Leo Gura

Resources For INTP's

169 posts in this topic

On 19.6.2020 at 10:50 AM, Max_V said:

Damn what he says at 4:12.

He says that Intp's see the outside world through a 'fuzzy' lense. So it's easier to imagine what other things the object could be.

I always felt that but never knew how to articulate it, because I'm not vision impaired. In general, I always had a 'cautious' approach to reality, not taking things to seriously, because I had the intuition that life can be very deceptive.

I'd be interested to know what % of participants on this forum register as INTP. Has anyone set up a poll for this?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:28 PM, Leo Gura said:

Since many of us here are INTPs I thought it would be useful to start a collection of resources for this personality type.

If there is high demand, we can do the same for some other popular types.

Make another One hehe for us INFP's ?

On 7/1/2020 at 11:08 PM, John Iverson said:

Make another One hehe for us INFP's ?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

The money shot:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 24/06/2020 at 4:00 AM, Godhead said:

He says that Intp's see the outside world through a 'fuzzy' lense. So it's easier to imagine what other things the object could be.

I always felt that but never knew how to articulate it, because I'm not vision impaired. In general, I always had a 'cautious' approach to reality, not taking things to seriously, because I had the intuition that life can be very deceptive.

So you actually do see the outside world through a fuzzy lens? That's interesting, because the theory suggests that that's how NPs should be, but i wasn't sure if it was truly the case.

I can see around me clearly, but my memories are fuzzy.

On 24/06/2020 at 4:00 AM, Godhead said:

He says that Intp's see the outside world through a 'fuzzy' lense.

ahhh so that's why all INTPs have glasses. Always wondered why they did. Now I know. Thanks.

Not really a "resource", but this video is sooo INTP:

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I am so confused with MBTI, is there a legit test anyway?

Whatever test i do i take 80-95% Introvert  90-100% Intuitive, and the rest is hell depending on how i feel, and always with little percentage on preference. Most times it is INFJ and INTP.  

I see the funtion stacks of INTP and INFJ and i cant even say which 4 i am using like wtf.

4 hours ago, M4sti said:

I am so confused with MBTI, is there a legit test anyway?

Whatever test i do i take 80-95% Introvert  90-100% Intuitive, and the rest is hell depending on how i feel, and always with little percentage on preference. Most times it is INFJ and INTP.  

I see the funtion stacks of INTP and INFJ and i cant even say which 4 i am using like wtf.

The tests are kinda meh. Just read about the cognitive functions and see if it resonnates with you. I keep landing on INFP and INTP on the tests.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Leo Gura (or @ anyone here who's knowledgeable about psychology as a field of study).

Just out of curiosity, how rigorous is the Myers-Briggs personality profile as a psychological model? From what I've heard from various people in the psychological community is that the Myers-Briggs profile is something that isn't taken seriously by professionals; just wondering if it's possible that I'm missing something here. 

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

12 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

@Leo Gura (or @ anyone here who's knowledgeable about psychology as a field of study).

Just out of curiosity, how rigorous is the Myers-Briggs personality profile as a psychological model? From what I've heard from various people in the psychological community is that the Myers-Briggs profile is something that isn't taken seriously by professionals; just wondering if it's possible that I'm missing something here. 

Research cognitive functions. The Myers Briggs is concerned with letter dichotomies which is highly inaccurate.

I'm an INTJ and the original reason for me being here on this Forum, watching Leo Gura's videos and living by his advice is a former INTP friend of mine. Thing is, it's been a while since I talked to him, but we were very best friends in college and I wish him peace, success and happiness.

MBTI is an ok model, but I also learned that in the end, it is just a model like other models out there, so it's not gospel.

About resources, I recommend this website and Leo's channel, but I do dabble in lots of random stuff when I have time on my hands.

I've never heard of INTP before, but after some research I'm pretty certain I am very much one.

I am constantly over conceptualizing everything. Have any of you found a best way of getting out of this state of mind? Meditation hasn't really helped. A recent mushroom trip I done showed me how being stuck in my head and analysing everything constantly is causing me alot of suffering. Maybe doing some more trips on psychedelics will help  get into my body more seamlessly .