Mada_

The Way of the Superior Man: Practical Exercises

6 posts in this topic

This question is for people who have read David Deida's book "The Way of the Superior Man", and implemented the physical exercises he recommends, or people who practice sexual yoga:

Deida describes an exercise where you contract the anus and the perineum, causing the testicles to contract whilst doing this. The purpose being to allow the ejaculation to shoot up the rather than spilling out of the penis, causing a full-body blissful experience.

He says to practice such contractions 20 times, four times a day, holding each contraction as long as possible. Which made me wonder, that would be a lot of contracting such muscles. Because I think I could hold in my perineum and anus for a very very long time. The instruction of as long as you can confuses me a lot e.g. in a Hatha yoga practice I have been initiated into, I am apply the same principles to a dynamic exercise, and I have often thought to myself "gosh, what do they mean 'as long as possible', if I really pushed myself, I bet I could do this all day". 

So in summary my question is: Does "as long as you can" really mean to do something "until you're tired or uncomfortable"? And also, for those who have implemented Deida's practices, did you actually sit down and do such practices, or did you just contract the muscles whilst doing your daily tasks?

Thanks

Its so you don't nut in 3secs lololol. 

Practice the sutras in a relationship. Deida talks about purpose, life path, and direction over beta thirst. Limp or weak man of the modern day. No backbone or spine. Soy boy. Its a profound read and one every man should read especially in the fatherless society we have today. Similar to anything in life, its all about action taking and follow through. 

Hey man! That's a really great question. You're wondering how to get started safely and the best / most convenient / still effective way to do the exercise?  I recently listened to the audiobook and this part stood out to me as well.

I'd recommend starting the same as anything, with smaller steps. Say, 5 contractions, 2 or 3 times a day. Then every week bump it up a little bit by adding 5 more reps or move to 3 or 4 times a day. 

That's how I would personally do it. Same with meditation or yoga. Challenge yourself but in a way you can tolerate / keep up with.

Working out the same muscle every day is not the most effective approach to building strength. It’s better to have a more intense workout once every say three days. Be it the pc muscle or whatnot.

8 hours ago, Spiral said:

Working out the same muscle every day is not the most effective approach to building strength. It’s better to have a more intense workout once every say three days. Be it the pc muscle or whatnot.

I am a meat heat. On a 6day split combine with intermittent fasting. The results are aesthetic. The gym is closed so, i am doing more functional training. I have gymnastic rings and I do calisthenics. 

Thread starter, like anything, its all about reps. I think every single thing is a process and about repetitions. A gf or fwb is a good start. 

@Blacksmith Thankyou mate. I thought this was a really great strategy and implemented it the other day.