Leo Gura

Resources For INTP's

169 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@electroBeam A chair is form but not ego, even if it's a result of ego.  Spirituality is also a result of some sort of ego, a weaker one.

yep agree, but personality is not ego, so isn't the body (yet the word body is a very loaded term with lots of illusion and falsehood attached to it)

Edited by electroBeam

24 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

yep agree, but personality is not ego, so isn't the body (yet the word body is a very loaded term with lots of illusion and falsehood attached to it)

personality still has ego or maybe ego still has personality - either ego is a trait of personality or personality is a trait of ego ;)

Edited by remember

5 minutes ago, remember said:

personality still has ego or maybe ego still has personality - either ego is a trait of personality or personality is a trait of ego ;)

illusion doesn't mean something doesn't exist, it means its different to what you think it is. A mirage looks like water, but its actually just heat reflecting off the ground. The water doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean the heat reflecting off the ground doesn't exist.

Personality is the heat reflecting off the ground, and ego is the water. 

I wonder if a similar thread for INFPs/INFJs would be useful. I would imagine that they’d also be pretty common here, since these types are very into spirituality, self-discovery, creativity, etc 

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

I've received around 4 different results each time i've done it, years apart and in different moods. When I take it now I intuitively know what responses will lead to whatever result and I'm biased towards getting whatever one I think is the coolest at this point in time. I've been INFP lately.

Do you guys believe in this stuff? How valid do you think it is? Will it serve my life in anyway or is it another excuse to bolster a false sense of self?  

I think that the only way you can evaluate your true personality is through honest introspection which might take years. It can't be answered by picking some random answers to some broad questions that don't even apply in many circumstances.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If there is high demand, we can do the same for some other popular types.

PLEASE!!

You could define ego to be everything selfish in you - everything that keeps on insisting that you are 'a poor little me' in a cruel world...a separate self...a victim that has to fight to survive.

Personality is just personality. Of course, one's personality can be greatly influenced by ego. But you can have a special kind of personality without much ego.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

2 hours ago, Apparition of Jack said:

I wonder if a similar thread for INFPs/INFJs would be useful. I would imagine that they’d also be pretty common here, since these types are very into spirituality, self-discovery, creativity, etc 

I'm INFP, I think the difference/similarity between feeling and thinking is incredibly interesting when it comes to meditation and awakening. I hypothesize that feelers are gonna breakthrough through thinking, thinkers gonna breakthrough through emotion. Not that one can be separated from the other, but it seems that way to us so we are more conscious of and favor one over the other. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

35 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I'm INFP, I think the difference/similarity between feeling and thinking is incredibly interesting when it comes to meditation and awakening. I hypothesize that feelers are gonna breakthrough through thinking, thinkers gonna breakthrough through emotion. Not that one can be separated from the other, but it seems that way to us so we are more conscious of and favor one over the other. 

i‘m the same as the girl who introduces the intp in the youtube video. i also thought you‘d be more an extrovert, somehow. but she says she does not have many introverted traits, what is somehow fascinating as she seems reflected. i also see that the personality type is not saying extremely much about how a person seems to be, in the beginning of the vid i thought she was also an introvert. although i somehow get that reflection might sit on another marker of the code than on the first.

@remember No, I will play the role of extrovert when I'm passionate enough about something though.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I honestly don't know if I'm INTP or INFP. Two years ago I would easily have been the former but recently I'm leaning toward the latter...

It's Love.

36 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@remember No, I will play the role of extrovert when I'm passionate enough about something though.

sounds more like you xD

About Ego vs Personality, I've found this nice article on quora.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-ego-and-personality

some good distinctions I've found are 

"ego is a very busy mental structure; personality is a stable configuration of behavior patterns."

"Personality means the virtues which build an individual's character.
Ego is the way a person wants to feel important.
Most of the time ego dampens our personality."

and the best one

"None. Personality is what your ego uses to interact with others. Individuality is the song the universe sings through you. Authenticity comes from expressing your individuality while all your weaknesses, fears, and limitations live within your personality."

Edited by Amit
add

3 minutes ago, Amit said:

About Ego vs Personality, I've found this nice article on quora.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-ego-and-personality

some good distinctions I've found are 

"ego is a very busy mental structure; personality is a stable configuration of behavior patterns."

"Personality means the virtues which build an individual's character.
Ego is the way a person wants to feel important.
Most of the time ego dampens our personality."

@remember

@Amit

Interesting stuff! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

14 minutes ago, modmyth said:

Meanwhile, I used to have questions constantly about their methodology and the soundness of their practice.... Some of the interpretations and conclusions people come to as a result of their experiences = ?????

the clue is: no methodology - intuition is stretching the mind into the bodymind, senses, emotions and thoughts (as if thoughts were not emotions) work together in another orchestrated symphony than yours - emotional intelligence is sth you can learn and therefore sometimes learned in a family in a special form it can be also educated in a practical sense. in that, its not really one method but individual methods built on multiple factors - cognition is probably much more complex than a four letter code. maybe not...

1 minute ago, modmyth said:

I don't just mean in a subjective sense (what the experience means to that psychic personally within their own belief system), I mean in a universal sense.

yes, although that’s subjective, the way you perceive the world is through your eyes or ?. which is a special way of sensing the world, objectively speaking you have preset pictures of how sth has to look be or felt. your universe or metaphysics is your own belief system.

11 minutes ago, modmyth said:

I've noticed that psychics tend have this tendency to drown in their own belief systems.

drowning in it... mh... yes maybe, or if you learn to swim... it can happen that it’s overwhelming, difficult, entangling, like you start out blind and have to find your way out of a labyrinth while slowly starting to see. abilities and so called disadvantages often come in a package. that which may make a person lovable or successful or visionary makes the person vulnerable and vulnerability we sometimes don’t want to admit. 

you could say drowning in water or in sand is very different, it’s still drowning though.

20 minutes ago, modmyth said:

Also, self-awareness of your means (methodology) and motive is a great thing. You're still using a method even if it's not a conscious or deliberate thing, and sometimes there are, well... structural flaws.  

when i‘m jumping on a trampoline i‘m not exactly using a method. the structural flaw might be if the trampoline would be not flexible enough for me to jump high or if it would throw me into the air too high, so high i couldn’t perform the next jump or land on the trampoline again, so i would maybe have other structural problems landing on the not so soft floor. structurally speaking there is not really one perfect structure. chaos is without structure until structure forms - we tend to have flaws.