Zega

Thought provoking clamation with Satan (kid's movie)

3 posts in this topic

"Life itself is only a vision; a dream. Nothing exists save empty space and you.
And you are but a thought."

Apparently Mark Twain got existential in his later years. I just stumbled upon this movie and aside from it being visually disturbing for its intended audience, the animation is entirely clay and quite beautiful.

Mark Twain wrote this short story when he lost his wife, children, and faith in God. The story is called, "The Mysterious Stranger" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterious_Stranger

I thought it was a neat find, thought I'd share it, would love opinions/analysis.

"[T]here is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream – a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought – a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!"

Wow. I don't think that the experience of the dark night of the soul has ever been expressed in a more trenchant way!

Why so serious?

Existence floats in the empty vaccum of nothing. That is where we are right now, but deception lead us to believe we are in a physical world. All fear is extinguished when you realize you realize life isn't real. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary