Justincredible76

How can I use marijuana consciously?

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, so ive been on and off smoking weed for the past two or three years now, typically during periods of use I find myself doing it everyday until I stop for a while. I feel that the way ive been using the substance has been relatively meager and hedonistic, and I’ve definitely grown an identity around it.

With the direction that i want to take my consciousness, I see that my usage will have to change drastically or even stop to get to higher states of being, but thats largely In the future. Right now, I would like to take small but consistent steps towards growth; so I think consciously using this substance will play a very large factor in dictating the trajectory of my level of consciousness. Can any of you recommend some conscious ways to use the substance?

I usually vaporize the stuff with a dry herb vape, which I think may be the healthiest option. But how about practices that would go well in tandem with it, perhaps like lung strengthening exercises or certain meditative practices that will allow me to extract the most out of the experience of taking that first hit? There is certainly a meditative quality I notice in the experience, I think that can be used for my benefit. There’s also possibilities of limiting my intake for better experiences. 

If you think you have an idea thatd help just let me know, thank you all :)

Edited by Justincredible76

Yes, you can intention is key. 

I’d suggest look at Paul Chek, he’s an example of someone who using it with intention 

1. Purity
  2. Fasting
  3. Clear intention
  4. Set and Setting
  5. No distractions
  6. Alone
  7. 1~2x a week max
  8. Contemplation
  9. Meditation
  10. Yoga

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:
  1. Purity
  2. Fasting
  3. Clear intention
  4. Set and Setting
  5. No distractions
  6. Alone
  7. 1~2x a week max
  8. Contemplation
  9. Meditation
  10. Yoga

Great except 7. 

No more than 2x per month. Id recommend advancing your meditation to the point where you have insight into the damage marijuana has on the mind. Until you have this clear insight, either consciously or subconsciously, you’ll feel a draw to use frequently. Ive been there cycling through heavy use and abstinence, only to fall back into use. It requires a pretty hard shift in awareness of mind before I was able to walk away without craving.

Weed is s great beginner psychedelic but it’s addiction risk is very high, and damaged on sober memory and sober cognitive function adds up overtime, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Soullee said:

*told by a person who used cannabis everyday for over 30 years* xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

If you want to use my life as a model, then the most conscious way would be not to use it :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@herghly @Recursoinominado @Soullee @system @Consilience @Carl-Richard All great replies! I extracted alot of value from the words expressed here, i think moving forward I will make my transition towards making the marijuana experience more of a special event where I contemplate on it and treat it like a psychedelic. In doing so hopefully I can bridge the gap between feeling complete with the sober and the high state, and perhaps with that I will see much less desire to use it and my use comes down.

10 hours ago, Justincredible76 said:

If you think you have an idea thatd help just let me know, thank you all :)

As a regular user of cannabis and with a lot of mystical experiences on it my tip would be just to silence the mind when you are high. This will be your most difficult task to do. So be sure to meditate always before you smoke and always clean your room of distractions, phone on silence, maybe put on some ambient meditation music on. Only when the mind is silent you might fall into deep contemplation and weed is potent for it very much if you are in-line with how it works on you. And also don't smoke frequently, do it on a Saturday evening, be well rested, and do your practices, a some kind of physical exercise, hatha yoga or something like that it doesn't have to be specific. The way you prepare your body is very crucial when smoking, make it into a ritual, this will deepen your over-all smoking sessions.

Also it's good that you vape, it gives more of a mental high, this I noticed myself. Also it gives you a lot of control of how much you wanna get high.

Mahadev