WaveInTheOcean

What is fear? Ultimately, fundamentally.

11 posts in this topic

What is fear ultimately, fundamentally, when you break it all down? This:

Fear is fear of you not being able to share love with all other selves in existence.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

The legimitate reasons for not being able to do selfless sharing of love are:

- physical death in and of itself
- a severe physical/mental illness
- total social exclusion
- lack of enough money and resources to do it
- lack of sastification of direct survival-needs such as hunger, sleep, sex, appreciation from others, general safety, a home etc.
- lack of enough love from others during childhood (because this makes you emotionally and unconsciously believe that you are not worthy and good enough to be selfless, i.e. share love.)

And nothing more. This lists include all possible reasons of you not being able to share love unconditionally, i.e. be completely selfless.
So all the things mentioned in the list you can -- already do, did or will -- fear...because of ultimately, because of *that*, being unable to share love with others.

Physical death is the most obvious one (and all the other fears listed stem from that). But it is also the most mysterious/paradoxical one: because physical death will make you become Love in and of itself, which naturally means that there no longer is a 'you' that can practice selflessness/share love.

Illness you can sometimes prevent and sometimes you can't.

Social exclusion can be avoided by learning.

The needed money and resources (including mental 'know-how') can be accumulated if your will is strong enough. Same goes for hunger, sleep, sex, appreciation from others, safety.
(This doesn't necessarily apply if you live in a severe third world country, though).

If you are so unlucky to have become a traumatized adult due to insane neglect/lack of love during early childhood, you need psychedelics or some other extreme measure that can reprogram your unconscious emotional workings (could maybe be extreme love/selflessness from another adult person, but unlikely to work, since you will probably reject his/her love in various ways, since you deep-down know you are not worthy of it).

Of course, if you could recognize that physical death will only make your false self (the person you believe you are) unable to share love, not your true self (Love itself), then that would make selfless love-sharing A LOT easier :-)

Anyway, anytime you are not acting in a selfless, unconditional love-sharing way (unconditional means also loving yourself, as well as all others, equally), it is because of fear..... of death ...... and that fear of death is fundamentally a fear of then being unable to do selfless sharing of love. (When you are death, or when you are very ill, you can't do it, obviously enough).

So you ultimately need to let go of fear to actually unconditionally selflessly love yourself, the world and all others.

And the only way to let completely go of fear is to deeply and directly recognize that what we normally consider death to be, is a grand illusion, and that what death actually is, is that it is totally and wholly equal to: Love.

The only thing that dies during physical death is the limited, imaginary body-mind-person-ego; i.e. it is a character - a role - that dies. What remains after death is exactly that which were acting to be that role, i.e. that which wore the mask of the ego/person. And that is Love. And Love is equal to God, Consciousness, The Self, Nothingness, Oneness, Infinity, The Universe, etc., whatever you wanna call it. But it is loving and good. It is Love.

Why does God not just stay God all the time to avoid feeling fear?

- Because God is infinitely selfless. And that would be selfish of God.
- Because God can't love itself without imagining 'other'.

You see: other = you = God

If God didn't imagine itself to be fragmented and separate from itself, God would then not be able to love itself.

It is only by you imagining that you are separate, that you are able to love others... And then, ultimately, you will come to realize --- either by an awakening inside the dream of this life, or by a number of physical deaths and then awakening in some other life --- that 'others' are 100% equal to 'you', i.e. that you actually never were separate; you were always One, you were always God, always Love itself.

So, of course, this is the ultimate paradox of reality: In order to become infinitely selfless, infinitely loving, you have to let go of the fear of death. But in order to let go of the fear of death, you have to experience what death is! You see? 

Letting completely go of the fear of death is only possible by actually dying. Then you can directly experience that what you thought death was, was actually Love itself!

Luckily -- or actually not luckily, because of course! -- it IS possible to directly experience/become conscious of what death is, without physically killing the body.

However, one ego-death most often won't do it alone. You need, after an initial ego-death-awakening, to actually then become concious of that which remains beyond ego: Love. And it isn't necessarily easy to become fully concious of it, i.e. yourself. It may take many more 'awakenings', more time, more understanding. After all, Love is limitless and infinite, so there is always room for more understanding for the limited human being.

May you all surrender and let go ?
May you all wake up ?
Love ❤️

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

14 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

What is fear ultimately, fundamentally, when you break it all down?

"FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real" (Dwoskin, 2018) :) I guess it is just a thought projected into the future if we break it down.

Yes, every problem we have stems from the desire to be separate, to survive, control and be loved.

The shortcut to the awakening is to rest as awareness in the present moment. This is so healing, because present moment does not have any issues. Our mind is always lost in the thoughts about past and future, that creates fear. 

Thank you for the post.

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

44 minutes ago, Galyna said:

"FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real" (Dwoskin, 2018) :) I guess it is just a thought projected into the future if we break it down.

Yes, every problem we have stems from the desire to be separate, to survive, control and be loved.

The shortcut to the awakening is to rest as awareness in the present moment. This is so healing, because present moment does not have any issues. Our mind is always lost in the thoughts about past and future, that creates fear. 

Thank you for the post.

<3

"Yes, every problem we have stems from the desire to be separate, to survive, control and be loved." .

Yes. Even the potential to have any problems at all stem from this. If there were no desire to survive, there would be no conscious separate beings, there would be no problems. But that also means that there would be no love. So of course there are selfish actions, of course there are problems. It all happens out of and due to: Love! <3

"The shortcut to the awakening is to rest as awareness in the present moment. This is so healing, because present moment does not have any issues. Our mind is always lost in the thoughts about past and future, that creates fear. "

Truth spoken. Let go to the present moment, and peace will naturally come to you ... If you can let go.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean actually I can for a while. Yesterday I had a negative emotion, started to observe it. I let go the desire to control but was stuck on feeling, this “after taste” after being upset. So I asked myself “can I let go of the desire to remedy my inner sensation?” And then magic happened. As soon as I allowed myself to let go of the situation when I was stuck on negative feeling,  that unpleasant feeling disappeared within couple of minutes. All you had to do is to let go. Hope by letting go will lead me to the realization of my true nature. But I have to let go a lot, even my dreams. ? 

This is so hard, I don’t know if I am ready. 

Thanks for sharing your insight, been thinking about fear too.

6 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

If you are so unlucky to have become a traumatized adult due to insane neglect/lack of love during early childhood

lol, I think this is the norm not the exception.

What I've come to is that fear is the reaction you have towards something you perceive as a threat to your self. You feel the emotion of fear and you push that thing away from you. Fear is the opposite of love.

What's interesting is that there is A LOT of shame attached to fear. In spiritual circles fear is considered bad and I dunno about women but men especially think that if you feel fear then that is very very bad because you are a coward if you do. So they try hide the fact that they feel fear and put on a fake courageous / loving act. While in reality that's absurd because nobody is invulnerable and there's nothing wrong with perceiving danger and trying to keep your self safe.

Edited by crab12

7 hours ago, Galyna said:

@WaveInTheOcean actually I can for a while. Yesterday I had a negative emotion, started to observe it. I let go the desire to control but was stuck on feeling, this “after taste” after being upset. So I asked myself “can I let go of the desire to remedy my inner sensation?” And then magic happened. As soon as I allowed myself to let go of the situation when I was stuck on negative feeling,  that unpleasant feeling disappeared within couple of minutes. All you had to do is to let go. Hope by letting go will lead me to the realization of my true nature. But I have to let go a lot, even my dreams. ? 

This is so hard, I don’t know if I am ready. 

Beautiful. You are always ready to progress towards discovering what is ultimately true -- i.e. to progress towards liberation/awakening. Don't worry about that. It will happen at its own pace no matter what 'you' do.

Yes, the key to negative emotions is to not resist them. Observe them, let them be. Don't control. Even let yourself fully go and just immerse yourself in the raw qualia-feeling of the so-called "negative" emotion itself. What happens when you fully let go of control and have absolutely no desire to change anything about the present moment / the Now ?? What happens is that you stop unconsciously, emotionally seeing it/labelling it as "negative" or "positive": it just becomes part of the present moment. And then it actually becomes beautiful. All emotions are beautiful in their own right. Absolutely beautiful. Absolute love.

6 hours ago, crab12 said:

Thanks for sharing your insight, been thinking about fear too.

lol, I think this is the norm not the exception.

What I've come to is that fear is the reaction you have towards something you perceive as a threat to your self. You feel the emotion of fear and you push that thing away from you. Fear is the opposite of love.

<3

Yes, everyone are somewhat traumatized by their childhood. But you can often become conscious of this and remedy it, if you are willing to put it in the work.
I was talking about extreme neglect/extreme lack of love. This is not the norm, although there are still way too many who have been exposed to this.

Yes, fear is a reaction towards something you perceive as a threat to yourself. It is relatively speaking the opposite of love, yes. Absolutely speaking it is Love though, just as everything is. Nothing is not Love.

What I was doing in this post was to go full-circle to show that, yes, fear is a reaction towards something you perceive as a threat to yourself,... --> so that if 'yourself' got damaged too much/died, then you wouldn't be able to participate in the sharing of Love with all other beings...<-- this is what you actually fear. Of course the Cosmos is designed in such a way that everyone -- sooner or later -- gets to bathe in the <Oneness of Love>.

Cos Everyone = God <3

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

8 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

What happens is that you stop unconsciously, emotionally seeing it/labelling it as "negative" or "positive": it just becomes part of the present moment.

This is so true???, they are just feelings, even though some of them have this unique not quite pleasant sensation!

On 6/18/2020 at 9:31 PM, WaveInTheOcean said:

Beautiful. You are always ready to progress towards discovering what is ultimately true -- i.e. to progress towards liberation/awakening. Don't worry about that. It will happen at its own pace no matter what 'you' do.

Yes, the key to negative emotions is to not resist them. Observe them, let them be. Don't control. Even let yourself fully go and just immerse yourself in the raw qualia-feeling of the so-called "negative" emotion itself. What happens when you fully let go of control and have absolutely no desire to change anything about the present moment / the Now ?? What happens is that you stop unconsciously, emotionally seeing it/labelling it as "negative" or "positive": it just becomes part of the present moment. And then it actually becomes beautiful. All emotions are beautiful in their own right. Absolutely beautiful. Absolute love.

<3

Yes, everyone are somewhat traumatized by their childhood. But you can often become conscious of this and remedy it, if you are willing to put it in the work.
I was talking about extreme neglect/extreme lack of love. This is not the norm, although there are still way too many who have been exposed to this.

Yes, fear is a reaction towards something you perceive as a threat to yourself. It is relatively speaking the opposite of love, yes. Absolutely speaking it is Love though, just as everything is. Nothing is not Love.

What I was doing in this post was to go full-circle to show that, yes, fear is a reaction towards something you perceive as a threat to yourself,... --> so that if 'yourself' got damaged too much/died, then you wouldn't be able to participate in the sharing of Love with all other beings...<-- this is what you actually fear. Of course the Cosmos is designed in such a way that everyone -- sooner or later -- gets to bathe in the <Oneness of Love>.

Cos Everyone = God <3

@WaveInTheOcean So if someone who is traumatized by their childhood and well into their adulthood. What psychedelics would you recommend to start this repair/growth transition. 

On 6/18/2020 at 5:18 PM, Galyna said:

Hope by letting go will lead me to the realization of my true nature. But I have to let go a lot, even my dreams

This is the dream. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

This is the dream. ?

❤️?