bring this guy on a stage? This is toxic red. 

20200716_232629.jpg

20200716_232646.jpg

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

1 hour ago, Rasheed said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_King_(boxing_promoter)

Plead Read Don King's wikipedia page, especially controversies

My question: How can you bring this guy on a stage? This is toxic red.

Red loves Red.

Which is why Trump loves all the Red authoritarians around the world and they love him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Is pokemon red?

I feel like it appealed to kids who are likely in red, with things like the battling.

11 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Is pokemon red?

I feel like it appealed to kids who are likely in red, with things like the battling.

Pokemon is generally blue with some red/orange competitive aspects. A fight doesn't end in the death of a pokemon. It emphasizes the importance of training, discipline and character. Team Rocket is red :) 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Red loves Red.

Which is why Trump loves all the Red authoritarians around the world and they love him.

Bro, you were so on-point in your global politics blog video, where you said, Trump only cares about himself. Same thing applies to Don King. It's just pure toxic red. 

This 30 second Mike Tyson's talk is just spot on. 1000% perfect description of toxic red:

This is just 180 degree shift of every actualized.org teaching.  

+ Look how Don King's ego mind rationalize his behavior with itself, like Trump. Without that he would have existential crisis. 

+ Like Trump, he pushes all most primitive, low conscious buttons on this amazing boxers, like color of their skin, how white people hate them. Making them believe, that he is some nice guy who cares about them and will help them. Exactly like Trump on poor people. They think, Trump will bring them good 1950s back, while he does not even give a shit about those people. 

And biggest mindfuck is that, these guys are devils, like me, and everyone else. Same tricks Don King's ego mind, Trump's ego mind, it plays on everybody. But these guys are even on another level...

But at the same time, I kinda still feel compassion for this Don King dude, probably his environment made him that way, like Trump. Horrible. 

Makes me more aware of devil within me.

+ On that wikipedia page, it's written that Don King's son is exact same product like him, who participated in stealing money from these champion boxers.

(I haven't read or watched but) Entire book and movie is written about his devilry and Trump is idiot enough to bring Don King to introduce him...WTF?

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Crimes-Don-King-America/dp/0974020109

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Pokemon is generally blue with some red/orange competitive aspects. A fight doesn't end in the death of a pokemon. It emphasizes the importance of training, discipline and character. Team Rocket is red :) 

Team rocket are a criminal gang though. Idk but i feel that that shouldnt characterise red, because we all pass through red dont we? Yet only certain people develop a criminal mindset.

At the age i was when pokemon was first popular (7 to 10) the kids wouldn't have been blue. I think blue is more an adolescent thing. When i was blue my pokemon phase had ended and i was getting in to music and philosophy and buddhism and stuff. I was searching for a culture to identify with i suppose.

No, if SD works how i think it does, then pokemon would primarily be red. Or at least that was the focus when it was popular in primary school.

I would think of training and discipline as related to red. Red processes the hard stuff, its our shadow. Shadow means the opposition to our ego, not anything criminal. So because of that it is brought in wherever there is opposition, rivalry etc. which is a big part of pokemon.

Though it also has blue aspects. I mean the people that made pokemon are of course above red, but it seemed made for a red audience.

Kinda like how Jordan Peterson is above orange, but his talks are generally geared towards an orange audience, because thats the age group he's speaking to.

I mean I'm assuming SD does work how i think it does. I'm familiar with the advancement of consciousness that comes with development up the stages, so that would make red the late childhood mindset, and i think difficulty and opposition is a big part of that.

I would perhaps even associate the simplistic, repetitive game play with red because it relates to how one spends idle time. But I'm still thinking that through.

Edited by Artsu

5 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Team rocket are a criminal gang though. Idk but i feel that that shouldnt characterise red, because we all pass through red dont we? Yet only certain people develop a criminal mindset.

Criminality is widely driven by a rejection of stage blue values (law, order, rules, purpose) and a cultivation of red (egocentricity, power, greed, impulsivity). The reason that you're following rules is that you're doing it for a higher good. When you're stage red, you are already the highest good. Nobody can tell you what to do unless they dominate you physically. The idea that the main characters are good and that Team Rocket is evil is fundamentally a blue concept.

9 minutes ago, Artsu said:

I would think of training and discipline as related to red.

The reason why training and discipline is blue is that it presupposes the idea of working towards something greater than what you currently are (another form of higher good). When you're stage red, you'll just do whatever you want. Discipline, training, and confinement requires the ability to look beyond your immediate impulsive desires and worshipping an ideal. Stage red only worship themselves. They believe they're the best. There is no need for any improvement. Trump is a good example of that.

35 minutes ago, Artsu said:

At the age i was when pokemon was first popular (7 to 10) the kids wouldn't have been blue. I think blue is more an adolescent thing. When i was blue my pokemon phase had ended and i was getting in to music and philosophy and buddhism and stuff. I was searching for a culture to identify with i suppose.

Blue tends to come online at 7-8 years of age according to this map:

spiral-dynamics-01.jpg

Of course you don't grow out of red immediately either. Red is a big reason why adolescents struggle with impulsivity and respecting authority. Just because you've entered a new stage doesn't mean you've left the others behind.

discipline is blue. 

I'd say pokemon is red/blue with some orange... damn y'all are getting me nostalgic

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Of course you don't grow out of red immediately either. Red is a big reason why adolescents struggle with impulsivity and respecting authority. Just because you've entered a new stage doesn't mean you've left the others behind.

I thought the majority of people dont even make it to green?

I was orange from 15-19 i think. But again i am still learning SD so i could be wrong.

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

spiral-dynamics-01.jpg

I can see now that there should be a level between orange and green. SD lumps self actualising with the first level of self transcendence, humanity consciousness.

I would shift all of the levels up one for age (and expand the length of blue) and add in more variation for individual difference.

Edited by Artsu

@Leo Gura Imagine what would happen if Libertarians got their way. They would tell these champion boxers to take personal responsibility...that would  get ugly quick. This proves how libertarian ideology is total garbage

Edited by Rasheed

6 hours ago, Artsu said:

I would shift all of the levels up one for age (and expand the length of blue) and add in more variation for individual difference.

The ages listed shouldn't be interpreted as the duration of each stage but rather the time window where the majority people enter that stage. It's fine that blue only spans from 7-8. Childhood development at that stage is comparatively very rapid. In primary school, the classes above your own are like sages and giants.

I know this isn't a music mega-thread, but still this is kinda interesting. I've never really understood the meaning behind the song title, but I tried digging a bit and I found some interpretation of it. Apparently, it's about Satan taking over heaven and killing everybody there, thus "raining blood". Idk about you, but that makes the image in my head so much more haunting than it used to be xD

Metal is quite advanced music. It focuses on dark and violent realities, but i wouldn't say it's a low form of music. The power in a song like raining blood fits the experience of being orange more than the experience of being red.

I guess though that you could consider the lyrical themes of metal symbolic of integrating one's shadow, which is red, because red represents, in my view, the opposition and critique of the basic ego.

Although, in that diagram it put red as the start of egoic consciousness. I would disagree. At purple i think you are focused on your own ego and maybe seeing other people as almost extensions of onself. In red you become aware of other egos but often in a conflicted way because not all egos get on well.

At blue you expand your consciousness again to include things which compliment your ego while being separate from it. So this can include accepting outside forms of morality as a desirable thing rather than the punishment/disciplining of red. Blue imo also relates to attraction to the opposite sex, and i generally put this level as being adolescence.

Orange completes the ego. The ego has now integrated with other egos, and it becomes about who can master all the different sides of a discipline. It's stil a part of ego consciousness, because you're viewing things in terms of components and relation to the basic ego, rather than a unified, transcendent self.

Then i think another level should precede green, where you become whole and unified.

Edited by Artsu