Winny

I keep on thinking I'm the Brain

200 posts in this topic

Hey there guys, 

I'm a newbie and so I still need questions answered. Some days I'm convinced that I'm not me, but the pure awareness, which is nothing, but then there are other days like today, where I just think to myself yes, I'm the awareness, but I'm also my brain that processes every information that comes to me, like the 5 senses and thoughts as well. If I had no brain, I wouldn't be able to function and there would be no "I". Couldn't I be the combination of both? Both the awarness and the brain that governs everything I do?

Thank you for taking your time to answer this :)

You are EVERYTHING. The entire field of consciousness.

Be careful with your ideas of Nothingness. Whatever ideas you have of it are not it.

Awakening is not about becoming convinced of something. Awakening is not a logical conclusion or a belief. It is a new state of consciousness. You need to access a new state, rather than trying to convince yourself from within your current state.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Winny said:

Hey there guys, 

I'm a newbie and so I still need questions answered. Some days I'm convinced that I'm not me, but the pure awareness, which is nothing, but then there are other days like today, where I just think to myself yes, I'm the awareness, but I'm also my brain that processes every information that comes to me, like the 5 senses and thoughts as well. If I had no brain, I wouldn't be able to function and there would be no "I". Couldn't I be the combination of both? Both the awarness and the brain that governs everything I do?

Thank you for taking your time to answer this :)

Is this you =? look deeply? is this what you ARE?

Or are you... 

...that? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are EVERYTHING. The entire field of consciousness.

Be careful with your ideas of Nothingness. Whatever ideas you have of it are not it.

Awakening is not about becoming convinced of something. Awakening is not a logical conclusion or a belief. It is a new state of consciousness. You need to access a new state, rather than trying to convince yourself from within your current state.

First of all, thank you Leo for taking your time to answer me personally, I feel honored! 

Secondly, there are days where I think that I have got it when I'm totally detached from my thoughts and I'm just being aware of them, just observing and not being subjective. Since all of this is still new, I have to CONVINCE myself that I'm not my brain because my entire life I thought I was because everything is being processed in the brain (that was my belief) isn't the awareness happening in the brain though, Leo? Also, a state is happening from the brain as well, no? As you can see, my theme revolves around the brain and I have identified myself with it. I mean, there are a lot of parts in the brain, like amygdala, hippocampus, prefrontal cortex, etc. and all of them have their specific purpose and so all of that makes up who "I" am. Perhaps awareness is also happening in one of the parts of the brain? Can it be possible? Like the thoughts is happening in one part of the brain (I'm assuming, can't be entirely sure) perhaps awareness is happening in one part or all of the parts combined together? 

1 hour ago, Winny said:

If I had no brain, I wouldn't be able to function and there would be no "I".

Have you ever had the experience of being unaware?

27 minutes ago, Winny said:

Perhaps awareness is also happening in one of the parts of the brain

Brains are found within awareness

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Winny

Pick an object in front of you. Notice a thought arises as a label, a name, for that object. Notice that label is a sound, a word, which you learned. What is the actual separation, between the arising label, the seeing, and the knowing of the seeing? What divides the ‘object’, the seeing, and the knowing?

Notice there is awareness of ‘the object’, the seeing, the knowing of, and the awareness of. 

What separates those?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

Thank you very much for this, I think I get you what you mean. It's basically the awareness that is there throughout my life, no matter what I do, but the question is where this awareness comes from? Isn't it done in the brain? 

Edited by Winny

@Winny

Feel the bottoms of your feet. Feel that-there-is-sensation present. Feel the sensation of any parts of the body which are touching anything, such as your legs, butt, back, etc, touching the chair. 

Notice, there are thoughts arising, “legs”, “chair”, etc. 

Focus on the sensation. Relax, take a few deep stomach breathes, and just feel the sensation. 

Then feel for the actual ‘edges’ - of the sensation. 

Begin to notice this throughout your day.... Notice in terms of seeing, there are apparent ‘edges’. Look at your hand, and notice there are definitive ‘edges’....between where your skin ends and the air begins. 

Then close your eyes, and check that ‘edge’ in feeling. 

Do you find ‘edges’, in feeling ?

2 hours ago, Winny said:

First of all, thank you Leo for taking your time to answer me personally, I feel honored! 

Secondly, there are days where I think that I have got it when I'm totally detached from my thoughts and I'm just being aware of them, just observing and not being subjective. Since all of this is still new, I have to CONVINCE myself that I'm not my brain because my entire life I thought I was because everything is being processed in the brain (that was my belief) isn't the awareness happening in the brain though, Leo? Also, a state is happening from the brain as well, no? As you can see, my theme revolves around the brain and I have identified myself with it. I mean, there are a lot of parts in the brain, like amygdala, hippocampus, prefrontal cortex, etc. and all of them have their specific purpose and so all of that makes up who "I" am. Perhaps awareness is also happening in one of the parts of the brain? Can it be possible? Like the thoughts is happening in one part of the brain (I'm assuming, can't be entirely sure) perhaps awareness is happening in one part or all of the parts combined together? 

Right... you are trapped in the materialist myth of brains and physical objects. It is good to question and deconstruct that. But that's only the begining.

There is no brain at all. The brain is just a story you invented to explain the present moment.

Thoughts don't happen in a brain. The brain is a thought. Take a close look at what "my brain" really is and where it came from. Deconstruct it. Raw experience is not happening inside of any thing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Right... you are trapped in the materialist myth of brains and physical objects. It is good to question and deconstruct that. But that's only the begining.

There is no brain at all. The brain is just a story you invented to explain the present moment.

Thoughts don't happen in a brain. The brain is a thought. Take a close look at what "my brain" really is and where it came from. Deconstruct it. Raw experience is not happening inside of any thing.

I too become conscious of this in experience. However, what does this knowledge mean to anyone one of us?

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Winny

Feel the bottoms of your feet. Feel that-there-is-sensation present. Feel the sensation of any parts of the body which are touching anything, such as your legs, butt, back, etc, touching the chair. 

Notice, there are thoughts arising, “legs”, “chair”, etc. 

Focus on the sensation. Relax, take a few deep stomach breathes, and just feel the sensation. 

Then feel for the actual ‘edges’ - of the sensation. 

Begin to notice this throughout your day.... Notice in terms of seeing, there are apparent ‘edges’. Look at your hand, and notice there are definitive ‘edges’....between where your skin ends and the air begins. 

Then close your eyes, and check that ‘edge’ in feeling. 

Do you find ‘edges’, in feeling ?

This confuses me :D Finding the edge feeling. Why particular edge feeling? How do I find an edge feeling? 

@Winny

Feel the sensation of your feet on the floor. Not think it, feel the sensation. 

Does that sensation have sharp clear discernible edges, or is it fuzzy, blurry? 

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But if someone cuts my skull open there will be a brain, right? How am "I" able to think if there was no brain? I have also had a minor accident at the gym and nearly every single I experience pain, if I didn't have a brain, how am I able to process pain? How are we able to learn things if there was no brain? Sorry for so many questions, but that statement "there is no brain at all" is a total mind fuck. Obviously, I'm not going to cut my skull open to see if I really have a brain cause I'll probably be dead (the lowercase self) :D but we saw surgeons cutting skulls open of a human being and he/she in fact has a brain. 

What are you suggesting what is in our skull if not a brain? 

I really hope that I don't come across as hostile and trying to prove you wrong, that's not what I'm doing at all...I'm really interested in this and have watched many many of your videos and have also started meditating 25 minutes every single morning for the last week. Actually been meditating since 3-4 years, but haven't taken it seriously to the enlightenment level like recently. Also, been doing self inquiry as well. But again, your statement that we don't have a brain is a real mind fuck and sounds hmm...I mean, it has been proven that we have brains... we have blood that is running in our body, right? or is that also not real? Be honest with me Leo, if someone dissected your skull right now, there would be a brain right? Let's just say we really don't have a brain, then how are we able to process things and gain knowledge and all of that? 

@Nahm No, it's just a feeling. I'm mindful of the feeling, but that feeling is being processed in the brain right? 

Don't get me wrong, I feel the sensation. I feel the sensation of my foot touching the groud, I'm aware of it, but that feeling is possible because it is connected with the brain. If, for instance, there was no brain or there was some sort of blockage in my nerve, my foot gets numb and I won't be able to feel a thing in my foot. 

Edited by Winny

5 minutes ago, Winny said:

But if someone cuts my skull open there will be a brain, right? How am "I" able to think if there was no brain? I have also had a minor accident at the gym and nearly every single I experience pain, if I didn't have a brain, how am I able to process pain? How are we able to learn things if there was no brain? Sorry for so many questions, but that statement "there is no brain at all" is a total mind fuck. Obviously, I'm not going to cut my skull open to see if I really have a brain cause I'll probably be dead (the lowercase self) :D but we saw surgeons cutting skulls open of a human being and he/she in fact has a brain. 

What are you suggesting what is in our skull if not a brain? 

I really hope that I don't come across as hostile and trying to prove you wrong, that's not what I'm doing at all...I'm really interested in this and have watched many many of your videos and have also started meditating 25 minutes every single morning for the last week. Actually been meditating since 3-4 years, but haven't taken it seriously to the enlightenment level like recently. Also, been doing self inquiry as well. But again, your statement that we don't have a brain is a real mind fuck and sounds hmm...I mean, it has been proven that we have brains... we have blood that is running in our body, right? or is that also not real? Be honest with me Leo, if someone dissected your skull right now, there would be a brain right? Let's just say we really don't have a brain, then how are we able to process things and gain knowledge and all of that? 

Imagine you're playing a video game.

In that game you visit a hospital.

In the hospital, Dr Murphy tells you that you have a tumor on the brain, and cancer in the lungs.

Given that you're playing a video game, is the illness true?

Or does it just come down to pixels and computer code?

Edited by peachboy

Notice how the belief about the brain only arises as a thought. Try to see what happens when you're not thinking.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

21 minutes ago, Winny said:

@Nahm No, it's just a feeling. I'm mindful of the feeling, but that feeling is being processed in the brain right? 

Check and see. Where is the feeling, the sensation? Point to it. 

Don't get me wrong, I feel the sensation. I feel the sensation of my foot touching the groud, I'm aware of it, but that feeling is possible because it is connected with the brain.

Check your direct experience.....

If, for instance, there was no brain or there was some sort of blockage in my nerve, my foot gets numb and I won't be able to feel a thing in my foot. 

Rather than believing thoughts about stuff which is not at all in direct experience. 

1 hour ago, WHO IS said:

I too become conscious of this in experience. However, what does this knowledge mean to anyone one of us?

Yeah Leo, is there anything to do besides getting caught in this human experience? Or is there any higher purpose after all, other than infinite imagination?

@Winny you see, this is a problem of the ego, ego wants to have power and self awareness gives some kind of executional power over that which is not ego. ego wants to be brain because brain gives it executional power. ego also likes to be special so ego starts to separate from everything else around it. brain gives the ego safety so ego becomes brain. „somewhere in there i must be found“ , so body is not brain is only attached to the brain as if it was nothing, which it actually is, body is nothing and brain is also nothing. there is actually not anything it’s all pure nothing. ego thinking to know where it is to be found is a self identification trap. maybe you could have your brain scanned and then hang the pictures of it at your wall and show it to all your friends and family. or you have an afternoon of picture presentation about how your different parts look in different segments, could be fun.