TrustTheProcess

Resources For INFP's

72 posts in this topic

Cool thread :) I will look for some stuff later I am INFP

On 6/19/2020 at 10:54 PM, Adam M said:

So true

Great resources. . . I had been going back and forth between INTP and INFP, yet the more I learn the more I’m resonating with INFP. I few misconceptions I had: I thought I was more INTP because I think a lot, I’m not that creative, my career is in science and I’m not a very emotional person. Yet the more I read about INFP the more I’m recontextualizing. For example, I’m not “creative” in the sense of creating art or music. I have more of an internal imaginative creativity, with no output. I’ll be hiking in nature and go into creative dreamscapes as creative as any book, movie, painting I’ve seen. Yet there is no output. The hike ends and that’s it. I usually don’t feel a desire for it to be manifested by writing a book or painting. I didn’t think that this counted as “creative”. . . Also, I don’t think the “feeling” part is just about experiencing feelings - like getting emotional a lot - angry, crying etc. A lot of my “feeling” component is more like a sensing, an essence. Like when I watch a movie, I often relate and get immersed into the “essence” of the characters, rather than analyzing the plot and nitpicking about how some things are illogical or unrealistic. . . So even though I think a lot, it seems the thinking is more an expression of an underlying “essence” and “creativity”, rather than simply thinking analytically for the sake of thinking analytically. Similar to how I use math. I don’t use math for the sake of engaging math. I use math as a tool for an underlying purpose that has more value. 

@Serotoninluv The personality types are a scale or measurement of dualities and distinctions so I think the more deeply we get into this work, the less sense our personality types make to some degree. We find we're more able to open up and show up more as needed per situation, in the moment. It is really helpful to know what your set points and strengths are though. I test INFP now, was INFJ years ago before discovering Leo's videos.

Most of my life has been guided more about how I felt about things than how I thought about them. It was a strength because I ended up doing counter-intuitive things that were logically pretty stupid but felt right and ended up being very rewarding and successful. On the flip side, my emotions were so strong that I suffered. A lot. By learning to think things through more, I was able to see through the suffering. Sometimes I think of sensations as feeling and emotions as some arbitrary space between feeling and thinking. We can't really, actually separate thought, emotion and feelings at all. It all happens together as one.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I was an INFJ a year ago when I took the test, now INFP. Thanks for the resources :)

hrhrhtewgfegege

9 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Great resources. . . I had been going back and forth between INTP and INFP, yet the more I learn the more I’m resonating with INFP. I few misconceptions I had: I thought I was more INTP because I think a lot, I’m not that creative, my career is in science and I’m not a very emotional person. Yet the more I read about INFP the more I’m recontextualizing. For example, I’m not “creative” in the sense of creating art or music. I have more of an internal imaginative creativity, with no output. I’ll be hiking in nature and go into creative dreamscapes as creative as any book, movie, painting I’ve seen. Yet there is no output. The hike ends and that’s it. I usually don’t feel a desire for it to be manifested by writing a book or painting. I didn’t think that this counted as “creative”. . . Also, I don’t think the “feeling” part is just about experiencing feelings - like getting emotional a lot - angry, crying etc. A lot of my “feeling” component is more like a sensing, an essence. Like when I watch a movie, I often relate and get immersed into the “essence” of the characters, rather than analyzing the plot and nitpicking about how some things are illogical or unrealistic. . . So even though I think a lot, it seems the thinking is more an expression of an underlying “essence” and “creativity”, rather than simply thinking analytically for the sake of thinking analytically. Similar to how I use math. I don’t use math for the sake of engaging math. I use math as a tool for an underlying purpose that has more value. 

Feeling has to do with having a sense of right/wrong and good/bad. This model does not account for how connected to actuality (meditative) a person is, which is one of it's major flaws.

Edited by Akemrelax

Fascinating... I'm amazed how accurate this is, I am a INFP-A and my wife is ENFP-A. Just spot on - wow. Lot of cool insights coming. I do struggle with structure, being too idealistic starting projects and having a really hard time finishing/ continuing. Also taking care of myself, having enough alone time, saving money etc. Psychedelics have really helped me to love myself more as I am, and thus let go of a lot of forcefulness and restlessness. And as I gain clarity it is easier to deal with my weaknesses.

I am doing life coach training since 9 months and have been really blown away by the personal growth (much thanks to gaining the clarity and courage through being coached to work with psychedelics). I feel I'm becoming more balanced, patient and loving. I'm slowing down, realizing how much I love HARMONY. Now working to integrate insights about *everything is Love* to make the many aspects of life flow harmoniously together.

Has anyone read the "Mediator Guidebook" on 16personalities.com? Looks promising!

Edited by Marten

Everything IS LOVE, everything is music... :x

2 hours ago, Elham said:

This thread is so encouraging, love this video, thanks for sharing! :x

I started life coach training after doing Leo's life purpose course a second time. I didn't know I am INFP until a couple of days ago. This really confirms to me I am on the right track - feeling quite relieved as I've invested so much time, money and energy into coaching. It's beginning to make more and more sense. I currently work as a registered nurse since several years, which I am only now starting to really enjoy, as I've been getting started with exploring psychedelics in the past five months.

I love the idea of helping others heal and awaken. Awakening is the greatest magic. Have been trying to get a coaching business going but find marketing challenging. I got to the point where I wanted to work specifically with people who want coaching/ support on working with psychedelics, but found I wasn't ready to talk about it/ market myself that way. I've been feeling inexperienced and inauthentic. So I've pulled back on the business part, for now. Slowing down to give myself more space to integrate. Now that I've realized that *everything is Love*, it's become a lot easier to do so. Embracing being a nurse like never before!

I'd love to hear from other INFP's, your impressions, any thoughts/ feelings that come to mind with this. :) I know it is hard to share as an INFP, but man it would be awesome if you did! :D

On 27/06/2020 at 6:26 AM, Forestluv said:

Come on, you should know that a personality type isn't about specific kinds of actions (e.g. making a painting) but about thought processes (brainstorming, imagined scenes). Thinking doesnt mean thinking. In Jungian type, to Think roughly means to use logic, but colloquially, to think can refer to any internal cognition. So the businessman is more of a Thinker than the philosopher in my cases. Although philosophers can also be INTP. INTP are concerned with logic, such as maths and definitions. INFJ can do maths and definitions too, for example myself. INFP are good with reading people, thinking in terms of values and "humanistic reasoning" (my term). Both INxPs are brainstormers, pattern surfers. They pick up on trends unfolding around them. INXJs are more about more global trends that can be seen conceptually.

I can type people by forum posts. I might have a go of that later if people are interested.

3 hours ago, Artsu said:

I can type people by forum posts. I might have a go of that later if people are interested.

That would be interesting. I’ve read criticisms about various online tests. I’m curious about accurate one could be either in person or via forum posts. 

20 hours ago, Forestluv said:

That would be interesting. I’ve read criticisms about various online tests. I’m curious about accurate one could be either in person or via forum posts. 

Ok i might type the people who post in these threads and make a claim about their type. I'll see if i can agree or disagree after looking at some posts.

Hopefully it wont be taken the wrong way, people can get pretty defensive about having their type questioned. Should be ok though.

I just want to make this post about the nature of thinking and feeling. I feel it is relevant to the discussion, and i want to post it somewhere so i can refer back to it later.

Feeling divides things into good and bad, with a degree of belief.

Thinking divides things into true and false, with a degree of confidence.

You have to interpret the terms belief and confidence in terms of already knowing what the functions are. Belief and confidence both refer to how much one sees something as correct, but by differing criteria. Is the criteria values or logic based?

Edited by Artsu

@Artsu Feel free to do me too, I haven't posted much yet, but perhaps it's enough?