Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Superfluo

Sixth Chakra (Third Eye): Falling Asleep

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been healing myself in the last year using various techniques, especially focusing on lower chakras. But in the last week I've started to focus more on the sixth chakra.

When I try to be present with the third eye in order to let arise whatever needs to integrate and heal (I think it's the emotional vipassana technique), at first my forehead starts to lightly buzz (I think it's normal), like when you point a sharp object to your forehead. But after a minute or so my consciousness slowly drops as if I'm falling asleep and I find myself very tired, wanting to lay on the bed to sleep. I don't know why it happens, because before focusing on it I'm not so tired and sleepy.

It may be a defense mechanism for traumas, and in this case I don't know how to proceed because falling asleep doesn't allow me to explore what's beneath.

It may simply be an indication that I need to sleep, but the quality of my sleep is pretty good, so I don't know why it does this.

I tried researching this issue on internet but I didn't find anything.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

23 hours ago, Superfluo said:

It may be a defense mechanism for traumas, and in this case I don't know how to proceed because falling asleep doesn't allow me to explore what's beneath.

Could be, yeah. Just be persistent and patient and sleepiness will pass with time. It is a fairly common defense mechanism.

Also you could try focusing there with your eyes open. Just soften and widen your gaze so the visual field is spread equally while attention is on the third eye.

@Esoteric thank you!

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

It could be trauma but sometimes it’s just some pragmatic obstacle like exhaustion. 
Everything is consciousness so certainly chakras can become exhausted and give out just like muscles because both muscles and chakras are ultimately made of the same essence 

Edited by Synchronicity

From further experimentations, I think it's a defense mechanism amplified by exhaustion.

In these days I feel more lost, more down to earth but in a meaningless way. I feel more present in the moment, but without my ability to be in my head. If before I was able to pierce through patterns, behaviours and be at ease with ideas, concepts, logical structures, knowledge, wisdom, in these days I feel more normal, more a sheep in the herd.

It's like switching from an intuition-based way of living to a sensation-based way of living.