JayG84

Leo's videos get recontextualized while moving up the spiral

19 posts in this topic

I'm currently rewatching a lot of Leo's video's after a major shift in awareness and perspective. I feel like I'm grasping the things he's talking about on a much deeper level now than when I watched them the first time. It's really interesting to see how becoming more conscious recontextualizes a lot of his material. Before I was like "this is interesting" now it's like "Yeeeesssss, exaaaactly!" lol

I urge people to rewatch some episodes when they feel like they've moved up in consciousness and see if your understanding is deeper than before. 

Have you guys noticed this with Leo's work or other peoples lectures?

7 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

I'm currently rewatching a lot of Leo's video's after a major shift in awareness and perspective. I feel like I'm grasping the things he's talking about on a much deeper level now than when I watched them the first time. It's really interesting to see how becoming more conscious recontextualizes a lot of his material. Before I was like "this is interesting" now it's like "Yeeeesssss, exaaaactly!" lol

I urge people to rewatch some episodes when they feel like they've moved up in consciousness and see if your understanding is deeper than before. 

Have you guys noticed this with Leo's work or other peoples lectures?

100% man. I’ve been doing this with not only Leo’s content but a fair majority of previous information I consumed. You will also notice changes in how you convey these topics equally.

Insight is not binary. It relies upon a sufficient recipient through which to receive it. Unfortunately, the conventional is linear and unable to operate beyond bias. So many details and nuances are missed purely by the fact the mind is harshly contorted prior to any development. 

This will be let go of the more you open up. Your appreciation for this work will then come to fruition.

I am doing it too, rewatching videos again because I know I will grasp more things now that I am a bit more conscious... not very much hehehe...

but I feel like I have a better understanding now.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

You'll have to watch some of the videos 10 times to squeeze out all the juice. And even decades later you'll still be finding new nuggets of insight. That's just the nature of this work.

Comprehension has many degrees and orders of magnitude. Understanding is bottomless.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Understanding is bottomless.

Cool

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Leo Gura leo, would you go on a knowledge/wisdom/understading/whatever you wanna find expedition for eternity (Or until you get tired) throughout the entire universe if you could?

Lets say, you were out of body, so you were free from transportation, food water.

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You'll have to watch some of the videos 10 times to squeeze out all the juice. And even decades later you'll still be finding new nuggets of insight. That's just the nature of this work.

Comprehension has many degrees and orders of magnitude. Understanding is bottomless.

Do you think that people can have an awakening from your videos alone if they keep contemplating. I find your videos put me in a "flow" state, where I'm so deep in contemplation that I feel an awakening is just around the corner. Especially when walking and looking at nature, listening to it on podcast. The amount of realizations I have are expanding my consciousness exponentially I feel like. Could it take me "over the edge" one day, or does it not work like that? 

32 minutes ago, DreamScape said:

@Leo Gura leo, would you go on a knowledge/wisdom/understading/whatever you wanna find expedition for eternity (Or until you get tired) throughout the entire universe if you could?

That's what life is.

9 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Do you think that people can have an awakening from your videos alone if they keep contemplating. I find your videos put me in a "flow" state, where I'm so deep in contemplation that I feel an awakening is just around the corner. Especially when walking and looking at nature, listening to it on podcast. The amount of realizations I have are expanding my consciousness exponentially I feel like. Could it take me "over the edge" one day, or does it not work like that? 

Anything is possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

The videos are merely a launching point for your own deep inner work.

You will no more become deeply awake from a video than you will become a surgeon from a video. Practice is mandatory.

I’ve rewatched so many of his videos more times than he himself would probably even find reasonable. xD

Every time I do, I always find that there was some implicit thing he was trying to communicate that I was not developed enough to understand the time before.

It’s so funny how someone can be trying to communicate something to you, but unless you’ve experienced it yourself, it will just go in one ear and out the other almost like you didn’t even hear them say it at all. 

1 minute ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

I’ve rewatched so many of his videos more times than he himself would probably even find reasonable. xD

Every time I do, I always find that there was some implicit thing he was trying to communicate that I was not developed enough to understand the time before.

It’s so funny how someone can be trying to communicate something to you, but unless you’ve experienced it yourself, it will just go in one ear and out the other almost like you didn’t even hear them say it at all. 

Exactly. I didn't even know what "Levels of consciousness" even meant a few years ago. I just thought that people had their perspective and others had theirs. And that's it. But there are definitely "stages" you go through. Spiral Dynamics was really a master work of a theory. Not perfect but nothing is.

Sometimes, when I'm talking about politics or a psychological theory with someone, I try to give them a wider, more conscious perspective to think about a situation. It's the most obvious, common sense thing to me now, and I feel like I'm going to blow their mind with it, but then they just look at me like they didn't even hear it and change the subject. hahaha. It's a joke amongst my friends that I always have to take everything meta. lol  Some people even say they don't like thinking about that kinda stuff. ?‍♂️Oh well. Different strokes I guess.

25 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Some people even say they don't like thinking about that kinda stuff.

Hehehe... how convenient ;)

"I don't like thinking about my own devilry." -- said the devil

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

Sometimes, when I'm talking about politics or a psychological theory with someone, I try to give them a wider, more conscious perspective to think about a situation. It's the most obvious, common sense thing to me now, and I feel like I'm going to blow their mind with it, but then they just look at me like they didn't even hear it and change the subject. hahaha. It's a joke amongst my friends that I always have to take everything meta. lol  Some people even say they don't like thinking about that kinda stuff. ?‍♂️Oh well. Different strokes I guess.

Bro, this is literally my life, haha. 

Whenever I talk to people at my job, I‘ll start going way more in-depth than they usually care to go and they’ll just start zoning out and be like “uh, yeah... uh-huh....” And every now and again they’ll give that whole “I don’t like to think about that stuff” schpeel.  Which in the moment tends to frustrate me a little, because, well... there is almost nothing else worth thinking about in my mind, and I keep hoping that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will be open to it and be interested in the concepts, but I’m just always disappointed.

But then I’ll remember the way I used to think when I was younger and religious. When people started getting too philosophical on me, I’d start to get anxiety because they started to talk about things that deviated from my religious worldview and I was afraid it would “sow doubt” in my mind and put me in danger of hellfire. Even less than that, I didn’t want my worldview to come crashing down and figure out that there might actually not be a god looking after me, or a heaven that I could go to after I die.  

But even people who are not religious will tell me that, and the best thing I can figure there is they don’t like to question their tacit assumptions too much because it starts to make them feel ungrounded and that their life might have no real purpose.  They want to feel like they exist as an agent with free-will and that their existence has a meaning of some kind, so they just keep drifting along and don’t want to think too much about it. 

I personally never struggled with that too much even after losing my faith.  I somehow came to terms with the meaninglessness of life even while I was a Christian.  After losing my faith, just the fascination I felt for reality and thinking about these questions was enough to make my life feel meaningful.

What else could be a better thing to do with your existence than trying to figure out what existence is and basking in it’s beauty? What could possibly be more fascinating?? 

I think many people just think that it’s not even possible to get any definitive answers so they just leave it up to the scientists. 

@The Lucid Dreamer

I know right? I've never been a good chit chatter. Either we go deep or we go home baby! haha

People hate looking at themselves, but I would think that they would take that as a clue that there's something interesting going on inside of them ?

This forum is great, but I really hope I can meet someone in real life one day who can the see the world how I see it. There must be some out there right? Maybe I can manifest one somehow. lol

@JayG84  Yeah, definitely. For me it is so rewarding to attend meetups which are heavily focussing on topics that need a meta view to understand.

Keep putting your perspective out there. People who are open to it will automatically be drawn to you. Irresistible. Incredible.

I've never been a good chit chatter. Either we go deep or we go home baby! haha

I too see myself this way. However, since this year I found myself to like chit chat when I am interested in it. Like, scanning a wide range of topics to feel where to dig deep into.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@JayG84 yep. 

We can say the whole spiritual path is about re-contextualization, based on 'who you are' knowing. 

Recently, watching few Osho videos before sleep. Few years ago: 'It's funny and interesting', now: 'Fuck, yeah, exactly!' ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Loving Radiance @dimitri @The Lucid Dreamer @Leo Gura

Do you guys feel like you filter everything through your deeper understanding? Can you just surrender all of the non-dual stuff sometimes and watch a funny movie or talk about stuff in a more low consciousness way just because it's fun sometimes (gossip, heated politics)?

I find I have a hard time surrendering the meta-perspective now. I always tend to look at things from an analytical state and try to see things that others can't. At this point I'm not really interested in getting down in the mud with the rest of society, I just look at it. Is this what stage Yellow feels like?

12 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Do you guys feel like you filter everything through your deeper understanding? Can you just surrender all of the non-dual stuff sometimes and watch a funny movie or talk about stuff in a more low consciousness way just because it's fun sometimes (gossip, heated politics)?

You can even giggle for no reason lol, since it's just a beautiful dream.
There is a pointless point where you realize there is no "low consciousness" way, this is just illusion.

I find I have a hard time surrendering the meta-perspective now.

Just a thought, let it go.

I always tend to look at things from an analytical state and try to see things that others can't.

you = others

At this point I'm not really interested in getting down in the mud with the rest of society, I just look at it. Is this what stage Yellow feels like?

It feels like spiritual ego lol
Relax man, all is perfect now, you are advanced seeker, just meditate, don't believe in thought which doesn't feel good.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

It feels like spiritual ego lol
Relax man, all is perfect now, you are advanced seeker, just meditate, don't believe in thought which doesn't feel good.

Hahaa. Yeah it does sound like it doesn't it? I'm just trying to gauge where I'm at with all this stuff. I've never actually been able to talk to anyone about it, so words do have somewhat of a purpose I guess. I don't really consider myself "spiritual", I'm not really anything, don't really identify with any identity, but spiral dynamics is a pretty good gauge to think about conscious development. I've just noticed a lot of changes in perspective recently and trying to communicate it somehow. ?

On 6/25/2020 at 8:02 AM, JayG84 said:

I find I have a hard time surrendering the meta-perspective now. I always tend to look at things from an analytical state and try to see things that others can't. At this point I'm not really interested in getting down in the mud with the rest of society, I just look at it. Is this what stage Yellow feels like?

This is an interesting question.

So, I’m trying to get to the point where when I talk to people who are lower on the spiral, I can communicate with them more on their level but at the same time try give them a deeper perspective than what they might already have without going balls to the wall non-dual on them.  When I first started my spiritual journey, I was so excited about the insights I was having into the nature of existence and consciousness that I would just tell everyone I knew about what I’ve learned, naively thinking that they would be open to it and that I could get them to understand and then we would all just sit around the fire singing Kumbaya on psychedelics and we’d all share our experiences and non-dual insights with one another and everything would be hunky-dory.  

God was I just so fucking wrong.  I simply sounded crazy to them, and I got into some pretty heated arguments with some of my best friends. To the point where they straight up called me stupid and yelled at me because they thought I was being arrogant and condescending, because I claimed to know something about reality that they assumed to be unknowable and I was telling them that they didn’t understand it. 

Like I said, when you try to communicate something to someone who isn’t at the level of understanding necessary to grasp what’s being said, it’ll almost be like they didn’t even hear you say anything.

You kind of have to pretend to be more on their level, otherwise they are just going to think you’re being condescending and it’ll close their mind off to you.  People don’t seem to like it when someone tries to tell them something they don’t already think or understand, unless they look up to you, of course. 

For me, it’s kind of difficult to withhold my full understanding of something in order to effectively communicate.  I guess because it makes me feel like I’m holding back and therefore not being genuine or fully honest and I hate pretending to be dumber than I actually am. That’s just my ego talking though. 9_9

And sometimes it’s difficult to remember how I used to think about things when I was at a lower level of understanding. Though probably more than anything, I just find lower levels of conversation to be mind-numbingly boring, to the point where I sometimes even refuse to engage in it. I sometimes will, just because as a social creature, I require some amount of human interaction for my serotonin and  dopamine levels to stay balanced, haha. 

People at my job think that I’m kind of anti-social and quiet in general, but the truth is that I just have much higher standards of conversation than everyone else there, and the things that are occupying my mind, they are not even capable of understanding, let alone even care about in their current state of awareness.  As soon as I hear anyone talk about anything philosophical or existential, good fucking luck trying to get me to shut up. 

This makes me sound really arrogant, I know, but I guarantee you it’s not coming from a place of boastfulness.  I completely understand why the people around me are at the stages they are at and I understand that I was just lucky to have all the right influences in my life that lead me to where I am today.  I’m not judging them. I’m just lonely, and I keep holding out hope that someone someday will be interested in getting to the bottom of reality the same way I am. But I’m always just disappointed.

As far as just being able to indulge in mindless entertainment like movies and shows... If I’m hanging out with friends, I can certainly enjoy a good movie or tv show or watch funny YouTube videos and have a good laugh. I don’t seem to have much of a problem with that, though I do seem to get bored with it pretty easily and there is much less entertainment that catches my interest in general now.  Playing video games is almost impossible for me now, as it just feels like such a waste of time. If I do play a video game, I usually need to be listening to some lecture in the background, so that I can at least have some level of productivity.  

It’s just really hard to be interested in much else after you’ve come face to face with God and basked in infinite Love and Beauty.  

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer