Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

Healthy integration of Red

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Stage red at its most entertaining. 

Edited by AtheisticNonduality
Fixed link to direct to exemplary scene.

14 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

I like how people are crying "we don't need bullies in our police force" when that is exactly where you would want them lol.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I like how people are crying "we don't need bullies in our police force" when that is exactly where you would want them lol.

Maybe a few hundred years ago. Stage Blue will often see Stage Red as tools.

3 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Maybe a few hundred years ago. Stage Blue will often see Stage Red as tools.

You can have a bully in two ways: the one who knocks down your door or the one who arrests him.

41 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You can have a bully in two ways: the one who knocks down your door or the one who arrests him.

????

EDIT: Ah, you mean you need bullies to defend against bullies. I'd actually prefer non-bullies to defend me from bullies.

1 hour ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

I'd actually prefer non-bullies to defend me from bullies.

The only problem is that's not possible. Now, of course I'm really substituting "bully" for "aggression", but the point still stands. The cop in the video is displaying his capability of aggression, although a bit excessive for that particular situation, it's necessary for him to do his job. You don't want a weak police force that can't match up to the bad guys, As a cop, his natural tendency towards aggression has the chance to manifest itself in a productive way, something you wouldn't see in most other well-paying professions.

2 hours ago, Florian said:

I love Mike Tyson

he went from red to green in his life time. I'm pretty sure he had a blue religious phase then he started his hollywood phase where he was trying to get popular again and now he is going into green competing in sports again. 

37 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The only problem is that's not possible. Now, of course I'm really substituting "bully" for "aggression", but the point still stands. The cop in the video is displaying his capability of aggression, although a bit excessive for that particular situation, it's necessary for him to do his job. You don't want a weak police force that can't match up to the bad guys, As a cop, his natural tendency towards aggression has the chance to manifest itself in a productive way, something you wouldn't see in most other well-paying professions.

There's a difference between being aggressively competent and abusing your power as an arbitrary authority figure that can attack at will.  That can lead to you doing the exact opposite of what your job should be.

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

I went through a phase of being obsessed with watching documentaries about life in prison. Perhaps these are good sources for you to examine this domain of behaviours. 

This "law and disorder in Johannesburg" documentary had this gem of a man. Louis Theroux has amazing documentaries. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

4 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

There's a difference between being aggressively competent and abusing your power as an arbitrary authority figure that can attack at will.  That can lead to you doing the exact opposite of what your job should be.

not many people are gonna have the emotional control to pick and choose when these aggressive elements come out, even the people in the hiring process- they don't even know hot to control their own emotions

Also, the same way as a therapist will end up with emotional/psychological issues by being bombarded with trauma all the time (becoming the people they deal with most), cops will become abusive if they weren't already that bad (like the criminals they frequently deal with) unless they receive regular help

That's why more conscious people (yellow probs) need to be in charge of this stuff :/ 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Healthy red I can think of is Yakuza helping japanese citizens during crisis.

Edited by Esoteric

Dizzee Rascal, you guys probably not heard of him but hes a grime (rap) artist from the UK, hes 35 and has ascended comfortably to orange and maybe pushing toward green now, but he recorded his debut album at 17 and talked about how it growing up in a harsh environment in London. If you can understand what hes saying he gives his perspective on it whilst being in it, very unique to hear -