Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Travelion

How do I find my personality type?

6 posts in this topic

I think I'm an ESFP, I like the descriptions, but some parts don't really  fulfill my ideas of myself. I'm not sure about it. When it comes to the personality type identification questions, how do I make sure that I answer honestly and not the way I would like to be? How can I sort out this distortion?

I recently discovered the whole concept of "parts work"..  Or having sub-selves. 

Who am I? 

I am a mixture of different selves? But who is the authentic self? Who is the child self? Or is it children? A family? 

List all of your characteristics...

Positive characteristics

Negative characteristics

Then get a friend to objectively list your characteristics. Both positive & negative. 

Then identify these subselves based on your past or the fragmentation of your personality. When did you first create this characteristic? What caused you to act this way?

Seeing all the puzzle pieces that make up you. 

It's hard admitting the parts of ourself that we don't want to see that are in the shadow. Especially to others or hearing it from others. 

Edited by Ethan1

Join an MBTI discord server, plenty of nerds there with too much time on their hands. They'll probably be willing to type you. Go onto https://disboard.org/ and type "MBTI". Sift through the servers until you find one which isn't toxic or full with clueless snowflake zoomers. 

A few of the servers are full of degenerates and 4chan faggots but you'll relatively easily be able to dodge that. These bad sorts are few in number, so this warning is more for the sake of briefly describing the landscape of those circles. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Have you actually tried taking the Myers Briggs Test? It's available online. It is unlikely that everything in the character description will fit for you but at least 50% should depending on where you source the information 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

https://www.michaelcaloz.com/personality 

this site tests by questioning into your cognitive functions, seeing which ones you use most, and then finding the stacking order. I've found it to be the most accurate.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus