tuckerwphotography

Hypocrisy of enlightened people?

2 posts in this topic

A friend asked me this question, and I didn’t have a good response: Why do you think modern enlightened beings like Eckart Tole, Byron Katie, Ram Dass (now deceased), etc live in big houses and have a lot of money when that seems to directly conflict with the wisdom tradition teachings of poverty, living amongst the poor, etc? Why aren’t they following in the footsteps of Jesus, Buddha, Ramana Maharishi, Peace Pilgrim, etc. ? And why do they still fly, drive cars, and use technology when those directly contribute to climate change, environmental destruction and other systemic issues? Wouldn’t an enlightened being see the harm being done to the planet as harm being done to them, since all are one? If nothing else, are they setting a poor example by living fairly extravagant lifestyles in the face of so much suffering? And if climate change and the rest is just “all an illusion” to some degree, why then do they talk about how it’s important for everyone else to protect the environment, help the poor, etc when they themselves seem to be benefiting from the very system that created the suffering? Thanks for any thoughts on this :)

No different here. You have people championing progressive and virtue signaling nonsense. Orange man bad. Victim card. Repeat! 

As for Eckhart, the dude did the work. He is a best seller. He has a awesome but over priced retreat i would like to checkout. People live in whatever paradigm they so choose. 

Choose your destiny! - Raiden (mkIII) 

Unlike the norm of progressive, "someone not me, do the work," Eckhart did the work. I see no hypocrisy. No money is the root of evil. People think running to the government be it pandemic flu or single mom's, urban areas rather than solving problems. 

Imagine, if mankind whimpered and cried victim card in the cave at the Don of time? People would be still in caves throwing feces at one another. Sadly, a lot of people still live like that.