Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

Team Cap or Team Iron Man?

9 posts in this topic

Which side would you take? Would you support sacrificing individual freedoms for the benefit of greater good or would you value freedoms at the cost of greater good? Team Cap or Team Iron man?

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

I support Yin and Yang.  Balance is always best for the collective...

The problem is where do you draw the line in your circle for balance? Notice how the line in yin yang is drawn. How do you draw your own line between freedom and greater good?

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

7 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

The problem is where do you draw the line in your circle for balance? Notice how the line in yin yang is drawn. How do you draw your own line between freedom and greater good?

Most amount of Freedom with the line at protection.  Less government, more freedom, therefore less protection.  The scenarios can go on and on and I try to stay somewhere in the middle.  Do you have something more specific to address.

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

Which side would you take? Would you support sacrificing individual freedoms for the benefit of greater good or would you value freedoms at the cost of greater good? Team Cap or Team Iron man?

You are assuming the two are mutually exclusive. 

9 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Sacrificing means I guess being left wing. Individual freedom is more right wing.

9 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Sacrificing means I guess being left wing. Individual freedom is more right wing.

I never said the two are mutually exclusive. If there is an either in an or statement then it would be exclusive. But if it is just an or in an or statement, then the answer could be both. But again, if you say both, where do you cherry pick. For example,

would you favor governmental control over drugs? For me, no.

would you favor governmental involvement over corporations? For me, yes.

How did I draw this line? It is based on my belief that people should have freedom to do drugs but people should also be in check to not corporatize and pollute the environment etc. 

the question is, where do we draw the line between personal freedoms and protection?

i do not favor government to have security cameras in bathrooms, but I do favor the government to overwatch terrorism and crime. See how it is paradoxical? Do you all have this similar problem as well?

I think I will go for Team Cap because the government cannot be trusted to make all the right choices for its citizens but at the same time, we cannot leave matters in individuals hands because of manipulation. Do you see my problem?

Edited by r0ckyreed

14 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

We are all one. The 'collective' is a concept in the minds of individuals. There is no difference between individual freedom and collective good. This dichotomy is created at Stage Blue because all stages below Orange are materialistic, so they don't see the Oneness of it.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee