PukkaDanks

6 Years of Daily Meditation - My Thoughts

57 posts in this topic

Problem with ordinary self help subject - object mindfulness is that it tends to increase the sense of self, not diminish it. That’s whack shit.

Past stream-entry and the delusion of agency, where meditation just happens with awareness aware of itself, that’s where meditation really takes off, and you don’t need “absolute rigor” and millions of hours.

Edited by Display_Name

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The reason you feel that way is because for meditation to be life-transforming it must be done with extreme rigor.

If you half-ass meditation, it is 100x weaker than if you do it rigorously.

Most people in the West are not taught to do serious meditation. They are taught meditation for newbies.

This x1000

A lot of people don't understand that meditation is hard work, contacting the object with great clarity over and over again, getting out of dullness... it's a mental work

Meditation is best for people with weak minds 

Everybody's mind wander a lot when they are beginners, even dumb 70iq people

Edit: also, 20 minutes a day is not enough

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

2 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Everybody's mind wander a lot when they are beginners, even dumb 70iq people

lol

Also, generally women think more and take less action (whereas men think less and take more action)

The more mindful and better I've become with thinking less, the stronger my mind has become imo anyway

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@Leo Gura hi Leo. i remember you said in the past that meditation without NeuroFeedback machine is a waste of time compared to with a machine. Like X100 weaker. Do you still use this machine? Familiar with TAG Synch? I am very interested in this field and will appreciate your response.

@Leo Gura what do you think of the meditation Which is taught in the east where access concentration states are reached (samadhi) and by changing objects of meditation during the course of meditation to finer aspects of the mind to reach higher levels of consciousness??

i think that shit requires a seriously strong mind ....

"All troubles come to an end when the ego dies"

"God has become man; man will become God again"

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

@JosephKnecht

Leo just a human being as anyone else in this forum.
So, of course he has his own beliefs to let go.
He just super open minded and has immense desire for the Truth.
In other words, he is brave enough to lose everything for nothing.
So grateful to imagine this guy Lol  

Nobody is perfect. If we were perfect, we wouldn't be here

I prefer to perfect my imagination. :) 

No weak/strong minds. Only perfect minds. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well... people's notion of life-transforming is of course highly subjective.

Those who are well-suited to it will get a lot more juice out of it. Exponentially more. Like 100x more. So that can explain that.

Personally I'm not well-suited to it. My mind is hyper creative non-stop.

Meditation is best for people with weak minds :P

so what other options you got for people who love to think, and don't say psychedelics please :P

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@PukkaDanks I have actually had a fairly big breakthrough with meditation over the past 4 months. Started meditating like 4 years ago, tried a bunch of different techniques with varying intensity, with periods where I was doing 2-4 hours a day, and then sometimes just 20 minutes. I've also done a few 10 day retreats. But in general any change in my level of consciousness was minimal.

In terms of the breakthrough, all i'll say is that psychedelics were likely the catalyst, and specifically 5-MeO, and more specifically a major breakthrough with that substance that occurred earlier in the year. I only need to do 30-40 minutes in the morning and it 'stays with me' for the rest of the day. It's like the meditation has taken on a new form. In fact, in a lot of ways the meditation never stops. Your natural state is meditation. I have scrapped all 'doing' techniques completely. Letting go of all doing and just residing as what is left is usually my go to. So my point is, start working with psychedelics, and specifically large doses of 5-meO. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Personally I'm not well-suited to it. My mind is hyper creative non-stop.

Meditation is best for people with weak minds :P

I'm not sure if I agree quite with that dichotomy. I used to be extremely stuck in my mind thinking about interesting ideas 24/7 and it still only took me 3 meditations before I got a nondual glimpse ;)

Granted, that happened straight after stopping a consecutive 2 years of bombarding my brain with cannabis. The withdrawal symptoms from abruptly stopping the use of cannabis has an interesting effect on focus.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

An intellectually empty mind. A mind that doesn't feel a need to think.

Lots of people go through life without thinking much about anything. They are like animals.

It's real easy for a cat to meditate.

Thinking is both a blessing and a curse.

I'm pretty surprised you feel this way based on many of your teachings and older videos at least. I think as someone who has a tendency to be highly cerebral, meditation has been critical in helping me to dissociate from my chimp brain-- even an "intellectual" chimp brain is still a chimp brain. I've found that sometimes the key to enjoying life and even gaining deeper insights, counterintuitively, has been to learn to not engage with my mind and just be present. you don't think so? 

Even deeply intellectual people like Ken Wilbur swear by it and talk about the benefits of meditation in improving clarity of thought and elevating consciousness... 

I am very nooby in terms of pursuing enlightenment admittedly(I have just began a kriya yoga practice within the past month or so), but the way I conceptualize it is that trying trying to awaken without a solid meditation practice is like trying to build a castle without a strong foundation. 

Edited by louhad

Meditation is for those who have the balls to surrender the importance of their inner chatter and sense of self. It take seriousness and determination and an extreme quality of concentration,  which is developable ofc. A weak mind will not be able to do it, and of course it will find an excuse. Its easy to say is not for me. None likes to be weak right? @Leo Gura

There wasn't long ago since you said that empty minds are creative minds btw.

Edited by dvdas

Try some more methods and find what works best for you. 

I've noticed huge improvements from kriya and concentration practices

On 26.6.2020 at 1:04 PM, Leo Gura said:

No

You definitely need to get past that to meditate seriously.

If you love your own thoughts, you won't be able to meditate.

Do you really still love your own thoughts Leo? :D 

I mean, of course, love is good, we "should" love everything that arises, thoughts too.

But. You "should" remember that what you call 'your own thoughts' is actually just Love's/God's thoughts. I know you are God, and thus you could still say "my thoughts", but I have personally found it profoundly liberating to view all my thoughts and emotions as something that 'happens to me' from the outside, i.e. as something the Divine "puts" into my mind/soul. 

By viewing it this way I can relax and just 100% go with the flow and calm myself completetly down by realizing that everything is happening exactly as it should happen without any effort from me. 

During my small 15-20 minutes meditation I always get profound moments of ego-death/calmness/no-thoughts/100% presence in the now. It's beautiful and really helps to ground my otherwise -- at times -- maniac awakening.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 26.6.2020 at 1:04 PM, Leo Gura said:

You definitely need to get past that to meditate seriously.

You can get to a point where you dont have to meditate seriously anymore. Sometimes when I meditate I get a profound insight-download from Love and I write it down. Then I continue meditating in bliss afterwards.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:37 AM, PukkaDanks said:

I think currently the benefits of mediation have become a bit overblown

Clearly your not meditating on 5meo