ivankiss

I'm pretty much dead to Social Media. What to do? (music)

27 posts in this topic

@ivankiss wohohoho, look at that fucking guitar...

There are a bunch of ways, but to do it relatively fast, you might want to do or discover what the mainstream is.

Creative challenges, minute shreds, covers, 10 ways to garbage content (imo), legit sound production toturials or a musicians video diary. Some people vlog how they play guitar e.c.t., memes also. Bahh... There are many exausting ways, but the one true i would like is to post what i want to post.

@Applegarden I have some covers on my mind and a few other stuff. But I also want to do things a bit differently. I don't want to 'loose' my uniqueness and just blend in with the masses by joining that trend. 

I like the idea of keeping things a bit more mysterious and enigmatic. That's why the music must speak loud and clear for itself. So that alone can be enough for folks to become 'hooked'.

TikTok is the greatest marketing tool for music (Also happens to be the fastest growing social media platform today, not sure but i think it surpassed Instagram a few months ago. It is a GOLD MINE when it comes to promoting Music. 
Take Roxxane By Arizona Zarvas for example, Roxxane blew up because of TikTok, People loved to dance to his song, and 90% TikTok's content is people dancing to music + TikToks overlay is literally designed to promote music, When a song is playing, overlay shows the name of song. https://imgur.com/xvjWBy6
Don't forget why people listen to music, its because it stimulates an emotion, Music that stimulates Happiness,Freedom, Excitement, Good/Old memories has the biggest audience, But a song doesn't have to stimulate those emotions for it to go big, Take Rap for example, Rap doesn't stimulate good emotions but people still listen to it because it stimulates a feeling of Superiority, feeling of success, feeling of "toughness", feeling of anger, feeling of sadness. Point is, Music has to STIMULATE AN EMOTION(S)!!!, BUT it doesn't have to stimulate good emotions. anything goes, but music that stimulates good feelings has the biggest audience! I can't stress this enough. Heres some examples of music is stimulates good emotions:
Music that stimulates a feeling of freedom:

Music that stimulates a feeling of good/old memories & happiness

I hope this helps you identify which audience you want to target and see whats more popular :D Oh yeah btw i'm not saying all Rap, rock & heavy metal is toxic, there are actually some good stimulating rap, rock & heavy metal songs out there, but most of it is toxic especially the modern versions of those genres, Artists like NLE Choppa, Polo G, The baby, Future, Playboi Carti, Lil pump, Trippie redd, 6ix9ine are popular but clearly have nothing else to sing about but Money, Bitches, Drugs, Weapons and killing people. Modern Rap is ego at its finest, even tho i'm pretty arrogant myself :S

Oh yeah and the reason why you see artists suddenly obsessed over dancing is all because of TikTok.

(LIL UZI VERT SUDDENLY LOVES TO DANCE) it worked tho his album sold 1 million first week

WOOOOOOOW TUTORIAL???? HMMM

Oh yeah and follow the trends, Artist Dababy made a Black Lives Matter remix of his "Rockstar" song to fuel that G Floyd movement thats going around recently. 

Edited by MarkKol
Typo

@MarkKol Thanks mate!

The stuff you shared is not really 'my scene', but I appreciate your thoughts and effort.

I already joined forces with the friend I mentioned earlier and he's putting together a 'strategy' for this to happen.

I am beyond happy to work with him. Everything smells wonderful so far.

Things are escalating! 

@ivankiss GET ON INDEPRENEUR- MARKETING IS EVERYTHING IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS I CANT STRESS IT ANYMORE. I don’t know if you play any instruments or how long you’ve been playing for... but if you played in bands, done gigs, got paid then focus on music BUSINESS. EVERYTHING YOU WANT MUSICALLY IS THROUGH THE BUSINESS SIDE. building a following without social media? Possible but good luck ❤️