Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Raphael same thoughts. people who hear metal are stage red/blue

Most metal people are Orange/Green that just happen to be angry or have some Red.

7 hours ago, Raphael said:

It seems to me that hardcore metal music is stage red. I didn't understand this kind of music most of my life, my bet now is that people who have a lot of anger and insecurities and release it through metal music. I don't know if this is healthy though.

That or it appeals to the natural teenage propensity towards Red (defying authority, aggression, impulsivity). I used to listen to death metal as a teenager because of the intense energy and adrenaline, kinda like watching a horror movie. I've actually never cared about the lyrics of a song untill my early 20s.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Please don’t post gore or link to gore websites in this thread. E.g. videos of immolation, beheadings etc. 

11 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Please don’t post gore or link to gore websites in this thread. E.g. videos of immolation, beheadings etc. 

K sry

Didnt read the guidelines il do it now

the full movie of game of thrones is best example of stage Red mentality. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-norway-police-verdict/norwegian-policeman-jailed-for-21-years-in-drugs-case-idUSKCN1BT1QZ

This is the headline in our news today in Norway as the high-up ex-police detective Eirik Jensen is appealing his sentence to the supreme court. When the top hash distributor in Norway named Gjermund Cappelen got busted by the cops, he decided to out Jensen as having cooperated with his business while working closely with him as an informant by using illegal tactics, and that Jensen has protected Cappelen from being investigated by the police, essentially allowing him to import hash without being caught, in exchange for money and insider information. If he is guilty, this is an example of stage blue regressing to stage red.

hg.jpg

Old testament has a lot of red. 

Here are a few quotes:

1. Killing the babies of your enemies will bring you happiness:

"O daughter Babylon, you devastator! Happy shall they be who pay you back what you have done to us! Happy shall they be who take your little ones and dash them against the rock!"

2. Assaulting uppity women:

"Moreover the Lord saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet: Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will discover their secret parts."

3. More rape:

"Hear and give ear; do not be haughty, for the Lord has spoken. . . . And if you say in your heart, 'Why have these things come upon me?' it is for the greatness of your iniquity that your skirts are lifted up, and you are violated . . . because you have forgotten me and trusted in lies. I myself will lift up your skirts over your face, and your shame will be seen."

4. There are nine passages in the Old Testament where God makes cannibalistic threats. Here is the worst one:

"And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me; Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat ."

5. Killing, raping and stealing:

"See, the day of the Lord is coming — a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger. . . . I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty. . . . Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated."

6. God killed 50000 men for looking at something:

“And he smote the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men (50,070)”. 

We have come far. 

Edit: just realized that this is unhealthy version of red should i take it down? 

Edited by Opo

2 hours ago, Opo said:

Edit: just realized that this is unhealthy version of red should i take it down? 

Nah. It's hard to find healthy examples.

8 hours ago, Conscious life said:

unhealthy red

Interesting how the atheism of North Korea (in respect to traditional religion) is coming from below blue (red) rather than above (orange). They are only allowed to worship the one all-powerful state. Atleast Hitler believed he wasn't above the christian God.

2 hours ago, Opo said:

Old testament has a lot of red. 

The Old Testament is dripping with red. I try to keep in mind that it was a red level culture then. In two thousand years, humans may look back on Orange as barbaric. In 4020, humans might look back and say “Back in 2020, human societies had both billionaires and homeless people” and everyone gasps how barbaric that was.

27 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The Old Testament is dripping with red. I try to keep in mind that it was a red level culture then. In two thousand years, humans may look back on Orange as barbaric. In 4020, humans might look back and say “Back in 2020, human societies had both billionaires and homeless people” and everyone gasps how barbaric that was.

Many currently see orange as barbaric.

@Husseinisdoingfine Yea, but its still weird to think now how that helped people to grow. 

Edited by Opo