beastcookie

Why not using LSD/DMT for enlightenment?

25 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

I've now worked my way through a lot of "enlightenment books", Ramaji 1000 being the latest one. I've had several "awakenings" before I touched ANY drugs whatsoever, but now I'm using psychadelics sparingly. I find it very helpful and I'm always keen on integrating my insights. Why is this "wrong"? I've seen many gurus that are against it, but why not use all the tools we have available for us on this plane? 

Insights can come from psychological pain, trauma, profound dreams, meditation and yes... drugs! What do you guys think?   

Would you use chemicals such as dopamine or serotonine, anti-depressants, weed etc. to achieve permenant everlasting peace and happyness? Would that be even possible?

Edited by Salvijus

9 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Would you use chemicals such as dopamine or serotonine, anti-depressants, weed etc. to achieve permenant everlasting peace and happyness? Would that be even possible?

Enlightement is the realization of Truth...

Sometimes just a "trip more" is what it's next to realize what is true .

Doesn't matter if it's trip or meditation retreat of course.

I'm just saying 

@beastcookie it's not wrong. Do it, with great caution of course, but do it! ??

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

You are the insight itself, and yes, there is nothing wrong ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Javfly33 a glimpse of truth doesn't make you free from suffering.

Unless you achieve mahasamadhi and leave your body in that state of consciousness. Maybe that would work. Maybe.

Edited by Salvijus

I would argue that psychedelics allow you to experience the truth of concepts you read about, and that this experience is tremendously valuable for knowing you are on the right path.

While they are "drugs," I think they exist for a reason... perhaps as lights in the darkness to help us find our way back to What We Are.  You can use the light to throw a dance party, but that isn't why it exists.  Food for thought.

30 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@Javfly33 a glimpse of truth doesn't make you free from suffering.

Unless you achieve mahasamadhi and leave your body in that state of consciousness. Maybe that would work. Maybe.

Of course, but according to the late narrative in this forum, that wouldn't be enlightenment.

We don't really know what is possible. But of course we should strive for the best possible scenario

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

There is nothing to achieve, there are a lot of beliefs to let go ;) 

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

No, but I am very grateful for anti-depressants. They worked as a door opener for me when I needed them, very valuable! I wouldn't recommend anyone taking anti-depressants on full dose all of the time though. 

11 minutes ago, beastcookie said:

No, but I am very grateful for anti-depressants. They worked as a door opener for me when I needed them, very valuable! I wouldn't recommend anyone taking anti-depressants on full dose all of the time though. 

I'm happy you found benefit from these things :)

I think some people are greateful for coffee also. They say they can't live without it. Still I think it's fool's gold in the end.  Is it a reliable solution to your problems? That's the real question. And the answer seems to be no in most cases. 

I can't imagine a guru saying to reach true happyness just consume antidepressants or smoke weed everyday until it becomes permenant. Afterall it works way faster than meditation. Why waste time with years of meditation when it takes only 1hit of weed.

Edited by Salvijus

12 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Letting go of believes is quite an achievement id say :D

Only if you could truly let go of beliefs: "I am separate", "I will die", "I am real", "I need ...", "I come&go".
That's the whole work, before that you probably have to let go other dogmas, say about psychedelics.

9 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I can't imagine a guru saying to reach true happyness just consume antidepressants

I don't think that's the idea of consuming drugs. They can help to clear your mind, they won't give permanent understanding or enlightenment.

Enlightenment don't come because of drugs, but because of your true self. But I think they can help in the way of enlightenment.

And I am someone that never consumed drugs. Just my POV.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 hours ago, beastcookie said:

Hi there, 

I've now worked my way through a lot of "enlightenment books", Ramaji 1000 being the latest one. I've had several "awakenings" before I touched ANY drugs whatsoever, but now I'm using psychadelics sparingly. I find it very helpful and I'm always keen on integrating my insights. Why is this "wrong"? I've seen many gurus that are against it, but why not use all the tools we have available for us on this plane? 

Insights can come from psychological pain, trauma, profound dreams, meditation and yes... drugs! What do you guys think?   

Psychedelics can be a powerful tool in healing and awakenings. I recommend integrating psychedelics into a holistic spiritual life that also includes things like meditation, yoga, spiritual readings, nonduality, creativity and time in nature. Also give yourself plenty of time to integrate the sights of psychedelics and be mindful about chasing experiences.

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Would you use chemicals such as dopamine or serotonine, anti-depressants, weed etc. to achieve permenant everlasting peace and happyness? Would that be even possible?

The same can be said about meditation and yoga. They also alter neurotransmitter levels. Do an fMRI while I’m in a yin yoga zone and it will be waaay ‘out there‘. Substances and spiritual practices aren’t limited to chasing feel good experiences. That is just scratching the surface.

As well, there are bigger fish to fry than searching for “permanent everlasting peace and happiness”. 

3 hours ago, beastcookie said:

Hi there, 

Give us a couple of insights that have come to you via psychedelics 

13 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

As well, there are bigger fish to fry than searching for “permanent everlasting peace and happiness”. 

What is this fish?

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

You fail to see that anyone who has ever had an awakening has used the various natural neurotransmitters to do this. Yes, enlightenment goes beyond the “physical” explanation of things, but you write this post as if you are not using serotonin or dopamine right now lol. One of the reasons meditation is effective is because it manipulates our natural neurotransmitters. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

17 minutes ago, 4201 said:

What is this fish?

Peace and happiness are components within a greater expansion. For there to be peace and happiness there must, at the very least, be non-peace and unhappiness. And there is much more. In a relative sense, searching for everlasting peace and happiness Is a fools errand and is highly restrictive. In an absolute sense, once Peace and Happiness is realized it no longer matters since there is Nothing to contrast it.