Annoynymous

Leo, are you missing your heart? Or is it just my problem?

31 posts in this topic

@Dazgwny dude, it's not an issue of black and white and good and evil. It's more than that.

Maybe my current state of mind making Leo sound too logical and talking from thinking. I am not sure so this post is definitely not a critique of him. It's just i am sceptical about myself and trying to inquire. That's all.

And yeah, when you are non native speaker,  you tend to pick up word like "nuance" and other  words as well by listening to others. This is called learning a language through listening.

Lastly, i agree with you that it is best for you to zip it up and listen more. It will make you grow. Respect for your view from my part as well.

Edited by Annoynymous

9 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

It is not a post intended to be funny. I have been hearing from Leo's video for last four years. Recently i find it hard to listen to him as i found his way of talking too much thought centric,  logical and sometimes heartless. I usually don't find enough empathy,compassion and emotion in his video. Yeah, what he talks about seems right when i think about it, but it just doesn't "feel" right. This was not the case even 6 months ago for me. Then i had enjoyed listening to him. But now a days i don't fully resonate with his teaching style.

Is it the case only for me or do others face the same problem too?

I want to hear Leo's opinion as well.

As much as your hoping for some objectiveness on this matter, I dont think you'll find it.  Some people are very moved by Leo and find just what they need, others perhaps like yourself are not resonating.  "the path" may involve you branching out and finding what your heart resonates now with.  Perhaps in time you'll find yourself drawn to leo again, perhaps not.

@Mu_ i used to resonate more with Leo in the past. I am just trying to figuring out what happened recently.

Thanks for your advice :)

5 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Pookie i am an INFP/INFJ and enneagram type 4. I think that quite closely resonates with Leo.

I think Leo has described his personality as INTP. I get a “T” fill-up with Leo and “F” fill-ups with nonduality speakers like Lisa Cairns and Ananta Kranti. 

19 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Serotoninluv i didn't understand . Can you please elaborate?

There are lots of nonduality speakers that present more heart-centered, rather than cognitive-centered.

I resonate both with Leo's style of presentation and the more "fluffy" or "heart-centred" one. I feel like both are useful in their own way. It sounds like you might enjoy Adyashanti whose delivery is a lot less cerebral. At this point I've bought every single book of his on Audible and still listen to him daily. I can't seem to get enough of it, even though all the books/talks are sort of the same, with the exception of Resurrecting Jesus maybe. Just listening to him puts my mind at ease, and there are moments when it almost feels like a particular sentence could trigger a deep awakening in me. It's a feeling that's hard to describe, but as far as I understand this is sort of the point of Satsang. I do enjoy other teachers like Sadhguru or Eckhart Tolle as well, but I don't gravitate to them nearly as much for some reason. Different strokes for different folks?

I really don't feel like Leo is "missing his heart" though. Especially not nowadays. Many of his newer videos are deeply moving; his frequently tearing up when talking about Love for example seems 100% authentic to me.

Edited by KingCrimson

Adyashanti
Swami Avdheshanand
Martin Ball
Dali Lama ( current Tenzin Gyatso)
Jeff Foster
Leo Gura
Thích Nhất Hạnh
Bentinho Massaro
Jed McKenna
Mooji
Peter Ralston
Ramaji 
Sadhguru
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Shinzen
 Shunyamurti
Rupert Spira
Eckhart Tolle

rank each 0-7

0 = no fluffiness
7 =  fluffy 

Leo has a distinctive style. He's very direct and he's not messing around. If you don't resonate with his style, it's really no problem. You can continue watching Leo's content because he constantly puts out great and valuable stuff, but there are a lot of other great spiritual teachers out there. Find the one that you most resonate with and combine the teachings for your liking.

Personally, Adyashanti has become my favorite teacher. Not praising him or anything, but I really resonate with his style and delivery. Direct, casual at times and doesn't use a lot of spiritual jargons. Just the perfect middle ground for me.

Edited by nistake

19 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Matt Khan, Eckhart Tolle is for pussies

Or for people who had a rougher journey through life than you mate.

21 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

So it's sort of a Trump approach to spirituality? 

That's a huge stretch xDxD

Trump's approach to spirituality would be no spirituality