Leo Gura

Resources For INTP's

169 posts in this topic

On 11/25/2020 at 6:41 AM, integral said:

These guys type thousands of people each year, in a 512 type system, with all that data patterns reveal themselves.

Ya, their process seems pretty reliable. 

They basically get videos of someone (whether celebs in interviews of actual people who send them videos answering questions) and they each look at the same person's video in separate rooms and try to type them out of their 512 types.

They say they've gotten like 80% or 90% accuracy (meaning that they each get the same type using their checklist out of 512 types 80-90 percent of the time). 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

They've also found that about 50% of the people they type they call "jumpers".  Meaning that their second strongest function is actually their 3rd function rather than their 2nd function.

So, say you're a traditional MBTI INTP, your stack would be...

1. Introverted Thinking (Ti)  --  "What works for me?"
  2. Extraverted Intuition (Ne)  -- Gathering concepts
  3. Introverted Sensing (Si)  --  Organizing physical stuff
  4. Extraverted Feeling (Fe)   -- "What does the tribe value?"

But, if you're a jumper, it would be...

1. Introverted Thinking
  2. Introverted Sensing
  3. Extraverted intuition
  4. Extraverted Feeling.
Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

As an INTP, I would recommend the books written by Aj Drenth, particularly the one with the red cover. The insights there are staggering. It feels both weird as fuck and also uplifting to know others experience the world with such profound similarity as myself despite being raised in such different social contexts/families. 

Combining insights from type theory and spiral can lead to a very nuanced, empowering view of the world. 

Edited by DieFree

2 hours ago, flyingguitarist said:

@DieFree I do have his "16 personality types " book ,which one are you telling ?

The INTP: Personality… etc.