Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Raphael said:

It seems to me that hardcore metal music is stage red. I didn't understand this kind of music most of my life, my bet now is that some people who have a lot of anger and insecurities release it through metal music. I don't know if this is healthy though.

I think there are actually some studies which show the effect heavy metal music vs classical music has on the mind/consciousness.

You ain't gonna find some blissed out yogi listening to heavy metal for a reason.

Heavy metal will affect your consciousness in a similar way that watching horror movies might. The lower your consciousness the more you will gravitate towards dark, brash, aggressive material.

Speaking of Red, I recently heard a report that one of Trump's favorite movies is Bloodsport, and when he watches it, he has his son fast-forward past all the dialogue and love scenes, to get to the bloody action. So it's just 60 minutes of pure bloody action. That's how Red operates. It sure explains a lot.

He literally could only stand to watch 20 minutes of a movie about an angel! :D You can't make this shit up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

In two thousand years, humans may look back on Orange as barbaric.

It's already happening! LOL

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

The Old Testament is dripping with red. I try to keep in mind that it was a red level culture then. In two thousand years, humans may look back on Orange as barbaric. In 4020, humans might look back and say “Back in 2020, human societies had both billionaires and homeless people” and everyone gasps how barbaric that was.

@Serotoninluv it already sounds very barbaric to me.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The lower your consciousness the more you will gravitate towards dark, brash, aggressive material.

Darkness and the beauty of antipathy can be very enlightening.  Opposition is probably a better word than antipathy--when it comes to tenebrosity and assisting people elevate in consciousness through force.

Edited by AtheisticNonduality

On 27/6/2020 at 7:17 PM, onacloudynight said:

Red defeated 

Frieza is an excellent example of stage red's hunger for power and egomania.

On the other hand, Goku is an excellent example of a stage green warrior.
He has very little ego compared to other people in the series, and cares a lot about defending almost everybody :) 

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

As psychedelics can temporarily bring the average person to Turquoise, there's reason to believe addictive drugs can temporarily make you Red.  I would highly recommend watching this video:

guys what is healthy red or is it unhealthy by definition?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think there are actually some studies which show the effect heavy metal music vs classical music has on the mind/consciousness.

You ain't gonna find some blissed out yogi listening to heavy metal for a reason.

The lower your consciousness the more you will gravitate towards dark, brash, aggressive material.

So pretentious lol. . . Letting yourself loose to hardcore music is still a legitimate expression of consciousness.

Personally, I'm more of a House/Techno guy but I have great respect for the dark (musical) arts. :D

@Leo Gura Don't create an arbitrary duality between Heavy Metal and Classical music.

xD

Edited by Extreme Z7

10 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

So pretentious lol. . . Letting yourself loose to hardcore music is still a legitimate expression of consciousness.

Personally, I'm more of a House/Techno guy but I have great respect for the dark (musical) arts. :D

There is some validity to what Leo is saying, and that is coming from an ex- death metal fan. I used to listen to the darkest forms of heavy music out there, but after meditating for a couple of years, my music taste completely changed. Now it's leaning more towards psychedelic/progressive rock, jazz, classical etc.. Heavy music just feels toxic at some level. The heaviest I would go nowadays is maybe some Tool when working out, and even that gets tiring after a while, despite the spiritual and soulful dimension of their sound and lyrics.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The heaviest I would go nowadays is maybe some Tool when working out, and even that gets tiring after a while, despite the "spiritual" and soulful dimension of their sound and lyrics.

Tool is awake.

20 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

guys what is healthy red or is it unhealthy by definition?

On 27.6.2020 at 3:47 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Healthy integration of Red

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

There is some validity to what Leo is saying, and that is coming from an ex-death metal fan. I used to listen to the darkest forms of heavy music out there, but after meditating for a couple of years, my music taste completely changed. Now it's leaning more towards psychedelic/progressive rock, jazz, classical etc.. Heavy music just feels toxic at some level. The heaviest I would go nowadays is maybe some Tool when working out, and even that gets tiring after a while.

That's sorta my story too. I used to be a huge fan of Hardcore Techno stuff but the more consciousness work I've done, the more I've begun to appreciate more moderate laid-back styles of Dance music. Plus I was also just really pretentious about being "hardcore" back then, it was childish and I had to let it go.

Although maybe Hardcore Electronic music has a more "hypnotic" feel to me than Hardcore Rock music. To be perfectly honest, I'm not that big a fan of the latter so perhaps I'm not completely on board with Heavy Metal as you might think I am.

Hardcore Techno could be a bit more of a compromise for me and my consciousness work than most Heavy Metal tracks.

33 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Tool is awake.

For sure. Disposition, Reflection, Triad has some of the most beautiful moments in music ever. I get emotional even talking about it.

Btw, have you seen this one? Such a good match and feel-good wibes :):):) 

Edited by Carl-Richard

47 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

I was just brainwashed by aliens.

Edited by AtheisticNonduality