Shmurda

Help me die - without psychedelics

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I've been on the path for about two years now. I'm well versed in no-dual teachings, practice meditation daily and have had some breakthrough psychedelic experiences where I experienced myself as God. 

Right now I'm practicing self inquiry, and I'm realising just how unwilling my seperate self identity is willing to surrender itself to awareness. I get deep into the present moment and identify the illusory identity within it, but no matter how much I let go of all identification, the seperate self hangs on and is ready to jump back into action the moment I get distracted. 

I've read about dying to your seperate self and"dissolving the self into love". Any tips on how to get the self to actually die? 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

The seeker seeks That which he does not have. 

He seeks because he knows that He is not complete

What the seeker doesn't know is that he already has Everything.

The only thing He doesn't have is Nothing.

Nothing can never be had, so the only way to get to Nothing is to stop seeking. 

That which doesn't even exist cannot die.  And that which is real cannot die also!!! 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

16 minutes ago, Shmurda said:

Right now I'm practicing self inquiry, and I'm realising just how unwilling my seperate self identity is willing to surrender itself to awareness. I get deep into the present moment and identify the illusory identity within it, but no matter how much I let go of all identification, the seperate self hangs on and is ready to jump back into action the moment I get distracted. 

I've read about dying to your seperate self and"dissolving the self into love". Any tips on how to get the self to actually die? 

A couple thoughts come to mind:

You might want to spend more time and practice as the witness. What you describe as “I” is a witness to what you describe as “the separate self”. It seems like there is a desire to move toward the “I” witness and reduce immersion into the “separate self”. . . One way to do this is to consider this “separate self” as a character that appears. Sometimes we need to play the character to function in life, for example when we are at work or interacting with family. As well, there can be patterns that appear related to the character. For example, the body may feel like or dislike for certain types of foods, activities, people etc. . . I would keep returning to that witness awareness and notice when the mind becomes immersed into the character. As well, it’s helpful to spendi time doing things in which the character is unnecessary. Notice all the inputs in your life which re-enforces this character. There are hundreds of inputs daily. Get some space from that. For example, if you go for a hike in nature, the character isn’t needed. You don’t need to play the character of your life in nature. You can simply observe and be in nature.

I’d also be mindful of the ego’s tendency to take ownerships of this witness as the new “me”. There can be new identification that “I” am some type of higher witness to this lower self I’d like to get rid of. This can create a “good self” vs. “bad self” dynamic which is all “self”.

@Shmurda Develop single pointed focus. While meditating focus on ❤️. 

Completelly surrender. Forget everything like non of this stuff ever happened like you never lived life at all. Want Truth for its' own sake and that's it. 

You can do it with meditation but take that 5 meo stuff it will save your time. 

Self Realization is death and if you are really into Leo's level of awakening then that's what will have to face accept and go through. You don't have to but if you are really into it then you will actually die. 

Best "experience" there is but it is so terrifying. Hardest part comes after Self Realization it's all sweet philosophical stuff before it. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

2 hours ago, Shmurda said:

Hi guys

I've been on the path for about two years now. I'm well versed in no-dual teachings, practice meditation daily and have had some breakthrough psychedelic experiences where I experienced myself as God. 

Given there’s been a couple of awakenings already, it sounds like the mind stands to be more expanded to ‘house’ the awakening, so it doesn’t fizzle away again. Wrapping your head around what quantum mechanics says / points to comes to mind, as well as transcending paradox. 

Something that might air well with that, which is very simple and possibly even fun...use a pen & pad of paper, and write “what is the reality”...and write everything that comes to mind, and as you go, ‘undercut’, or ‘get under’ every thing you come up with. Example... Reality is “matter”...what is matter? “Atoms”...what are atoms? Etc

There actually isn’t one. It only seems so in believing the thoughts, the narrative about there being one. Forgive the linguistics, but live in perception and feeling. Through out your day consciously breathe from the stomach and feel the breath & body, from the feel of the breath through the entire body and ‘outward’ into the air / room, and gently hold visual attention directly ‘in front of you’. When attention goes to thoughts, return to perception & feeling ( / breathing). 

Also, to get some ‘slap in the face Wake Up!’ In there....take a few minutes each day to contemplate your final bow in this place. Contemplate everything you wanted to do but didn’t, everything you wanted to experience but didn’t, everyone you wanted to love, but didn’t...and now it’s too late. 

Also, try the ‘ghost it’ approach. Spend a half hour walkin around pretending, convincing yourself to the fullest degree you can - that it’s literally actually the truth - that you’re already dead. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

One way is to astral project then say “non dual state now”. That is what I use whenev out of body to “die”. 

As one of the posters aptly pointed, you can't really die. What dies is the ego (your sense of separation or your false beliefs/programs). The only thing that can die is the ego body mind, the separate body mind. Of course you don't want to kill your physical body vehicle before you kill the separate ego mind. Could get rid of ego through methods that work best for you, there are many.... They all involve single pointed focus. Whatever works best. For a positive / affirmative approach focus on the sense of oneness or on the sense of being. For a negative / elimination approach focus on removing your sense of separation and your false or limiting beliefs. For getting back on track, use self inquiry or belief inquiry / investigation.

Contemplate these questions: Where do I go after I die? What existed before I was born? What existed before the universe existed? What is outside the universe? What is nothing? What is infinity?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Help me dig a hole (without a shovel)

Basically ur gonna wanna squat down and use your bare fingers to claw at the dirt until the hole is the desired depth. If your fingers start to hurt then just take a break.

Lol fr tho. Focus your attention on the feeling or "I am." That feeling is prior to everything else. Stay with that.

Btw... shovels exist and they save a lot of time and effort. 

Good luck!

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

7 hours ago, Shmurda said:

Any tips on how to get the self to actually die? 

Love yourself to death. 

On 21/06/2020 at 2:55 AM, Shmurda said:

Hi guys

There is no “self” in which exists and can die. It’s an adamantly believed illusion. 

I recommend that you explore your experience beyond your thoughts about it.

Inquire into your belief of a seperate self - critique it, explore it and examine it.

Spend long periods contemplating your experience without thinking yourself into it. Freely observe your experience and let go of any thoughts that inform you otherwise. 

It is much like you have observed a mirage in a dessert and believe it to be water. What you must do is go up to it and see that is was an mirage all along so the belief can then dissolve. The illusion of self cannot be seen as one until you have dissolved all attachments to it.

Edited by Jacobsrw

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

That it’s literally actually the truth - that you’re already dead. 

Yup baby 6 feet under already. Walking in my own tomb. I love this guy. Very truthful. Knows everything  so I can't BS him, verry shitty feeling I must add. 

There ain't no world guys you made entire thing up. ? There is only you, alone tripping your balls out with everything, including this forum. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Now lets prove that I made it all up. Entire "life". 

I  date Grace Elizabeth. 

Nonsensical lol. 

--

Edited by cnfvm

3 hours ago, cnfvm said:

You shouldn't think of dying, until you figure out LIARS. Otherwise you are just being pathetic.

o.O?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.