Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

So pretentious lol. . . Letting yourself loose to hardcore music is still a legitimate expression of consciousness.

Personally, I'm more of a House/Techno guy but I have great respect for the dark (musical) arts. :D

By that logic you could also continue watching snuff films.

But in practice you will stop wanting to watch that shit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

haha. Though I can't put films on a shuffle playlist and they typically don't only last 3-4 minutes long. As long as I don't listen to Heavy Metal genres on a regular basis, I should be fine.

In my real life, I actually prefer documentaries and animated films.

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

For sure. Disposition, Reflection, Triad has some of the most beautiful moments in music ever. I get emotional even talking about it.

Btw, have you seen this one? Such a good match and feel-good wibes :):):) 

Thank you for reminding me that this exists. Always makes me laugh. I'm not really into mashups, but this one is just really well done and absolutely hilarious. :D

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Leo, this is one I gotta disagree with you on. Not that I disagree that death metal isn't generally pretty bad (I've never listened to it in my life for the exact reasons you've pointed out), but the way you're making fun of something so personal and expressive to people is counter-productive, IMO. Unlike say, political opinions, there's little immediate, explicit harm that music choices can have on the world, so it just seems kind of callous to tell people off for liking what they like. And yes people will naturally grow out of it the more they grow and develop in consciousness, but that's a choice they have to make themselves, not one that I think can be forced on people.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think you're missing a key difference between a murder and art--one of them advancing consciousness much further and serving a higher purpose. It seems your aversion to dark music has always been the case and is a matter of fear, the same way a Stage Blue person is afraid of it. The purpose of dark music is more often than not to push a finite political or social agenda, but it's still beautiful. Dark Turquoise or beyond music is still possible.  Dark sexy and aggressive infinite Love for everything and all levels.  You're confusing darkness with toxicity or foolishness, which has a harmful impact. Your matter is one of taste that has been around long before your ego began dissolving.

Listen to the album "Mechanical Animals" and see how far you can get through it before you "stop desiring it."  Hint: it's not metal.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@Member Dark and evil are not the same.

I know but there's still the dark psyche which is a reflection of unresolved conflicts within the subconscious mind imo. Once the conflicts are resolved, your mind becomes peaceful and doesn't need that dark energy anymore. But that's only my opinion ofc.

6 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

So dumb...

Lol, that's called Pogo dance I guess xD

"I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!"

I love it. Mike Tyson is an inspiration for anyone. He would wake up on 4 am, go run in the snow, while he could easily do cardio on the treadmill...Got to have the same mindset in anything, even in personal development. Super inspiring. Watching Tyson's documentaries gives me tears. Guy who had nothing, became a hero. 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

10 hours ago, Apparition of Jack said:

the way you're making fun of something so personal and expressive to people is counter-productive, IMO. Unlike say, political opinions, there's little immediate, explicit harm that music choices can have on the world, so it just seems kind of callous to tell people off for liking what they like. And yes people will naturally grow out of it the more they grow and develop in consciousness, but that's a choice they have to make themselves, not one that I think can be forced on people.

I don't really judge it. Obviously I'm just expressing my own tastes. I'm not dumb enough to think that my tastes are somehow absolute.

God loves heavy metal as much as anything else. But also, art exists are various levels of consciousness, and not all art has the same effect on one's consciousness. A horror film can be art, but it isn't necessarily good for your consciousness to fill your mind with images of horror.

8 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

I think you're missing a key difference between a murder and art--one of them advancing consciousness much further and serving a higher purpose.

Actually, there is no difference. Who are you to say that a snuff film isn't art? It can be made artfully.

Almost anything can be turned into an art, from murder to rape to cannibalism. It's all totally relative. But things do have consequences.

@modmyth Yes, all sounds, whether they are human/cultural or not, are loaded with archetypes and vibes and emotional language. This takes you places when meaningful sounds are discovered.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't really judge it. Obviously I'm just expressing my own tastes. I'm not dumb enough to think that my tastes are somehow absolute.

God loves heavy metal as much as anything else. But also, art exists are various levels of consciousness, and not all art has the same effect on one's consciousness. A horror film can be art, but it isn't necessarily good for your consciousness to fill your mind with images of horror.

Actually, there is no difference. Who are you to say that a snuff film isn't art? It can be made artfully.

Almost anything can be turned into an art, from murder to rape to cannibalism. It's all totally relative. But things do have consequences.

I used to be a metalhead.

I was only listening to metal, the most extreme genres like funeral doom metal, raw black metal, DSBM, etc. all my life basically. I also went to more than 50 metal concerts. 

But in the past 3-4 years I almost cannot listen to "dark" genres in metal anymore. It's just too much negativity. I surrounded myself with information (including music) that uplifts me, inspires, makes me lighter, kinder, more connected to other people, more willing to love, share and care.

Many metal bands are pure negativity. It's like they are mostly complaining and whining in aggressive tone, that's it. Or overcompensating and trying to look dangerous, evil, important. Like teenagers. 

But also I see love and compassion in metal. When you are broken and suffering, you find some relief in dark arts. It's like at least somebody can understand you. "To understand" means they can relate to you better and be compassionate with you. It means you can get some love from it. 

So for me metal, even most extreme genres, always been about love and understanding and comforting. For me it was also healing in some ways. Of course there is also a lot of beauty in metal music, it's not all just screams and loud noises.  

Now I do not need compassion for those psychological wounds so neurotically, because many of them are healed. And I have new goals of sharing to the world now, so I feel like I am so much more capable of resonating with and understanding "light" music.

But also now I definitely see how metal can put you down.

It makes you justify your negative states and identify with them. 

Edited by Naviy

10 hours ago, modmyth said:

I did have a lot of anger to express and to process. But that itself doesn't have much to do with my intrinsic level of development, really

Actually, it really does.

I say this, but it does not mean that anger is "bad" or wrong. It is what it is. But it is a low vibration of consciousness. High consciousness beings don't have almost any anger at all in them. It's been purified away and healed by the light of Love.

Of course if heavy metal is part of your coping process and helps you to release your anger, then it can be valuable. But even so, once you release it you will want to move on to higher forms of music. A crutch is a great things when you have a broken leg. But once your leg heals, you throw the crutch away.

The whole movie is really a case study of the vMeme Red.

From the moment it rises (in this case, as a regression from blue), to its peak, and finally when it ceases.

It is hard to watch, but it's definitely worth it. 

Edited by Bernardo Carleial