Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol, no! That singing is like a spiritual trance state. Like a mantra.

xD

Thought that the chanting resembles with some of the metallic voices. Anyway, usually I'm focusing more on the sound than lyrics and wonder if the sounds and lyrics are different things that influences the psyche differently? For example, is it possible for the instrument/voice/vibe to be purple and the lyrics to be red?

Edited by Member

@modmyth

I used to listen to Agalloch alot back in the day. Both Ashes Against the Grain and The Mantle are great albums. Yeah that have a gloomy feel to them, as an angst ridden teenager it was very cleansing for me as well.

Isis I still adore (to the CIA; the band, not the terror sect). Panopticon is a masterpiece IMO.

Cult of Luna is a great band. Salvation and Eternal Kingdom are very good albums that I still play on occassion. For me it vibes very well, bit on the dark side but in a very beautiful way. It is a big music collective with 7-9 members I think. Yeah the bands that has been mentioned are pretty much it for me when it comes to Post-Metal so it is not a huge genre and I haven't really followed it enough to see if there's something new on that scene. It was an introduction for me to Post-rock - Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky and God is an Astronaut I especially like.

9 hours ago, iceprincess said:

one of the daughters in the video was able to transcend stage red and escape the church. she did a ted talk about why she left. 

Stage Blue?

11 hours ago, Esoteric said:

It is more fair to put it it like that than saying a whole genre is a lower art-form. 

No you're just in denial. Distorted guitars, loud drums and aggressive vocals are inherently low consciousness.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

No you're just in denial. Distorted guitars, loud drums and aggressive vocals are inherently low consciousness.

Psychedelics are pretty distorted, loud, and aggressive.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You're absolutely right. Thanks for the input, Carl.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Stage Blue?

yeah that's what i was debating between 

5 hours ago, modmyth said:

@Esoteric  Like Dream Theater (not a big fan personally, although I have seen them live). The vibe is more... nerdy than anything, haha.

I'm willing to argue that even the virtuosos over at Dream Theater are choosing to play low consciousness music even though they're obviously capable of pretty much anything. They're attached to their brand, the "DT sound". Their music is a matter of survival for them. It's very clear if you look at their reasoning process when picking the new drummer for the band.

Dan pena actually seems red and orange to me. His self development topic is mostly orange but has regressive elements of red too. He bashes stage green and has a gangster mindset. Same level of development as trump and putin. What do you think?

Edited by Kailash Bhattarai

@modmyth Yeah. Whenever I think of Agalloch I think of that passage you posted. It's a beautiful one.

Haha no, progressive metal is usually non-aggressive, and when it tries to be it just sounds out of place. Dream Theater was actually the first band I really got into back in 6th or 7th grade. I loved them. For me they haven't held up at all though (except for some songs, like Space Dye Vest, but that is more Kevin Moore's creativity than DT as a band). Progressive metal did get me into Tool though, and that is probably my favorite band (maybe tied with Dead Can Dance). Those 2 bands are great examples of bands that transcends genres, like you said. Even their earliest material still sounds fresh and relevant, and I think that's a testament of truly good artists.

Danny Carey is also into the Enochian material, and their work together with Alex Grey is just a perfect marriage. What a great band.

2 hours ago, Kailash Bhattarai said:

LOL

This sounds so ridiculous once you have some God-realization.

It's people like Pena who became tyrants and mob bosses.

What Pena is missing is that if everyone in the world becomes feminine, there won't be a need for war. So the absurdity is that he wants men to be more macho in order to protect us from other macho men. LOL

Masculinity: that which is needed to protect people from the savagery of masculinity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Psychedelics are pretty distorted, loud, and aggressive.

+1

4 hours ago, Kailash Bhattarai said:

Dan pena actually seems red and orange to me. His self development topic is mostly orange but has regressive elements of red too. He bashes stage green and has a gangster mindset. Same level of development as trump and putin. What do you think?

I totally think the same. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What Pena is missing is that if everyone in the world becomes feminine, there won't be a need for war. So the absurdity is that he wants men to be more macho in order to protect us from other macho men. LOL

Masculinity: that which is needed to protect people from the savagery of masculinity.

lol exactly

the femininity in the form of safe spaces, anger management and therapy is SnOWFlaKeRy 

when war is what caused PTSD and the similar toxic (pure) masculinity causing the high rates of suicide of men in today's society 

"no homo but I'm scared of femininity and the balance it brings"

Edited by Moon

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Oh well, this topic derailed into a heavy metal appreciation thread. Who would've thought? xD