ROOBIO

How do you become more creative?

15 posts in this topic

You get in a habit of creating shit and being productive

Edited by Hello from Russia

The essence of creativity is not-knowing.

Contemplate something until you achieve that state. From there creativity becomes a more natural process.

2 minutes ago, Arzola said:

The essence of creativity is not-knowing.

True... but also knowing ALOT can increase creativity!

Definitely create stuff. Do it for yourself. Say "I'm painting / writing / making jokes to get better at being creative. Focus on what you're trying to do. Get better at the process of creating.

It kind of shields you from some common forms of discouragement like worrying if people will like it, not being satisfied with your work, being nervous at first and wanting it to be great right away.

For example: I wanted to practice writing music and after resisting it for years I eventually just started writing. Were the songs great? Not really but I was so damn proud of the fact that I was brave enough to make them anyway. Later after practice and more creating they've gotten much better!

I hope that makes sense. I got this advice from the photographer Peter McKinnon and his rule that "Done is better than perfect" Do your best but know when to stop working on a specific creation and continue learning the creative process itself.

In general one has to connect two different things and you already have something new. If you do it more times you might have something interesting once in a while out of it. For example I do like shuffle dance videos. Back in the time I enjoyed some bollywood songs. The combination sounds quite new. So I search in youtube with the keywords. Vuala! Now I am going to post it in the dance thread.

James Altucher's 10 ideas a day

I am a huge fan of that guy and in particular of his "10 ideas a day" idea: https://jamesaltucher.com/2014/05/the-ultimate-guide-for-becoming-an-idea-machine/ If you're lazy, here's what it is about: each day you pick a random topic and come up with 10 ideas (not necessarily good ones). After 180 days you become super-creative and super-efficient at problem-solving. Plus some of those 1800 ideas may turn out to be good business ideas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Startup_Ideas/comments/86md95/james_altuchers_10_ideas_a_day/

I offer a quick hack. Lube yourself. Basically get your brainwaves somewhere in a range between low alpha and mid theta.

3 Hz - 8 Hz - Deep relaxation, meditation, lucid dreaming, increased memory, focus, and creativity.

6.5 Hz - Activates the frontal lobe which controls creativity.

6 Hz - 10 Hz - Creative visualization, starts at 6Hz and moves up to 10Hz.

7.5 Hz - Creative thought is activated for music, art, invention, and problem solving. Overcoming troublesome issues or problems due to ease in finding solutions through re-evaluation. This is a type of inter-awareness of self purpose.

8.3 Hz - Heightens clairvoyance around visual images and metal objects

Edited by Yog

4 minutes ago, Himanshu said:

@Yog How do you get the exact frequencies? Do you use an app? 

-I create them myself in Audition. You can also create them in Audacity or any software of that kind with no more than an hour of training, its actually quite simple once you understand how they work.

-Tom Campbell recommended this free, open-source site to create them. I haven't tried it yet.
http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/

-I am sure there is also an app, but not sure if there is a free one that can do exact frequencies.

On 19/06/2020 at 11:51 PM, ROOBIO said:

Try facing boredom for like 2 hours.

unborn Truth

Not sure in what avenue you are trying to be more creative in, but with writing, the best ideas ALWAYS come when I write. It usually takes around 20 minutes. I can literally be totally unmotivated and uncreative but once I get into the flow creativity happens of itself.

"I" don't become creative, "I" let's creativity happen.  

4 hours ago, ajasatya said:

Try facing boredom for like 2 hours.

That brings the question how to face boredom for 2 hours? There are levels to boredom btw

7 minutes ago, Epikur said:

That brings the question how to face boredom for 2 hours? There are levels to boredom btw

Zazen. Sit down facing a wall.

unborn Truth